• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
If I had any remote interest, it's gone now. I was just reaching this yesterday in curiosity of maybe actually getting this as long as it worked with both my H1/2 copies from Steam. Not worth it anymore.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Three Separate Publishers means bundles are awkward.

The series has always been notorious with price drops being so aggressive that it kind of screws over the early adopters, so you should buy the game mostly as a way to support the devs. They tried the Elusive Target system to help give early adopters a nice reward, but there's been some really negative responses to that.
Their idea of making all the content from previous games available in the latest is a noble one, but going through a different publisher for each game complicates the whole thing, and then you have this EGS exclusivity complicating it further on PC.

I have a feeling that somewhere much further down the line someone gonna try to cut through all that red tape and just release all content from all three games in one brand new SKU.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
This EGS deal and PSVR deal, have made the PC version the definitively worst option in terms of content per dollar.

grizzlyburrs

Apr 23, 2020
The weirdest part of this for me is that nobody could have had Hitman 2 on EGS because it just isn't even out yet. Like it's one thing if this were to be a negative experience for some people who just happened to own Hitman 2 on the wrong launcher but this is literally every PC player being affected.

Their idea of making all the content from previous games available in the latest is a noble one, but going through a different publisher for each game complicates the whole thing, and then you have this EGS exclusivity complicating it further on PC.

Except the publisher thing didn't make a difference for the console versions.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much unacceptable from IOI.

– Progression carryover is a one-time process, meaning once you have performed a carryover for a particular platform, you will not be able to do so again at a later time.

Are players going to be shafted again if they want to move back to Steam?

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019
The biggest issue is that this trilogy has consistently screwed over early adopters

This is the main problem I have with IOI right now. I got complete first season for Hitman 2016 for pc when it was available. But later they announced GOTY edition with the additional DLC which revealed that what they sold as complete first season was not 'complete'. Later when Hitman 2 released, they didn't let you to access Hitman 1 GOTY bonuses even if you have owned Hitman 2 Gold Edition and Complete First Season. This led to hilarious upgrade situation that they had 2 upgrade DLC's for Hitman 1 GOTY. Which they named GOTY Legacy Pack and GOTY Legacy Pack Upgrade. Thus it became confusing for the newcomers of Hitman 2. It's criticised rightfully at the time.

Honestly, even with the mishandling of DLC situation, I became fan of the franchise with Hitman 2. And it's still a great game with all of the content. But they make it hard to support them because of the decisions like this, again and again. I already ignored Hitman 3 when they announced Epic exclusivity, fully realising same problems would have come up again while bringing legacy content to Hitman 3, knowing their track record. And they didn't disappoint.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is the main problem I have with IOI right now. I got complete first season for Hitman 2016 for pc when it was available. But later they announced GOTY edition with the additional DLC which revealed that what they sold as complete first season was not 'complete'. Later when Hitman 2 released, they didn't let you to access Hitman 1 GOTY bonuses even if you have owned Hitman 2 Gold Edition and Complete First Season. This led to hilarious upgrade situation that they had 2 upgrade DLC's for Hitman 1 GOTY. Which they named GOTY Legacy Pack and GOTY Legacy Pack Upgrade. Thus it became confusing for the newcomers of Hitman 2. It's criticised rightfully at the time.

Honestly, even with the mishandling of DLC situation, I became fan of the franchise with Hitman 2. And it's still a great game with all of the content. But they make it hard to support them because of the decisions like this, again and again. I already ignored Hitman 3 when they announced Epic exclusivity, fully realising same problems would have come up again while bringing legacy content to Hitman 3, knowing their track record. And they didn't disappoint.

Yeah, this is the thing, I love the first 2 Hitman games of this trilogy so much that the pre-order of the EGS version was going to be my first purchase on the service. Not anymore...

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Well that sucks.
CDKeys is this way.

Being required to pay (presumably) €18 (20% of current price for Hitman 2 Gold Edition on Steam) to access content I already own is garbage.

