• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
I can't fucking believe this. I don't even have words. RIP Kobe. I remember watching him play in his rookie season. Legendary player. My god...I can't even begin to comprehend what his family is feeling right now. My heart goes out to everyone personally effected by this tragedy

SpudBud

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The man was one of the best to play the game and his daughter looked to be on her way as well. Just tragic. R I P to everyone aboard.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
kobe pretty much a millenial icon

dude been around forever. he was on moesha

one half of one of the hypest plays in nba history and he's now gone

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
as a spurs fan living in LA, the lakers vs spurs playoffs games were some of my best memories growing up, this shit seems so surreal. RIP Kobe

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RIP everyone that died in that helicopter. Wish their families strength to deal with the loss.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
My tweet out bout Kobe -
Kobe always beat the warriors. Always. They had a 12 game winning streak back in 2012 and warriors looked like they were finally going to break the streak. It was gonna be the coming of age of young steph and Klay. Kobe kept making ridiculous shots like it was nothing. Completely unstoppable.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This just came across my Twitter feed.

EPQBRoCUcAU7t9v
The waterworks just started and won't stop.

Hydra_BE

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Every interviewee about Kobe either has a cracked voice and/or red eyes. That's how you know someone's impact.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
My tweet out bout Kobe -
Kobe always beat the warriors. Always. They had a 12 game winning streak back in 2012 and warriors looked like they were finally going to break the streak. It was gonna be the coming of age of young steph and Klay. Kobe kept making ridiculous shots like it was nothing. Completely unstoppable.

I was at this game. Only time I saw Kobe play live, and it was pretty vintage (still pissed that night being a Warriors fan).

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Hard to understate a loss like this. When you grow watching and really following sports certain athletes are just special and are literally ingrained is part of the era and your life when you grow up. I've been lucky to see some of the best player in history in various sports and 90% of the time you see them in the stands or in the booth after their career is over. He's the first one in the 4 majors that I remember have this happen. The type of shit where you will remember where you were at when you got the text or saw the news or whatever forever :(

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been seeing a lot of comments online saying since the NBA logo could use an update anyway, make it Kobe. I'd be down for that. Put the fadeaway on there.

Oct 29, 2017
My tweet out bout Kobe -

The Kobe game I remember against the Warriors was when he tore his Achilles' tendon.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched this again too. Between today's news and finding out my mom has stage 3 breast cancer. This is one of the worst if not the worst weekend of my life.

Fuck.

Hang on dude. It's all about ups and downs, that's definitely a horrible down so it's going to look up.

Sending you strength.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
I was at this game. Only time I saw Kobe play live, and it was pretty vintage (still pissed that night being a Warriors fan).

Kobe always cruises against the warriors because they were never a threat, but he definitely had to step up a gear that night. As a warriors fan, I hadn't seen too many of his other games, but I saw his greatness that night.

Gigamear

Jun 23, 2018
Its weird to think that we only have so much time in our lives, and that people like this won't come around again until after we die. It's like everyone alive right now just lost something that we won't have in our lifetime.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
What a terrible situation. I don't like basketball at all but Kobe Bryant is the one person that keeps getting mentioned because he's just that good as an athlete an as a person. Rest in peace, sir.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
This has been so surreal to me. All day, like walking around in a cloud. And I hate the fucking Lakers. But I always liked Kobe (and feared him on the court).

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Lamar Odom saying he'd trade his life for Kobe's hit hard, man. I hope he gets through this okay.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
All my friends and family were in shock when we heard the news. Just... can't believe it.

RIP to the legend, his daughter, and the others on the helicopter. This is legit depressing.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
For about 3 years when someone passed I respected I did a tribute illustration of them. It was a way for me to showcase my particular knack for doing stylized illustrated portraits and also try to stay timely and topical in the social media landscape.

About 8 months ago I just stopped doing it completely. Even though I had gotten a few paying gigs and even some love by Adobe for my illustrations, I just got tired of doing them. I had my reasons which I will not bother sharing, but I literally just stopped doing them cold.

I share the above as a tribute to Kobe in addition to the illustration I have done. This tragic news made me "come out of retirement" so to speak. When I say I had no choice but to do a tribute illustration of my man, I do sincerely mean that. I was compelled. I'm being 100% when I say I'm not sure if and when I'll do another for anyone else. But me being such a huge basketball fan, even as a lifelong Knicks fan, my respect and love for KOBE is and always will be absolutely immense. And this tragedy just truly hit me hard.

So with all of that said, here is my tribute illustration of Kobe. Tried to pick an reference photo that I thought was fitting and showed him not as an athlete, but as a fellow human bein

RIP KOBE and the 9 others who lost their lives earlier today.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I still can't process this.
He the one my friends would imitate when playing basketball.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
For about 3 years when someone passed I respected I did a tribute illustration of them. It was a way for me to showcase my particular knack for doing stylized illustrated portraits and also try to stay timely and topical in the social media landscape.

About 8 months ago I just stopped doing it completely. Even though I had gotten a few paying gigs and even some love by Adobe for my illustrations, I just got tired of doing them. I had my reasons which I will not bother sharing, but I literally just stopped doing them cold.

I share the above as a tribute to Kobe in addition to the illustration I have done. This tragic news made me "come out of retirement" so to speak. When I say I had no choice but to do a tribute illustration of my man, I do sincerely mean that. I was compelled. I'm being 100% when I say I'm not sure if and when I'll do another for anyone else. But me being such a huge basketball fan, even as a lifelong Knicks fan, my respect and love for KOBE is and always will be absolutely immense. And this tragedy just truly hit me hard.

So with all of that said, here is my tribute illustration of Kobe. Tried to pick an reference photo that I thought was fitting and showed him not as an athlete, but as a fellow human bein

Beautiful work.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Have his jersey from many years back that miraculously still fits, but now I think I'm going to get it framed and put it up somewhere. For now I have it hanging on a coat hanger from a nail that normally holds a dartboard(that bachelor life) as a temporary solution.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kobe pretty much a millenial icon

dude been around forever. he was on moesha

one half of one of the hypest plays in nba history and he's now gone

From a teen to 22 yrs later, his life is tragically cut short. This really hits home. So much still left to do and so many more to help inspire.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Very talented and heartfelt. Thank you for sharing this.