• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I apologize if this comes off as insensitive in any way as I'm not at all trying to downplay anyone's death in this matter, but part of me is so especially incredibly sad for this person as well as (apparently?) their child that died in this crash, because they're going to be completely overshadowed by Kobe and his daughter. This person's family is fucking devestated right now and the entire world weeping for Kobe is probably really fucking them up more.

Of course it's natural that things will go like that, not trying to in any way to say people are going about it wrong, but just a sad observation.
It might give them much more space to grieve though. Being in the headlines and it being inescapable everywhere must be it's own layer of nightmare above that which they're already going through.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
RIP to everyone on that helicopter. Just seeing the updates of the other victims is heart wrenching.
He said she was his favorite British person during a tour with USA Basketball and he was a big Harry Potter nerd.
The article is from 2015 commenting on his love for Harry Potter and the JK Rowling comment was from 2012. So while yes, he did at some point say that about her and it was linked in this article, the actual main point and focus was about Harry Potter which is why bringing up a comment from 2012 to imply malicious intent with the original post is ridiculous. When they called the article out I was assuming that it was a recent comment for that time it was published, not 3 years prior.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies that this is off topic, but the reporter that messed up on air earlier issued an apology and it seems legit. Thought people in this thread might be interested in seeing it just because the other stuff was already in here as well. (I'll not post about that stuff in here after this post.)

Not wanting to hijack this tragic thread too much on this story, but I believe she also incorrectly said Bryant was on the Knicks earlier in the broadcast, too.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
Man with his daughter too... Just a few days ago I just saw a clip of them together at a game too. Horrible.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Sherriff called a press conference to confirm nothing, shit on TMZ and answer no questions. lmao not that TMZ doesn't deserve it but wtf

Mar 26, 2018
Does anyone have any insight into what it would actually take to cancel the NBA games? I know some are already playing but there's no way they should be going on. I'm sure contract bullshit is maybe getting in the way? Nobody should be forced to do that.
Too hard for me or other to just ignore and play imo
Apologies that this is off topic, but the reporter that messed up on air earlier issued an apology and it seems legit. Thought people in this thread might be interested in seeing it just because the other stuff was already in here as well. (I'll not post about that stuff in here after this post.)

This was obvious to me and I was annoyed people were jumping the gun and assuming on this. Even if I wasn't sure on what she said... I knew it wasn't the assumption.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
9 people? WTF.. how big was this helicopter?
s-76.jpg

this model. big.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Dude what the actual fuck????

Oh please god let them be wrong about that. I don't know if I could handle there being even more casualties that are kids.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
The tv is on mute at the place I'm at but listening to stuff on the radio. They're saying 9 people died?? I thought it was only 5. How much worse can this be. Who else was on there.