Further disappointing that the Passes were not made to be included with the Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition, which is already severely overpriced at 899kr.
I was considering maybe actually getting the Deluxe Edition despite it not seeming particularly worth it, as a celebratory tip of the hat to IOI for delivering the final third of one of my favorite game series in the past decade. But now....

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I will however say that I find it depressing and hilarious in equal measure that Epic's contributions to the PC marketplace is often to hobble it as a smart and viable multiplatform choice, and make the gated, restricted eco systems of consoles somehow look like a more attractive option for a year.

Yupppp

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
This is garbage.

I just rebought the game on PC (since I own it on Xbox) since they had a huge sale and there was the expectation it would carry over.

and know I have to either pay them again for the same game or wait until it gets to Steam?

Why are they doing this? Just burning good will for nothing.

just make it free for on week on the EGS or something.

"we give you a discount to buy the exact same game from us".

I was so looking forward to this game but now I feel cheated

Nov 2, 2017
Wait, does that mean if I carry my progress over from Steam-Hitman 2 to EGS-Hitman 3 I cannot do the same again if I ever buy the Steam version of 3?

There's no hard indication, but almost certainly the answer is no.

They're migrating progress from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3 using your IOI account. Unless they're really screwing this up (possible), the most likely scenario is you migrate that data and whenever you sign into that IOI account from PC Hitman 3, regardless of EGS or Steam, it's the same data.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care thaaaat much about backporting content but this really sucks ass.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
What on earth is going on with takes in this thread?

'Yeah, we promised you would be able to migrate your license to EGS without paying anything on our website and in communication....turns out something changed, and you can't.

But hey, at least it's cheap!*'

*price TBD

Companies are not your friend, I'll never understand people stumping for them like this.

IF they hadn't previously said it was possible and only just said to the otherwise 5 days before launch, it'd maybe be overreacting.....but that's not what happened.

I thought they never promised the levels? They only said "progress" and I always assumed you wouldnt be able to take things over.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
This is why the "Oh, c'mon...it's just one more launcher you have to install. It's not so bad." argument doesn't hold water. It's situations like this that drove me to start purchasing console versions of games exclusive to launchers other than Steam on PC.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I thought they never promised the levels? They only said "progress" and I always assumed you wouldnt be able to take things over.

They definitely promised that levels would be free of charge to gain access to for steam owners of 1 and 2, in both communication and information on the official game website.

Heck, we had a thread here on recent deep hitman 1/2 sales based on said communication.

The graphic in question is both posted in this thread, and on this pcgamer article.

www.pcgamer.com

Hitman 3's Epic Store exclusivity means Hitman 2 levels won't be free (Update: IO says it's going to fix this)

Owners of the first two games were supposed to get maps from those games free, but on PC, that'll only work with Hitman 1.

There's 'maybe' some tiny bit of wiggle room in not saying 'for existing owners' not necessarily applying to all platforms, but by not saying any specific platforms, the assumption would easily be made.

In any case, there definitely isn't an asterisk on that graphic.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
How is that just coming out now, after the holiday sales. I get the arguments that IOI is independent and took the deals, but the communication doesn't have to be fucked up like this. I've been an early adopter for each entry and have double dipped before, but the fans that want to keep their lights on continually get the short end of the stick.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
How is that just coming out now, after the holiday sales. I get the arguments that IOI is independent and took the deals, but the communication doesn't have to be fucked up like this.

Agreed. It's still not clear how it's gonna be for us who want to play on EGS and switch to Steam later. Will that progress carry over? No official word.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
How is that just coming out now, after the holiday sales. I get the arguments that IOI is independent and took the deals, but the communication doesn't have to be fucked up like this. I've been an early adopter for each entry and have double dipped before, but the fans that want to keep their lights on continually get the short end of the stick.

They didn't want to lose on sales people buying 2 for free upgrade.

Three Separate Publishers means bundles are awkward.

The series has always been notorious with price drops being so aggressive that it kind of screws over the early adopters, so you should buy the game mostly as a way to support the devs. They tried the Elusive Target system to help give early adopters a nice reward, but there's been some really negative responses to that.

