• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
My country wasnt able to do that 2 years ago, so in my book, Saturday was a good accomplishment.
Yeah fair play. Hopefully some dominoes in other countries start to fall. It still sucks that not voting for a fascist dictator should be applauded, especially given the narrow margin.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're welcome, and we're sorry for creating the problem in the first place.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Living in Latin America, you can thank us. If you're in the Middle East or Africa, it's business as usual I'm afraid. Starvation in Yemen and innocents murdered in drone strikes. Unfortunately we missed out on our shot to end that. In general foreign policy will not change much going from Trump to Biden.

Neat thing to look forward to maybe in a couple years is, at least the drones will be sent by a woman of black and South Asian origin!

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't do anything, but you're welcome. Not sure if you should really be thanking us for replacing a bad man with a less bad man though.

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
The symbolic victory is definitely nice and bode well for Brazil. Doesn't mean much for South America when Biden is for Plan Colombia, which combats left wing groups in the country much as the US has done in the continent for fifty years.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
US going full on fascist feels like the terminator plot. We've just delayed judgement day we'll keep doing it as long as possible though

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
For better or worst, it's undeniable the influence that the USA has around the world in general and in Latin America in particular. A joke around here is that you guys are more effective in choosing Latin American presidents than your own.

But Saturday you gave everyone hopes that this far-right wave that has haunted the world can be tamed and maybe stoped. In Brazil, where I was (unfortunately?) born and currently live, some small (really small for now) effects can already be felt. Whether this will lead to something more factual two years from now, when my country will have presidential elections, I don't know yet, but as I said, at least since last Saturday, we have a little hope that this desperate feeling that something really valuable is dying in front of us, may indeed be stopped.

And for that, thank you.

(:

Myself being from Brazil, I couldn't agree more! Thank you guys for giving us hope that we can, AND WILL, change our future! Cheers!!

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not worthy of your thanks. Ive failed you senpai. Ohio ended up red. I've no choice but to commit sudoku.

Oct 27, 2017
Never bemoan the US-centric nature of this forum again.

I'm kidding. Seriously, we've taken but one step forward, we have a lot to clean up, and still have the rest of the journey to complete. We will all keep going.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you! More than ever, more people I know voted ever than prior to previous elections.

I kept telling my friends, and myself, that this election was (and likely will be) the most important of my lifetime, and I'm only 26.

Thanks to everyone else on Era who voted!

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not worthy of your thanks. Ive failed you senpai. Ohio ended up red. I've no choice but to commit sudoku.
Meanwhile down South--

But yeah, don't thank us entirely just yet. This is the beginning of a long road of excising away Trumpism from our systems and consciousness, and hopefully swinging the pendulum towards something resembling progressiveness and human decency. We've got a lot of work to do.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just happy I don't have to actively worry about biden being evil or hiring some other evil fuck.

psionotic

May 29, 2019
Biden & Harris being President and Vice President are going to really change how the UK government approach brexit deals before the end of the year. You guys may have saved us from cutting allties from the EU and opening up our markets to the US market, which was a real fear due to food standards & protecting the NHS from US healthcare companies.

That combined with Trump setting the tone for the world, again this new president is gonna make a huge difference the UK government has basically been able to hide behind the disaster that is Trump to distract from their own failures. This is something they will no longer be able to do.

Exactly. the US is still f---ed up in many ways, but now it gets a lot harder for right wing authoritarians to lean on us for political and economic. Trump was a huge Euro-skeptic (to put it mildly), now we're going to have a pro-union government. There will also be no more coddling of Bolsanaro, Duterte, and especially Putin.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I mean... it's good that Trump was voted out but I don't know if we should be thanking the US until we know we won't get another racist madman in 4 years, continued meddling in our countries, wars in the Middle East, and all the other good old Exported Freedom that both Democrats and Republicans have been guilty of.