• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Shit, I own everything on steam, but was gonna buy on epic since I was led to believe the IOI account would link everything. Now ill just wait for it to hit steam.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I'm confused, is the problem that you have to pay whatever the cost is for the the Hitman 2 access pass at 80% discount (which is about $8 estimated given the current hitman 2 expansion pass price), despite getting everything else (including all progression carryover, and all hitman 1 stuff) for free?

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
I'm confused, is the problem that you have to pay whatever the cost is for the the Hitman 2 access pass at 80% discount (which is about $8 estimated given the current hitman 2 expansion pass price), despite getting everything else (including all progression carryover, and all hitman 1 stuff) for free?

Yeah cant lie, I understand the principal of not wanting to rebuy shit again on a worse platform, but when its going to be super cheap in all likelihood a lot of people on here seem to be overreacting.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All IOI and Epic would need to do to fix this would be to make Hitman 2 content free. I would buy the game if this happened.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Well the gold edition on steam right now is £75
80% would be £15, which is hardly nothing, particularly when you already own it

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Bummer to see the messaging get so messy on this. Since the game is using your IOI account to track progression/carries that over even without the levels, the whole thing seems pretty odd. The game clearly "knows" you did this stuff in hitman 2 if you have the unlocks, and the hitman 3 client already by default has the entire 1/2 game inside of it to unlock.

May 31, 2018
Ohio
Guess I'll cancel my pre-order then. I was really looking forward to it too.

Their loss all around.

Make a deal with the devil... Well. 🤷🏻‍♂️

zeldor711

Feb 11, 2020
Disappointing. Guess I'm waiting however long it takes for it to come out on Steam, got plenty to play in the meantime.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
That sucks. Never nice to have to repay for content unnecessarily. I'm wanting to play on XSX this time (1&2 were on PSN) so ended up buying Hitman 2 Gold again on that. I think it'll be more than worth it at the discounted cost you can usually find it at. Obviously still crap news to come out of the blue, right before release.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell, I specifically bought Hitman 2 Gold (and the one DLC pack I was missing from Hitman 1) so I could play the whole trilogy in Hitman 3.
Why didn't they announce this sooner, surely one week before release is not when issues like this are deemed non-resolvable?
A bit annoyed, ngl. First purchase on EGS and this happens.

What will Hitman 2 Gold be priced at? 80% off isn't a price. If they base it on Steam, this will be another 20 bucks... In which case I will refund my H3 order out of principle. Hopefully there will be some sort of workaround in any case.

This whole content situation is just way more complicated than it has any right to be.

Last edited:

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Guess I'll wait? Get the complete edition on Steam at a half price some time in the future. I have plenty of other game to play.
Real shame though I supported them with Hitman 2 and bought it at full price on release when I wasn't ready to play it but nah won't support this.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
While this is undoubtedly a worse situation for existing owners than we were previously led to believe, it is such a huge improvement for PC players that don't own either of the previous games, that I can't really be outraged.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
While this is undoubtedly a worse situation for existing owners than we were previously led to believe, it is such a huge improvement for PC players that don't own either of the previous games, that I can't really be outraged.

The biggest issue is that this trilogy has consistently screwed over early adopters, from the H1 bonus missions not being available to those of us who bought the game episodically (until after all core episodes were released) to our progress in H1 not carrying over to H2 (as initially promised), to H2 getting a 50% discount only a month after release, to these new shenanigans.

Really, the ugly truth of these Hitman games is they just never sold as well as they truly deserved, leading to this bizarre game of hot potato between different publishers and exclusivity deals that complicated IOI's original vision of having one evolving "Hitman™" client. It's a minor miracle they were able to continue to deliver these sequels that are as good as, if not better than, the original Hitman 2016.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I forgot about different region pricing. Seems to be a lot less acceptable around the world

But like...people were talking in thr other thread about being ok to pay 30$ extra bucks for the SIX escalations in the Deluxe edition...hitman 2 pass seems like small beans compared to that

Theres nothing small beans or overreacting about paying for something again that you already own on the same platform, simply due to it being a different launcher.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
I was disappointed I'd have to wait to purchase this on Steam, but no longer. Disappointing for all the people who really want to play right away.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Goes without saying, but this is a really bad move.

