• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
www.cbr.com

Magneto Is About to Form His Own, All-New Mutant Team

The Magneto and the Mutant Force one-shot will see the Master of Magnetism leading a new mutant team in May's Heroes Reborn storyline.

Years ago, Magneto and Professor X led Earth's mutants in a final push for independence against the Squadron Supreme of America. What followed was the Squadron's Mutant Massacre, a violent rebuttal that left Mutantkind forever wounded, and Xavier dead…or so Magneto thought. Years later, Magneto discovers Xavier clinging to life in the astral plane and gathers his allies for a first-of-its-kind rescue mission. Too bad the same mission puts the Mutant Force back on the Squadron's radar! Failure means the last gasp of Mutant-kind, but success means the first breaths of something even more elusive to the mutants of Heroes Reborn: HOPE.
This takes place in a universe where the Avengers never assembled
I see you Mags, if you got to take on bootleg Justice League, might as well form up a harem
Magneto-MutantForce-1.jpg

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It's a little physcial but that is a pretty jacked team. Sabra can go toe to toe with The Hulk, Fenzy is jacked as well, and Rogue can do the damn thing too.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Comics are now naming characters after hummus brands, we are reaching the limits here

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I just poked fun at the name as a joke, but its pretty funny you looked it up to make sure she came first lol.
You think he looked it up? Lol.
Wait until Marvel hires me, the teams i would make
I imagine it would be much like a Grant Morrison Event comic. The version inside your head is amazing and you have mined the whole 80+ years of continuity and have pulled some of the most obscure characters and references together.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
....Y'know with Heroes Reborn basically just going "What if Marvel was DC?" I'm sitting here trying to think of what thing we're pastiching here with this.

Like the Squadron's supposed to be the good guys, right? Theoretically? Or are we going Squadron Sinister already?

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
....Y'know with Heroes Reborn basically just going "What if Marvel was DC?" I'm sitting here trying to think of what thing we're pastiching here with this.

Like the Squadron's supposed to be the good guys, right? Theoretically? Or are we going Squadron Sinister already?
I don't think it's about DC at all. The Squadron in its current form have basically been the government attack dog super heroes. I think it's meant to be more of a "if the heroes literally worked for the government."

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So is this heroes reborn stuff just a bunch of one shots or is it going to effect the 616?

Dec 30, 2020
Fuck, this is amazing.

Magneto just downtown on a bender, causing mischief. Pushing things over and knocking signs off their posts until someone calls the Fire Department to get him taken to a shelter for the night.
What's getting me even more is how much Magneto sounds like Ed Asner.

"HEY FREAKAZOID. Want to go destroy that which offends Magneto?" "Do I!!!"

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Magneto just downtown on a bender, causing mischief. Pushing things over and knocking signs off their posts until someone calls the Fire Department to get him taken to a shelter for the night.

I swear Captain Murphy on Sealab 2021 has at least some basis in this version of Magneto.

Pulling into a gas station just to mouth off the attendant, then getting stuck in a traffic jam for a while before he realizes that his dumb bus sled can fly. New Fantastic Four is just the best.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017

Everytime I see her use her psionic exoskeleton, she gets bodied...Jean Grey, Rachel, Cable(in his low level psi days at that)...even Colossus.

Only time I liked her was after Fall from Avalon when her and Frenzy were sane enough to listen to Cyclops and have him lead them to the old Australian outback Reavers base Storm 'n nem used to use.

Oct 25, 2017
Good for them!

edit - hahaha oh my god they made an Israeli mutant and called her Sabra?? Wow. Cool for colonizer representation tho

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's about DC at all. The Squadron in its current form have basically been the government attack dog super heroes. I think it's meant to be more of a "if the heroes literally worked for the government."

It's not exactly, but any Squadron Supreme story's going to inherent some kind of DC parody by virtue of the Squadron themselves been one to the Justice League. Hell, of the covers I've seen Hyperion and the Imperial Guard Is no doubt leaning on the Imperial Guard already being a pastiche of the Legion of Super Heroes and I could see Peter Parker: The Amazing Shutterbug taking cues from Jimmy Olsen.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Well I don't know, is a qualification to be a mod to know when snack brand company and comic book characters were created? Because I would think people would have to look up those facts to know exactly how many years apart they are lol
Nah it's more that it's Slayven. I wouldn't be surprised if he just knew that.

Is Emma Frost still calling herself the White Queen?
That is her mutant nam, yes. Friends and lovers still call her Emma.

It's not exactly, but any Squadron Supreme story's going to inherent some kind of DC parody by virtue of the Squadron themselves been one to the Justice League. Hell, of the covers I've seen Hyperion and the Imperial Guard Is no doubt leaning on the Imperial Guard already being a pastiche of the Legion of Super Heroes and I could see Peter Parker: The Amazing Shutterbug taking cues from Jimmy Olsen.
That's fair. If anything perhaps this will be a pastiche of the Crime Syndicate.