• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should Cap.Phasma alive?

• Yes.

Votes: 78 21.4%
  • No.

Votes: 138 37.8%
  • Who???

Votes: 149 40.8%

• Total voters

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Pretty funny how The Knights of Renn turned out to be more underwhelming than Phasma.... in traditional Star Wars fashion

Oct 25, 2017
Why would she be a First / Final Order prisoner if she was a member of the First Order? That doesn't make sense?

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
The Holdo Maneuver though... They hand-wave it in TROS by saying it's a "one in a million chance" or something like, but it didn't really look like that at all in TLJ. She just kind of casually steers the ship toward the Supremacy and pulls the lever. It didn't seem hard to replicate at all
I feel like the way they explained it was poor (just nobody should've mentioned it as the was no reason to bring it up when talking about 100 star destroyers instead of one single ship). It does make sense that both the material cost and potential personnel cost of evacuating everyone in the ship only to have them shot down when their escape craft leaves makes it not worth doing. It did feel weird that the writers felt it had to be addressed.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Windu is the only dude who has stayed dead after falling out the window. Imagine being the people on the ground minding their own business and they hear

"AHHHHHOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH"

and he lands on them.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
I feel like the way they explained it was poor (just nobody should've mentioned it as the was no reason to bring it up when talking about 100 star destroyers instead of one single ship). It does make sense that both the material cost and potential personnel cost of evacuating everyone in the ship only to have them shot down when their escape craft leaves makes it not worth doing. It did feel weird that the writers felt it had to be addressed.
It took out like twenty Star Destroyers behind the big ship though. But yeah I agree they shouldn't have brought it up at all, just explain it away in a comic or something

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why she has a fandom when she's literally just a stormtrooper. Who cares. Tons of stormtroopers die.

Oct 27, 2017
The Holdo Maneuver though... They hand-wave it in TROS by saying it's a "one in a million chance" or something like, but it didn't really look like that at all in TLJ. She just kind of casually steers the ship toward the Supremacy and pulls the lever. It didn't seem hard to replicate at all
It's the most hilariously petty thing in TROS. They make it a point tell the audience how ridiculous it is and how they would never use it. There were so many ways they could have respected something that audacious without shitting on it.

Would be like if in Battlestar Galactica, the season after we see the Adama Maneuver, someone brings it up and everyone throws tomatoes at him and calls them dumb for bringing it up.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Find out how amazing this mysterious and nuanced character is!.... in the comics.
51d0RITE%2BSL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Repeat for the Knights of Ren, Zorii Bliss, and how the Emperor returns. We just don't have time to explain this stuff in the two+ hour movies.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for The Phasma series on Disney+ where she continues to be a personality free bad ass with a weird cute sidekick

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The Last Jedi wasted so much potential.

Smoke, dead
Phasma, dead
Luke, dead
That random hacker with the stutter, flew of to parts unknown never to be seen again.

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
JJ funny enough candidly stated that he was surprised that Rian killed her off- that he felt there was more to her story to tell

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
TLJ could have done anything with her, but no, she just dies unceremoniously.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
What a waste. Also typical to tout her as this badass woman but give her like 2 lines of dialogue, <5 mins of screen time, and make her utterly insignificant and pathetic.
Dunno, she put up a bigger fight in TLJ than Boba ever did. Boba literally just stood around till he sprung into action in ROTJ and then Boba gets smacked around by a jedi and a blind guy takes him out.
Boba successfully set a trap up to catch Luke, Leia, and Han in Cloud City...

He's a pretty good bounty hunter I'd say. RoTJ didn't do him favours though haha

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember thinking that like Rey and Kylo, she would be Finns big bad.

But she never was more than wasted potential

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
In 30 years we get a new Star Wars trilogy and in the last part it's revealed that the person who was behind everything all along was Captain Phasma.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
good on Gwendoline Christie for getting the bag. she was in both movies for like a total of three minutes, and only one shot really even required her to be on set. probably got seven figures to show up on set for like two hours and then record the rest of her lines in an ADR booth.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
She's probably the 2nd top wasted talent in the movies besides getting the dudes from The Raid and just having them stand around (John Wick 3 knew how to do this!), and the 2nd top jobber in the sequel trilogy behind the Knights of Ren.

Just... man what a waste

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm stunned by the number of characters that in the TFA era Disney was like "You're gonna LOVE this major new character, Wally Jabroo!" and then the haracter is on screen for like <5 minutes in the whole trilogy? What a waste.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Captain Phasma is proof of how far we have come.

Now women can be Yamcha-level jobbers too.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
It took out like twenty Star Destroyers behind the big ship though. But yeah I agree they shouldn't have brought it up at all, just explain it away in a comic or something

I took the bolded for what was meant by saying it had a "1 in a million chance". Hitting the big ship may not have been hard, but taking out the rest of the fleet involved a lot of luck with the debris.

As for Phasma, I wouldn't mind seeing her survive this if it meant she gets a better story (like Maul did).

Oct 29, 2017
Shes got a cool design and a cool voice and a cool actress behind the mask
WHYYYYY dod they have to waste her

Atleast shes super fun to play in Battlefront 2

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Probably one of the worst things in this sequel trilogy. She's literally there to sell toys because look at cool chrome stormtrooper.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fun Fact: In the novel, Phasma literally murders Hux's dad by using a beetle from her nuclear wasteland home planet that turns him into Senator Kelly from X-Men

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate the new trilogy like a lot of people here do, but it is really annoying how they introduced these really cool looking bad guy characters and did absolutely fuck all with them. The prequels suck, but at least like Darth Maul and General Grievous came off as a threat before getting merced.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
She should have been like Kenny, died in every movie, and came back progressively missing body parts.