• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still just absolutely bummed.

Just a side note: What does it say about someone as a person to see a thread FILLED with people mourning and sad about another individuals death, and then decide that this is the ABSOLUTE BEST MOMENT to come in and start talking shit about that person? Like, if you were at a funeral would you start talking about the guest of honor being an adulterer? Or would you maybe, you know, hold your tongue? Death threads on this site are just a constant reminder of that Ice T quote: "Social media has made people way too comfortable with the idea of being disrespectful and not being punched in the mouth." (I paraphrased.)

This so much. Certain people just deserve a good smack across the face.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Are private helicopters required to undergo the same type of preventive maintenance or pre flight checks as say, a commercial flight?

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
His family must be going thorough a painful mourning I've personally never lost anyone close in my family I can only imagine the sadness.

Death is always a lesson to appreciate those around us and just be kind to each other.

plain

Oct 27, 2017
Heartbreaking. To lose two family members in a day is tragic. Rest in peace Kobe and Gianna.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
About Kobe Bryant, I remember playing Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside on my Nintendo 64. I was in the hospital and was a big basketball fan at the time (high school) and I remember what a great player he was. I moved on from basketball but I never stopped hearing about all the titles he won.

RIP.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Edit: thought it was trying to bait more things based on recent posts in the thread. Shouldn't have done.

Last edited:

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm talking out of my ass because I don't know the logistics of it, but I'm surprised the games are still being played today.
it would be so hard to cancel the games today, especially the early games

plus it's difficult to gauge whether the players would even *want* them to be cancelled. in situations like these a lot of the time people just want to play through it

Dec 12, 2017
I honestly didn't expect that the loss of Kobe would hit me this hard. I'm not a Lakers fan, but I'm realizing that Kobe was so much bigger than basketball. He was a part of American culture. I've never cried about a celebrity death before.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
it would be so hard to cancel the games today, especially the early games

plus it's difficult to gauge whether the players would even *want* them to be cancelled. in situations like these a lot of the time people just want to play through it

Yeah I figured it just happened too close to them. Though I can't even imagine trying to play with a clear head.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I wish the media wouldn't shove mics and cameras in the faces of people obviously grieving.
And then there are the people who are just trying to get on TV. I was watching CBSN, they were talking to this lady, and this happened:

Lady: "I named my SON, Bryant!"

Reporter: "You named him after Kobe?"

Lady: "No. He's named after the Bryant Park Hotel."

LIKE, COULD YOU JUST NOT? I understand that you wanna see yourself on the magic box, but kids died here. Can you not... do this?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Edit: thought it was trying to bait more things based on recent posts in the thread. Shouldn't have done.

Last edited:

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
How do people even find this sort of content? I'm not attacking you, by the way. I'm just curious how people even dig that sort of thing up.
Someone took a video from the United Arab Emirates of a copter crashing and are tricking people into believing it was Kobe's. It's sick.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't expect that the loss of Kobe would hit me this hard. I'm not a Lakers fan, but I'm realizing that Kobe was so much bigger than basketball. He was a part of American culture. I've never cried about a celebrity death before.
Kids TO THIS DAY - including those who weren't alive during Kobe's peak - will shout "Kobe!" when they attempt to make a shot in basketball (I work in a school district and saw this just last month). He's become ingrained in popular culture to a degree. I know that was a basketball example, but these were just regular kids in P.E..

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Seeing these beautiful photos of the family just kills me. What a horrible, terrible day.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Damn GameCube was first console I owned and very first game I brought was NBA Courtside 2002, because Kobe was on the cover. R.I.P to a real one.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
"Oh hey guys look I just randomly found out JK Rowling was one of his favourite people from a 2015 article, that seems like an apt thing to drop into the thread here that might not stoke things"

Come on dude.

Okay. It's an emotional thread so I'm gonna try and ignore the insanity of what you just posted.

Not even slightly why I posted that. But you do you.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
"Oh hey guys look I just randomly found out JK Rowling was one of his favourite people from a 2015 article, that seems like an apt thing to drop into the thread here that might not stoke things"

Come on dude.
The man died and people want to see the human side of him, the side that wasn't just a basketball player. Come on dude.

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stunned. I'm mostly a casual fan of the NBA but he was one of the greatest players.

You kinda forget how young he was because he was around for so long and started so young.

And to have his daughter die is awful. I can't imagine what his wife is going through. RIP to Kobe, his daughter and the other victims.

I teared up when I saw the start of the Raptors/Spurs game.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And then there are the people who are just trying to get on TV. I was watching CBSN, they were talking to this lady, and this happened:

Lady: "I named my SON, Bryant!"

Reporter: "You named him after Kobe?"

Lady: "No. He's named after the Bryant Park Hotel."

LIKE, COULD YOU JUST NOT? I understand that you wanna see yourself on the magic box, but kids died here. Can you not... do this?

Yeah, but they get less than 5 minutes of forgotten fame while Kobe remains a legend.