No issues on consoles though, so they must have agreement.

Agreed. It's still not clear how it's gonna be for us who want to play on EGS and switch to Steam later. Will that progress carry over? No official word.

At this point, would there be any reason to belive IOI if they said it would carry?

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
Damn.. It really sucks that while debating buying these games on Steam vs. PS4 a week ago I decided on PC.

:/

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
yo EvilBoris while you're here do you have any thoughs on the HDR in 2? I got it working on PC but it looks really over saturated. Skin in particular looked really red

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you already own Hitman 2 on Steam, just go play that. Not being able to import it into Hitman 3 on EGS isn't really that big a deal. Yes, there are some extra benefits to importing into Hitman 3, but they're not that terribly significant. The whole "import your levels" thing is really more for console players who want to play all the levels in one place on next-gen consoles without keeping 2 machines plugged in.

To be clear, this is disappointing, but I'm not sure all these rage-filled "fuck IO Interactive" messages are warranted.

Its way more than just that. All the live content IO is going to be pushing is going to be for Hitman 3. During Hitman 2's active live content support they pushed some new content in the old levels you could import from Hitman 2016. We could see potentially some new content for Hitman 2 locations as well as bringing back older content like chances at Hitman and Hitman 2 elusive targets.

Apr 25, 2020
I give it......Another year at most before people are talking about Epic in the same breath as the likes of EA and Blizzard

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's broken on PC, I never managed to find a way around it
As in you never managed to get it working/enabled or the implementation itself is faulty? I managed to get it turned on a few months ago and the HDR itself seemed to work but everything was more saturated for some reason. IIRC had to leave the HDR setting in windows disabled and make the game fullscreen?

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
so they are screwing their fan-base not once but twice with this epic bullshit deal, fuck IO for doing this, I'm not buying this game until it's on a deep sale now

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
As in you never managed to get it working/enabled or the implementation itself is faulty? I managed to get it turned on a few months ago and the HDR itself seemed to work but everything was more saturated for some reason. IIRC had to leave the HDR setting in windows disabled and make the game fullscreen?
It comes on no problem, but it's oversaturated-all the menus are bright pink.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Its way more than just that. All the live content IO is going to be pushing is going to be for Hitman 3. During Hitman 2's active live content support they pushed some new content in the old levels you could import from Hitman 2016. We could see potentially some new content for Hitman 2 locations as well as bringing back older content like chances at Hitman and Hitman 2 elusive targets.

Yup and on top of that, there's a raytracing patch coming that looks awesome. So I'd love to replay some of those levels. But I guess I'll just pass overall.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to know why hasn't this been informed before

Because they "tried everything" and it's "out of their control". Y'know, other than signing the Epic deal.

Honestly, just read that the RTX patch isn't until later anyway, so I guess the Steam release will just be the full release.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Yeah cant lie, I understand the principal of not wanting to rebuy shit again on a worse platform, but when its going to be super cheap in all likelihood a lot of people on here seem to be overreacting.
If cheap is all you care about it, then shouldn't most of us wait for the original platform we own it on? It'll be even cheaper when you don't have to re-buy stuff and factor in the re-launch sale.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I was already pretty irritated with the lack of VR on PC, this is just borderline insulting. Xbox version it is, I suppose.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Epic still in the business of making their platform aggressively unappealing to the point where their user base seems to be almost exclusively there for free or f2p games

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Unless you own 1 and 2 there as well, I wouldn't even bother. Fuck em.
I'm a big fan of the franchise and I already own 1 and 2 on Xbox, yeah. I also owned them on PC, where I'd much rather play Hitman 3, but they kind of fucked that right up. It's a shitty situation all around. They fucked everyone here.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
well this, this makes it easy for me to pick the PS5 as my system of choice for hitman 3.

cop a year later on steam.

Jan 15, 2018
Really cool of them to wait until less than a week before launch to tell us that. I bought the game based on the promise that I could get the levels for free, so this is quite shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.