• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't even know there was a To The Moon 2 and I think I need to go have a lie down

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's a 2nd To the Moon? I don't think I can handle it. The first one turned me into an emotional mess

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I'm confused as much as others here, there was a second one?

OP
OP
nintendoman58

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know there was a To The Moon 2 and I think I need to go have a lie down
There's a 2nd To the Moon? I don't think I can handle it. The first one turned me into an emotional mess
The real news here is that there was a second one.

I'm confused as much as others here, there was a second one?

Y'all.

Y'all.

Finding Paradise was To the Moon 2.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
Great news, I played Finding Paradise last Christmas and really enjoyed going back to that world. Was hoping we would not have long to wait for this one, end of next year is good enough.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Ya'll need to play Finding Paradise. It's not as good at To the Moon and less engaging the whole way through but the ending still fucked me up emotionally in the exact same way, and it really does carry the spirit of the first.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Ya'll need to play Finding Paradise. It's not as good at To the Moon and less engaging the whole way through but the ending still fucked me up emotionally in the exact same way, and it really does carry the spirit of the first.

Looks like I need to play it but...it's been ages since I last played To the Moon, I can't remember the characters much except the ending which got me crying.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the first one even though I can also cope with the fact that it's full of contrivances in service of making the story as dramatic as possible. The OST is still a god-tier tearjerker. The best part of the game and the part that's aged the best.

I didn't think the second one was nearly as enjoyable. Saw the "twist" coming, and I was a bit more wary of the style of humor, which was a bit cringe tbh.

I'll probably still play the third out of curiosity, and just go back to listening to the OST for the first game.

Oct 28, 2017
Finding Paradise really seemed to fly under the radar compared to TtM. Maybe just naming it To the Moon 2 would have been the smarter (if more boring) move marketingwise.

The second game didn't affect me the way the first did, but it's still pretty good. Just pretty mellow compared to the gutpunching twists of TtM

I wonder if this will finally tackle the overarching storyline involving Neil that's been hinted at for a long time

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
I guess I was one of those few people who connected way more with Finding Paradise than To The Moon. I was a wreck by the end of Finding Paradise..although TtM hit me hard too. Day 1 for this.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious what this ends up being about with the way they've teased it until now. Finding Paradise was a better executed story compared to To the Moon and A Bird Story so hopefully this improves in the same way.

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
Ooooh boy... I don't remember any game making me cry so hard than the original To the moon. I don't usually play games that are 100% narrative but the premise kept me engaged.... and that ending... I remember calling the friend who recommended it to me and the moment he heard me on the line he started laughing and immediately said « oh so you've played it eh? »

A very memorable experience. I didn't know about the second one though! Is it as soul-crushing as the first one ? I don't know if I'm ready, I still get teary eyed sometimes when I think of the first!

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Finding Paradise was MUCH better than To The Moon. You could tell that Freebird got much better at writing and telling a complex story revolving around the manipulations of memories and time travel in this sequel.

I expect GOTY material with Imposter Factory.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Looks like I need to play it but...it's been ages since I last played To the Moon, I can't remember the characters much except the ending which got me crying.

You don't need to remember the details of the plot to To the Moon, the core storyline is mostly disconnected. All of these games are connected by the Sigmund Corp doctors, but the characters whose memories you go into aren't really related to each other.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
You don't need to remember the details of the plot to To the Moon, the core storyline is mostly disconnected. All of these games are connected by the Sigmund Corp doctors, but the characters whose memories you go into aren't really related to each other.

Ah that's perfect then!

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Cool, it's nice that there seems to be much less time between the games this time. Finding Paradise wasn't as good as To the Moon but it was alright.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
The real surprise for me was finding out that there is a To the Moon 2, lol

Gonna buy that one today!

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I've been hoping Finding Paradise would make its way to mobile like the first because little narrative games like this are perfect for it, but I guess that still hasn't happened.

Time to go googling for whatever happened to that anime movie adaptation or whatever that was announced (I think it was a big Chinese production maybe?).

Edit: still no news looks like

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Also found out there is a To The Moon 2 out there. Just checked it out and it's on sale on Steam. I will also get A Bird's Story. To The Moon made me cry when I played it. When I'm feeling super down, my partner sings Everything's Alright for me and it helps me to let my feelings out.

BhetjaXIV

Sep 8, 2018
Belgium
Also found out there is a To The Moon 2 out there. Just checked it out and it's on sale on Steam. I will also get A Bird's Story. To The Moon made me cry when I played it. When I'm feeling super down, my partner sings Everything's Alright for me and it helps me to let my feelings out.

Try to play "A Bird Story" first, it's kind of a prequel to Finding Paradise.
(It was, mostly, a teaser game)

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Damn, so many people not aware of Finding Paradise!

Please, everyone, play A Bird Story, and then do finding paradise immediatly, it's a great sequel and feel different enough, i love them both!

Should we make a new OT for finding paradise? lol

Yup, but this time he confirms it's part of the to the moon story, while before he was kinda teasing it like something different

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Release order is as follows:
  1. To the Moon
  2. Sigmund Corps. Minisode
  3. A Bird Story
  4. Sigmund Corps. Minisode 2
  5. Finding Paradise
  6. Impostor Factory