• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
FYI, be careful people... There's a video of th crash floating around the net...

Someone sent it to me on Facebook and I really didn't need to see this...

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
While I get they're trash for not waiting, their reporting is usually very accurate. I'm not sure banning them will change much to stem the flow of information.

Apparently Kobe's family found out from TMZ. They were in such a rush for a scoop, they didn't even have the dignity to verify whether the family was informed.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
If I'm going to roast at all for a great moment, it's goodbye to a potential Boston Celtics legend.

1083f65012922cfde083b24799e7e04a.jpg

kobegreen.jpg

RIP DJ and Kobe.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
For what exactly? I think they're vultures but not sure if they're breaking the law. Blame the scumbags in their pocket who leaks shit to them because a helicopter crashes and I doubt they had people out there checking it out.

A quick Google tells me the average first responder in the US makes between $35-40k per year. TMZ has reportedly paid up to $80k for Bieber n-word video. I think it sucks and is just all around shitty, but I do not blame those people for taking money like that. TMZ will pay whatever is needed to make people speak.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Ari Schaeffer is a D-level comedian who thrives on any sort of attention. There's nothing newsworthy about him saying abhorrent, stupid bullshit. There's nothing to be gained from "calling him out".

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
This is hitting me harder than any celebrity death so far in my life. I'm not one to cry over people I don't know but I just can't stop
For some reason, it's has hit me harder than any celebrity death too. I haven't cried, but it has hit me harder than any.

I think it's because I started watching him when he was 17 and I was 15 or 16 - from beginning to end. It's rough to think about.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He's not wrong though. Shocking what happened to his daughter and the rest involved in the crash but he was a rapist.
Official Staff Communication
This is a tragic incident, especially in light of his daughters potentially passing. However, Kobe Bryant's sexual assault case is not the subject of this thread. Please stay on topic. Hostility towards other members going off topic will also be moderated. If you think a post is off topic, use the report button and/or the ignore feature.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this ones hitting me like when Robin Williams passed. Just brutal. This is probably even worse because I could at least empathize a bit with Robin. It made a sad type of sense, I guess. But Kobe was just outright taken too young, and with his kid and others? Sad.

For what? They didn't break any laws.

It's not a crime to publish it. It's against pretty much any level of journalistic ethics, but it's not against any laws. If it were, they'd have been sued into oblivion years ago. I wouldn't want to be someone trying to get a Capital J Journalism job with TMZ on my resume, but yeah. Not illegal.

I thought that it was a crime after that plane crash in the 50's when 3 famous singers died in a plane crash, and the wife of one of them suffered a miscarriage after learning that her husband died on the radio

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
Crazy I drove by the area 20 mins after it happen for a hike. Rip to everyone that was on the helicopter.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
I admired Kobe's work ethic and dedication more than his basketball skills. I can't believe I will not get to witness any more of his achievements. RIP.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Well plenty of human scumbags posting garbage takes over this tragedy.

This dude is gonna get his ass beat. People really need to stop thinking they can say whatever they want with no repercussions. Not gonna feel sorry for him when he starts crying about the death threats and deletes his twitter.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was never proof. Keep believing someone just because of their gender though.
Theres no reason for a female to lie about being sexually assaulted. It's a traumatic experience. Yall are in MMA threads saying Conor McGregor is 100% a rapist and there is 0 proof in that but this has gone through a trial and there was sufficient evidence and suddenly he isn't a rapist? Yeah you can't pick and choose. Cannot believe how many people are enabling rapists. Shocking.