The ones who own the previous games are your fans, and you're messing them about like this. Where's the value in that?

Oct 25, 2017
It's that if you have the previous two games on consoles you get Hitman 2 levels for free, while on PC this is not the case because of an exclusivity deal made by IO Interactive that players had no control over. And if you buy the game more than 10 days after launch you won't get the Hitman 1 content either and must pay for that too.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah cant lie, I understand the principal of not wanting to rebuy shit again on a worse platform, but when its going to be super cheap in all likelihood a lot of people on here seem to be overreacting.
it's cheap if you buy it in the two week window.

people who bought it on steam during the last steam sale, specifically because they expected it to link to the EGS copies, now have to spend more money to get it to work on EGS. they already paid for content they were told was going to work on EGS. now it doesn't, and the people who didn't buy it on Steam are now going to pay less.

people who want the game after two weeks won't get the 80% discount. so for them, it won't be cheap at all.

fade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

While what you said is true I doubt anyone would be overreacting if they didn't directly tell people that it would be possible without knowing it was a certainty.

Edit: An easy compromise would be like what they did in VR in the early days. If you bought some games on Steam and wanted an Oculus key and you emailed the dev requesting one with proof that you own it they would give you a free key for the other platform. I highly doubt this would happen in this case but that would make the most sense to me.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Seems kind of dumb to tout a big feature of "You can have all the games here" but limit that to the majority of your base that owns Hitman 1 and 2 on another platform.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
This is so fucking disappointing! It's one thing to come out and just say, hey if you buy it on Epic you will have to rebuy the content you already own on another client. But the non-replies, and empty hazy language concerning transferring content- all of it was so lackluster. That HITMAN 2 Legacy pack at a discount is fine but, especially considering that they aren't even selling it on Epic, they put PC owners in a strange place.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
With hundreds of hours in Hitman 2 my excitement for this game is unreal, but this is crushingly disappointing after they told us months ago we'd be taken care of :/

SimonM7

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I will never blame the dev/publisher for taking Epic's deals, because it supposedly is a remarkable, almost too good to be sustainable long term for Epic-thing. I base this on Mike Bithell's (John Wick Hex, The Solitaire Conspiracy) comments on the fantastic "Play Watch Listen" podcast. "Fuck IO" is the worst take in a situation like this.

I will however say that I find it depressing and hilarious in equal measure that Epic's contributions to the PC marketplace is often to hobble it as a smart and viable multiplatform choice, and make the gated, restricted eco systems of consoles somehow look like a more attractive option for a year.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
When complaining on a unofficial forum is deemed overreacting, one must wonder if we can do more than shut up and consume.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

What on earth is going on with takes in this thread?

'Yeah, we promised you would be able to migrate your license to EGS without paying anything on our website and in communication....turns out something changed, and you can't.

But hey, at least it's cheap!*'

*price TBD

Companies are not your friend, I'll never understand people stumping for them like this.

IF they hadn't previously said it was possible and only just said to the otherwise 5 days before launch, it'd maybe be overreacting.....but that's not what happened.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering about this. I got Hitman 1 on sale on steam a long time ago but still haven't had the time to start it yet, much less Hitman 2. I imagine by the time I do get around to starting these games Hitman 3'll be on Steam and all these games will be on much more significant discounts, probably even in some kind of trilogy bundle.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
IOI lied and it's very disappointing. I love Hitman. I guess since they are done with Hitman they are burning all bridges on their way out. If you buy Hitman 3, 1 and 2 should be free if you own it on steam.

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering about this. I got Hitman 1 on sale on steam a long time ago but still haven't had the time to start it yet, much less Hitman 2. I imagine by the time I do get around to starting these games Hitman 3'll be on Steam and all these games will be on much more significant discounts, probably even in some kind of trilogy bundle.

Three Separate Publishers means bundles are awkward.

The series has always been notorious with price drops being so aggressive that it kind of screws over the early adopters, so you should buy the game mostly as a way to support the devs. They tried the Elusive Target system to help give early adopters a nice reward, but there's been some really negative responses to that.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Curious about how many copies they're gonna sell in EGS now.

Absolutely waiting for the Steam release now.

Status
Not open for further replies.