• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balls

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Be safe my brothers & sisters. History has a way of repeating itself. Anti-Chinese sentiment is rapidly on the rise in the west possibly leading to another yellow peril 2.0. Wouldn't surprise me if we have another Vincent Chin case cause there some crazy motherfuckers out there. As someone who has family in both China & Hong Kong fuck those using my people to spread your blatant sinophobia cause let's be real, tons of people don't actually give a fuck about the people, and are just using the whole situation to push their anti-china agenda. This is less about the people and more about being bothered by China directly challenging the western hegemony. And lastly, don't ever let someone make you feel bad or shame you about your Chinese heritage. The CCP doesn't define our culture and if anyone has an issue with you being Chinese that's on them. Embrace your Chinese heritage just as you would embrace being American, Canadian, Australian etc. Peace skeet and love.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think many people are outraged at the politics at play and the human story. Bad people will jump in and use it all as an excuse for racism.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
maybe its because china is commiting genocide and using its power to censor people who are against the regime or maybe its the surveillance state. maybe its brainwashings its people to start shit in other countries in the name of china.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sad thing about these propaganda threads is its impossible to know if the OP truly believes it.

Forced oppression and censorship by China will do that to a population.

FREE HONG KONG!

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I concur with some points by the OP. It has been a problem on this forum and the old one for a long time. A lot of posters don't actually care about the issues and threads become an excuse to say just who can shout 'Fuck China' the loudest.

At the same time, while the level of discourse in OT can be better, I don't see much wrong in the recent threads. There are a lot of things happening at the same time.

Oct 25, 2017
Be safe my brothers & sisters. History has a way of repeating itself. Anti-Chinese sentiment is rapidly on the rise in the west possibly leading to another yellow peril 2.0. Wouldn't surprise me if we have another Vincent Chin case cause there some crazy motherfuckers out there. As someone who has family in both China & Hong Kong fuck those using my people to spread your blatant sinophobia cause let's be real, tons of people don't actually give a fuck about the people, and are just using the whole situation to push their anti-china agenda. This is less about the people and more about being bothered by China directly challenging the western hegemony. And lastly, don't ever let someone make you feel bad or shame you about your Chinese heritage. The CCP doesn't define our culture and if anyone has an issue with you being Chinese that's on them. Embrace your Chinese heritage just as you would embrace being American, Canadian, Australian etc. Peace skeet and love.
I certainly agree with you on the bolded

The other stuff though, I'm not sure if i'm with you. You may just need to take a break from the internet or here for a bit. Most of the anti-Chinese sentiment seems to do with human rights violations and mostly from those on the left, at least on here. If you start seeing people advocating violence or starting on that "THEY TOOK OUR JOBS" BS then you should call that out.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
So the Israeli defense then, to prevent both external criticism and self-criticism?

Meh

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I feel like there's a nugget of truth there, because yes, people with an inherent sinophobia will love to use this.
At the same time, making a thread like this while not even acknowledging the horrors that are taking place at the moment... reaaaally bad look.

EDIT: Just to clarify: Nugget of truth as in "what you're saying is accurate for some people". I disagree that "tons of people" don't actually care about stuff like literal concentration camps and organ harvesting.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's a massive difference between criticizing the CCP's horrific government and sinophobia.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
giphy.gif

FREE HONG KONG!

TheMilkman

Banned
Aug 30, 2019
China seems to be the only issue that has united America in righteous condemnation

This probably won't end well for Chinese peoples

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a troll thread?
Hating the Chinese Government is not the same as hating Chinese people.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel you, partially, but is it anti-Chinese sentiment, or pro Hong Kong democracy? I mean, I can say "Fuck China", just like I say "Fuck America" (all the goddamn time), as a liberal. I mean China has fucking concentration camps for the Uyghurs, taking BODY parts and organs. Fuck the Chinese government.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
I...just haven't seen any of that anti-Chinese people sentiment anywhere, in real life or on the Internet. Is there non-hillbilly racist sinophobia for real out there publicly?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Pushing back against the encroachment of CCP propaganda, censorship, enthnic cleansing, forced re-education internment camps, prisoner organ harvesting, territorial claims etc within and beyond their own borders should not be construed as "anti-chinese" sentiment.

At the same time people should most definitely not paint all regular chinese and ethnically chinese people as some sort of monolithic arm of the CCP- that becomes racial profiling and is inherently bigoted/racist. Funnily enough, those who abide by and propagate CCP propaganda in the west from positions of influence are seldom chinese themselves- I am talking about MNCs.

Finally, I am seeing a disturbing amount of lack of nuanced posts in places like Imgur that are combining the struggles of HK residents and their movements with alt-right symbolism. It may soon become a greater mess altogether.

Oct 28, 2017
Literally no one is criticizing Chinese people.

The Chinese government are a pox on the planet.

See how different those two things are?

OP
OP

Balls

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is this a troll thread?
Keep telling yourself that bud. You got weirdos on this very forum advocating for a complete ban of Chinese international students. Fucking kids wanting a better education. But I guess they don't count as "people" to you? Whose to say y'all won't be advocating to ban ANY person of Chinese ethnicity regardless if they were born in the west.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Is this a troll thread?

Yeah, but propaganda 101 tells you to tie your regime to your culture directly, while saying it's not about you, it's about your heritage. Using something that's true (the history of China, it's people, and the undisputable fact that it's culture is robust and wonderful), saying it's not about your government (it's not about the CCP), but it is about what your leader I MEAN government is doing (challenging the other I MEAN the western hegemony).

Trashing a person of Chinese descent/heritage isn't the same as challenging an authoritarian I MEAN communist regime that's guilty of the same crimes as lots of other regimes, the US included.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
This is now becoming a deflection tactic so that people look away from China's atrocities.

People are supporting Hong Kong protestors and also voicing their issue with the facism being displayed by the Chinese government. Any person with morals should be against China right now.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
last i checked, most decent people aren't embracing being american at the moment. what with the concentration camps and abandoning of allies and what not.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Keep telling yourself that bud. You got weirdos on this very forum advocating for a complete ban of Chinese international students. Fucking kids wanting a better education. But I guess they don't count as "people" to you? Whose to say y'all won't be advocating to ban ANY person of Chinese ethnicity regardless if they were born in the west.

Fuck those kids wanting a better education if they target people talking about Taiwan and otherwise try to step on others opinions/civil rights.

Fuck stealing organs from prisoners too.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Some flippant responses here but there's truth to what the OP says. Some people, not all, can't separate anti-CCP sentiments from Sinophobia. You only need to step into an EGS thread to see that.

When I was going to school in South Carolina, kids would use any international provocation as an excuse to bully me. When there was a collision between a Chinese jet and American radar plane, kids beat me in the bathrooms and called me commie faggot and asked me if I could feel pain.

The OP specifically calls out that the CCP doesn't define our heritage yet it's amazing how people like Bleu jump in with accusations of "paid posting" and people like Wazzy discount the difficulties we face.

Status
Not open for further replies.