• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I don't have a problem with them not releasing any and all information. Ultimately we don't need that. Sheriff seemed like TMZ forced their hands or something. It was bizarre.
Yea, seems like they just wanted to get out ahead of the story and not make TMZ the leaders in this space. That's fine, though it would have been nice if *anything* could have been confirmed. He couldn't confirm identies or even the body count. Just "we think it's nine dead" and "yes, a heli crashed."

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
He's been a known Harry Potter guy for over a decade. 2012 was USA Basketball. 2011 was the last Harry Potter movie release. What a weird thing to get upset about, especially for some other questionable things that have been done and said.
I agree it was a weird thing to be upset about and thankfully the poster getting mad about it backed off.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC, they didn't say that nine are confirmed dead, just that the flight manifest had 9 people and to wait for the coroners to do their job.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
How would they know that the one daughter was on the helicopter if they didn't know the others were not?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
again, for those unfamiliar: this is the model of chopper

largest-fleet-s76-helicopters-aag.jpg

Sikorsky_S76A_i3.jpg

It's a bigass heli and has seating for more than a dozen people. they were going to Kobe's basketball camp.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe it's 4 players and 4 parents.

That might have been the reason that it was reported that it was Kobe and his 4 daughters.

beau_beaumont

Nov 12, 2017
Rest In Peace, mamba. He was a great basketball player, but my favorite story about him was how he learned moonlight sonata by ear to prove to his wife how much he loved her

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Do you have a link to the video you're talking about? I'm seeing a video of a crash as well but just wan't to confirm its the same you're talking about
Just search UAE helicopter on Twitter and you'll see it. It was a copter hitting a guide wire in Dubai. I dont want to link to crashes of any kind. I hope you understand.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Shitting on TMZ because they confirm where celebrities were and when quicker is petty
Sounds like he was shitting on them for broadcasting it before even the families knew. That is unethical and shitty indeed. Congrats, they pay off first responders to get scoops. They should be called out for it. Real easy when they don't have to consider any level of humanity or ethics in their reporting.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies that this is off topic, but the reporter that messed up on air earlier issued an apology and it seems legit. Thought people in this thread might be interested in seeing it just because the other stuff was already in here as well. (I'll not post about that stuff in here after this post.)

sure jan.