• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think?

• First cereal, then milk.

Votes: 597 82.5%
  • Milk first, then cereal.

Votes: 59 8.1%
  • Cereal and milk? I'm not 4 anymore

Votes: 68 9.4%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
México
It's all about getting the ratio right. Nobody wants too much milk in their cereal.

If you pour a bowl of milk, and then pour cereal into it, the cereal tends to float at the top, held up by the surface tension of the milk. When it's floating on top like that, it's very hard to tell whether you've got the ratio right. I mean... is the bowl full of cereal, or is it just a couple layers of flakes floating right there at the top?

You can never make a perfect bowl of cereal if you pour the milk first.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
hot milk ? microwave milk first, then cereal.

cold milk ? Cereal first, then milk.

Kefir/ fermented milk ? Same as cold milk.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I don't care what people do. If they want to pour their milk first then let them. It does no harm to me. Why does this bother you?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

cold milk ? Cereal first, then milk.

Kefir/ fermented milk ? Same as cold milk.

Hot milk? Microwave in a cup separately and pour over - avoids cooking the cereal too much

cold milk - cereal First. Dispense wrath of god on anyone that leaves the kill out of the fridge more than 5 mins - has to be ice cold

weetabix - stack and filter milk through Top one to maximise cold in top biscuit and correct consistency.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's weird. My brother also did this but tops up the corn flakes after eating the first portion until the milk is gone instead of you know just drinking it so he tops up about 3-4 times until the milk is no more.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Milk first, then cereal

*folds arms and smiles*

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I mix each bite of cereal with some milk in my mouth so the cereal never gets soggy then I spit it into the trash can and make some eggs.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I like to mix it up.

First round, cereal goes in the bowl, milk goes in over top.
But then I finish my cereal and I still have all of this milk left in the bowl. And I don't have a cat nearby.
So naturally, I put more cereal in the bowl to fill it back up. Maybe add a splash more of milk to top it off if I intend to go multiple rounds.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
if you fill a bowl with milk and then put cereal in it you are probably a maniac.

Cereal and then milk, and as little as possible because milk is gross.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
giphy.gif

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
First cereal then milk. How the fuck else will you know how much milk you need? What if you pour too much fucking milk and then there isn't room for cereal?

Madness.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I actually do this. Always have, it's a creature of habit thing now. I just think it's the better ay for me. I've tried changing it but never worked out for me.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
If I pour cereal first, there's a chance I might put in too much and I wouldn't have enough milk to balance it. I don't have a ton of milk and I need to share it, so it only makes sense for me to pour out as much milk as I need first and then put the cereal in.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i pour milk first and then a handful of cereal, eat it, and then add another handful of cereal. repeat until all milk is done. i do this because even slightly soggy cereal is the absolute worst.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
If you have to be wrong about one thing in your life, this is honestly the one to be wrong on.

OP how are you making threads about cereal when at this very moment there is someone who just took a shit and didn't wash his hands or another person recklessly eating the booty with no regard for any kinds of sanitation.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Cereal first, milk poured on the edge, never the center. It ruins the whole cereal. Anyone who pours milk in directly into the center isn't human. This is a fact.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
DIdn't even think this was a debate. Although I did once try to add Coco Pops to a full bowl of milk...

Take it from me... DO NOT attempt to do that 🤣