• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Obvious spoilers for Scream 5 if you haven't seen it yet:

And just to add because I know this will probably be brought up: No, you're not being compared to a crazy killer for not liking The Last Jedi and if you think they're making fun of you here than you missed the point.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading about this after seeing the film a few months ago. Funny stuff.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Jack Quaid is awesome. And he's on Star Trek Lower Decks, so he does have experience in at least some of this.

I wonder if actors will start charging a premium for being in Star Wars, especially if they're not white/male.
I don't see how it's still worth it for already established actors at least.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
This made me laugh a lot. I wonder if he trolls the trek "fans".

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I actually didn't know he was Dennis Quaids son until after I had watched first season of The Boys.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, that screenshotted post reads more like someone who is trolling or who is completely oblivious to Star Wars fandom, because it's too basic of a take to be making 4 years after the movie came out. I imagine the real toxic fans are down much deeper rabbit holes by that point.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, that screenshotted post reads more like someone who is trolling or who is completely oblivious to Star Wars fandom, because it's too basic of a take to be making 4 years after the movie came out. I imagine the real toxic fans are down much deeper rabbit holes by that point.
Nah, all that shit in his post comes up pretty much in every Star Wars discussion nowadays.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

I mean he's not gonna post real heinous shit in character he's not Jared Leto

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I honestly believe the TLJ backlash was one of the most impactful nerdom moments of the last decade. The way it still has ripple effects through pop culture is wild.

Rian Johnson stays winning.

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
TLJ is a Star Wars movie that appears to openly mock Star Wars and fans of Star Wars, which truly is a brilliantly subversive thing for an artist to create. It's kind of incredible. But the fan response to that was always going to be rough.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Jack Quaid is a very funny guy

He did an episode of Red Letter Media recently and was hilarious.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, all that shit in his post comes up pretty much in every Star Wars discussion nowadays.

People still hold those opinions, but complaining about character choices or plot direction are the sort of thing you would expect from a casual fan of Star Wars who didn't like the movie.

I'd find it more believable as a fanboy if it had some unfounded theories about Rian Johnson or Kathleen Kennedy or something like that. Like how DC fans were obsessed with theorizing about the contents of the Snyder Cut before it was released.

DarthMasta

Feb 17, 2018
Didn't complain that Rey was a Mary Sue, no thinly veiled criticism of having more minorities, nothing about woke messaging. Daniel Day Lewis would've gone much more method.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
TLJ is a Star Wars movie that appears to openly mock Star Wars and fans of Star Wars, which truly is a brilliantly subversive thing for an artist to create. It's kind of incredible. But the fan response to that was always going to be rough.
Jack? Haven't watched Scream 5, but you're great in The Boys 🙂

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly feel like this is a perspective only deep Star Wars fans feel. I don't think average people cared at all about him throwing the lightsaber or anything like that and the vitriolic reaction to things like that from certain people is absolutely wild from the outside.

On topic, the post in the OP honestly reads like any dozen of posts I've seen on this site.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I don't.... know how i feel about "getting into character" by materially creating the antagonistic and toxic things in the real world that your character is supposed to represent by means of fiction 🤔

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Glad I saw this already, because those "obvious spoilers" are in the thread title.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
I don't.... know how i feel about "getting into character" by materially creating the antagonistic and toxic things in the real world that your character is supposed to represent by means of fiction 🤔

Shit, all Jack has to do is channel his Papa. I fucking love how open and defiant he is toward his Trumper dad.

Best of luck to Jack, hope he becomes an even more successful actor than his pops

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017

TLJ good or bad is actually not the topic of the thread.