• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Fast 8 sucks, but the 3 Hobbit movies back to back is classified as torture in most countries.

Give me La Familia

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Love The Hobbit and LotR trilogys so I would watch them. Hell make them the extended editions.

Oct 27, 2017
How do they stack up in length? I'm assuming the Middle Earth saga runs quite a bit longer so I'd probably opt for F&F.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Both options sound okay.
I've never seen the Fast and Furious films and I'm sure I'd enjoy some of them.
A LOTR marathon? Fuck yeah, sign me up. As for the Hobbit being included... Eh, it's only the third one I actively hate.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Yeah, F&F, no contest. I never watched any of these movies so it will be intersting at least. LoTR is dreadfull.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I don't like Fast and the Furious movies and I love the original LotR trilogy. I sit through them on TNT through commercials sometimes. This is no contest.

Last edited:

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
What do you mean tokyo drift counts? thats the only good film from the first 3.

I'd go with LOTR. I adore the LOTR, and i can tolerate Hobbit films

If i can watch with friends, probably fast though. Can laugh at the campiness of the first few, but watch the last few great ones.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
gritty.gif

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
If the lotr series didn't sully its name with the shit sandwich that is the Hobbit series I would have chosen that.

But it does, so F&F it is. Helps that apart from the low point that Tokyo drift is, the rest of them improve as they go along.

Oct 25, 2017
As long as I can get bathroom breaks the LOTR series for sure, especially if I can put the Hobbit movies first. They're dumb fun and I can watch some of my favorite movies ever afterwards with the main trilogy.

Fast and the Furious has like...one movie I sorta liked? I'd probably go crazy by the end and Bronson would have to rescue ME.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOTR easily. F&F are complete trash IMO. I enjoy cheesy action trash myself, but I get no enjoyment out of F&F.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Never seen any of the Hobbit films and loved the LotR EEs, so that would be an easy pick. Like others have said though, I would definitely need bathroom and food breaks.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Can the Quebecian warlord wait until Rise of Skywalker comes out so that I can request a marathon of the three Star Wars trilogies instead? That kinda sounds like fun.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Lotr is my GOAT blockbuster movie series. But the hobbit is painful

I guess fast and furious

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I swore a blood oath to never watch another Fast movie after Furious 7.
That said, I doubt that I could make it through either series again, marathon or not.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
the hobbit and the FF franchise are equally fun while the LotR trilogy is legitimately great. At least with LotR you get some quality out of the deal rather than just a string of completely dull films.

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fast and Furious all day. Dumb fun popcorn flicks are much easier to get through then the Hobbit movies. Those are a fucking slog to watch. Honestly never finished the third Hobbit movie.