• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Shocking and tragic. That poor poor family. Really horrible.

I was at a family event when it came up and someone was just like "Kobe Bryant is dead" and... I didn't believe it. Almost nothing had corroborated it at first too, and the tmz site was down with a lot of misinformation. It's not quit the same impact as Michael Jackson, where I really thought the world stood still basically, but it's as close to that as anybody dying suddenly that I can think of in quite some time.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Theres no reason for a female to lie about being sexually assaulted. It's a traumatic experience. Yall are in MMA threads saying Conor McGregor is 100% a rapist and there is 0 proof in that but this has gone through a trial and there was sufficient evidence and suddenly he isn't a rapist? Yeah you can't pick and choose. Cannot believe how many people are enabling rapists. Shocking.

👋👋

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Theres no reason for a female to lie about being sexually assaulted. It's a traumatic experience. Yall are in MMA threads saying Conor McGregor is 100% a rapist and there is 0 proof in that but this has gone through a trial and there was sufficient evidence and suddenly he isn't a rapist? Yeah you can't pick and choose. Cannot believe how many people are enabling rapists. Shocking.

So are you co-signing him saying he's glad a helicopter crash that took the lives of two children happened because it killed Kobe Bryant? or is it now you that's gonna start picking and choosing?

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Won't somebody think of Conor McGregor?!

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn... it's bringing back the same feeling when Ryan Davis passed. I know not remotely similar in terms of what they did.

But when you had someone, even if you never met, you followed them in front of your screen, heard their voice, for years and years and then in the blink of an eye - gone in the most tragic of ways.

I watched Kobe, his interviews, his love of the same thing that I loved for close to twenty years. As a Heat fan, I can safely say I never rooted for him, but you could tell his love and passion for basketball was above almost anyone. This is hitting me worse than any celebrity I can think of - well since Ryan.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you posting this here man. The man and his daughter just died ffs.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Do we really need Hot Take Hanks in this thread to remind us Kobe is a rapist? Like shut the fuck up, it's not the time or place to talk about that. You don't always have to be right.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Time and place, and I say that for everything because I'm sure there are people who could die and many would be happy. I had a friend just make a post on Facebook about what happened a while ago, guy is as liberal as they come so he'd fit in here but I couldn't just let him say whatever because at the end of the day he isn't a great man but Kobe could've been a great dad, husband, teammate and friend. His death likely has millions crying and those closest to him feeling even worse.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018

Mods lock the thread up!! We're enabling rapists in here!! You are one dense motherfucker.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Check my post history and see where I ever said that about Conor. And you are naive if you think there isn't a reason to lie.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

Well if this being a troll account wasn't obvious before, it is now.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's not wrong though. Shocking what happened to his daughter and the rest involved in the crash but he was a rapist.
Enjoy your ban, to dismiss the tragedy of his death, in these circumstances is callous and insensitive, especially towards his family and loved ones.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Whether you think Kobe was a rapist or not, seeing a twitter post from some Z list douchebag comedian trying to get attention praising a helicopter crash that claimed the lives of at least 8 other people (some of them children) because he happened to be on board and thinking "you know he's got a point..." makes you a piece of shit

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
I gotta step out and get some air. I just got off the phone with my brother in CA. A long time family friend has a daughter that went to school with GiGi and they're inconsolable. I really don't know what to say. I can't imagine what his family must be going through. I wish them nothing but strength.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really get into the NBA until a couple years ago and never really watched Kobe play, but this is still hitting me as hard as Robin Williams' death did. Kobe as a person was a name that's always been there, just like Williams was, and now he's unexpectedly gone. Definitely a somber feeling in the air.
thats how i feel about it too. it was the same with that Etika video game guy when he died. you dont really pay attention to certain well known people but theyre there in the background and you get used to them existing around you. and then when they die its like something jolts you awake

ive never been that big into sports but i knew who kobe was and remember him being on the lakers and then he was retired with his family. and prior to this, the last time i heard of him was when he was recently being used as a meme with his daughter Gianna talking about the game they were watching courtside

its just surreal to have it all happen like this. i keep hoping its not true but i know better

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Whether you think Kobe was a rapist or not, seeing a twitter post from some Z list douchebag comedian trying to get attention praising a helicopter crash that claimed the lives of at least 8 other people (some of them children) because he happened to be on board and thinking "you know he's got a point..." makes you a piece of shit

Real fucking talk.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
i'm a Celtics fan and there is no celeb death that has affected me more.

He came into this breakfast spot I was at in Newport with a friend of mine just a really small hole in the wall Seats maybe 50 people. Me and a friend are drinking coffee waiting for our meal and his Black Land Rover pulls up and him and the family all hop out. I sat there stunned for a good 20 sec but only because he took so long to get the whole family out of the car was I able to say - "The GOAT" he turned and looked at me smiles and said - "Appreciate it" and then said "I'm sorry if your pancakes take a lot longer to arrive".Was pure class and so happy with his whole family. Just tears me up