• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Epic keeping making PC gaming worse every way they can. And we are supposed to trust them with our money?

Edit: to be clear IOI is also at fault with taking all exclusivity deals they can (VR, EGS, etc.etc.)

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Christ. Way to fuck over the playerbase that's supported you for 20 years, IO. First taking the money for VR exclusivity and now this.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I don't completely fault IO here, it's tough being a sizable independent developer and they need to start afloat to keep making games - but it would have been good to know this well in advance.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
EryU0ahXYAIzGko

I'll put the money toward something else, shame too

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Put 300+ hours into Hitman 1/2. Would like to be excited about Hitman 3, but after giving EGS a chance for the last year and losing around 700GB of game installs and their saves, I've uninstalled it and moved on. This kind of shit is just icing on the cake for me. No thanks, plenty of games in my backlog I've been putting off.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't that the whole reason for having their IO account system in Hitman 2?

Well whatever, I wasn't getting it on EGS anyways.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass and HITMAN 2 Gold Access Pass will be 80% off for 14 days after the launch of HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store and will continue to be discounted regularly.

Guess I'll wait and see how much that translates to.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Oof. Just make both Hitman 1 and 2 free for people who buy Hitman 3 on Epic for the first 10 days. This is a no brainer. 80% a game people already own on steam isn't a deal lol.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Fuck Epic and IO. I was going wait for Steam release and not give money to EGS anyway, but now it's not just me being disappointed - they are just fucking over their loyal fans who bought all previous games.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
who they agreed to work with

I'm not sure why you're so determined to absolve ioi of everything
This is undoubtedly a big mess up and not a good look.

But despite that, they clearly thought they could do it or they wouldn't have said they could, and I do have some sympathy for them given the financial imperative going independent places on these kind of deals.

But yeah, really, really not ideal, and they definitely should have said this before now as they definitely didn't just find out. Making Hitman 1 free was a fair response but maybe they should've done the same with 2. Or generated codes for those who could prove they owned 2 on steam.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Such a stupid decision. Considering a vast majority of the people buying 3 already own 2 on Steam, it's such a shitty business move.

Realistically, unless Epic has tightened up their coffers, they probably gave IOI enough money to keep the lights on even with the disgruntlement and (some indeterminate number of) loss of sales.

Honestly, this situation would have probably been...at the least far less irritating if they hadn't even said anything about carrying Hitman 1/2 levels over from Steam, and 'just' had the cheap/free variants on the EGS and explain that it's a licensing issue.

This happening AFTER the initial statements just throws more gasoline on the fire.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
This kinda sucks, but with Hitman 1 free on EGS and the hitman 2 stuff at about 15$, this doesnt seem too bad

Mastery level is more worrisome

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Damn it, I bought the games on Steam a month ago just to be able to transfer the saves. Looks like I am going to be playing Hitman 3 later than I expected.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Considering most people who pre-ordered Hitman 3 on Epic probably utilized one of the sales/coupons they have going almost all the time, this really doesn't seem like the biggest deal in the world. It sucks, but It sounds like the access pass will be like $5.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Hitman is one of my favourite franchises, ever. But fuck this. I'm not paying for Hitman 2 twice just to give Epic more money. Its already $40 fucking dollars more for the deluxe edition.

Thanks for waiting 5 days before release before telling us.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
How much is Hitman 2 at 80% off?
Guess I'll wait and see how much that translates to.

Base game: 60 * 0.2 = 12 USD/EUR
Base game + expansion pass: 90 * 0.2 = 18 EUR or 100 * 0.2 = 20 USD

edit: gold ed. is 100 bux

edit 2: hmm doesn't seem like the game itself will be on EGS, just the pass for the levels as DLC to 3. So I'm guessing the pricing will be different than the full game either way.

Last edited:

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like they're going out of their way to make this shit as confusing as possible so PC players don't realize they're getting fucked over. I purchsed through GMG. I wish I could refund it.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
This definitely sounds like more Epic fuckery, that's really REALLY odd though, like you'd figure IOI could just rely on player data via its internal account system to decide if you should have access to all the content on the epic version, considering all the content is in the initial download anyhow...

Keep on fucking things up epic, yaaaaay

(IOI definitely should've said something about this in recent weeks though, droppingthis now is just a dick move)

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. I just recently bought Hitman 2 on Steam because they said you would be able to transfer it to EGS. I specifically wanted to buy it on EGS to avoid this potential problem, but it wasn't available on EGS, so I assumed the Steam version was the only way to go. Why has it taken so long to put Hitman 2 on EGS?

I doubt i can refund the game on Steam now. Bummer.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
As always, just easiest to wait these out until they hit Steam. You end up with a better game and sometimes for a solid discount.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Ah yes, the endgame is fucking over players and not making money. They signed a deal to secure income which is fine / whatever. They fucked up by not making sure their steam license rollover was insured in the deal.
I hope they pay you well enough for dying on the hill of them fucking over the playerbase that supported them for 20 years my friend.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like they're going out of their way to make this shit as confusing as possible so PC players don't realize they're getting fucked over. I purchsed through GMG. I wish I could refund it.
You should be able to, this is the refund policy for gmg

• The time of your request for refund/credit is no more than 7 days from the time of purchase.
  • The game has not been activated or downloaded (including keyless redemption).
  • The game activation key (including any bonus or beta keys) has not been disclosed to you by email or web page.
  • We are unable to process refunds 48 hours before a game is due to be released or preload begins.
  • Due to Paypal limitations, Paypal refunds cannot be processed any later than 120 days from purchase.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yeah I'll continue waiting for the Steam version thanks.

I've gotten refunds on pre-purchases from GMG before. Not sure if it's different for Epic keys.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Eh I was waiting on the steam release anyway but it really sucks for those who want to jump right in. Fuck EGS.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off. Next time don't make it exclusive.

They already got paid I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.