• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I'm still just absolutely bummed.

Just a side note: What does it say about someone as a person to see a thread FILLED with people mourning and sad about another individuals death, and then decide that this is the ABSOLUTE BEST MOMENT to come in and start talking shit about that person? Like, if you were at a funeral would you start talking about the guest of honor being an adulterer? Or would you maybe, you know, hold your tongue? Death threads on this site are just a constant reminder of that Ice T quote: "Social media has made people way too comfortable with the idea of being disrespectful and not being punched in the mouth." (I paraphrased.)

Its the anonymity the internet provides. You're not going to get punched in the face saying things online

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I rescinded Sanjuro's ban - it was thought that it was more celebration/trolling regarding the news, but it seems it we misread it.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
RIP...try to live life to the fullest people, you never know. Doesn't matter how much money you have or whatever.

Jan 31, 2018
How do people even find this sort of content? I'm not attacking you, by the way. I'm just curious how people even dig that sort of thing up.

Go on Twitter, click on the trending topic, and then the videos tab. Latest posts works as well.

Thankfully, the video going around seems fake. Still, that's just how social media works. The New Zealand shootings made me stay from twitter and all that for a long time.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the most shocking death news I've ever read online for me. Just see him so often and his age and personality just really resonates with me. Really jaw dropping

One of the last deaths that hit me hard was Nipsey Hustle. I had the terrible thought that came to my mind for someone: what death would REALLY fuck me up in if it happened in the future to someone relatively young who I admire.

Kobe. That was first name that came to mind.

So yeah, shocking is an understatement for me right now.

I haven't ate today or and haven't done a thing that I need to do today since hearing this news. I learned of this news from a random livestream that popped up on YouTube with the title, "Kobe DEAD". And it just so happened that I was browsing interviews with Kobe during the time...

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Man listening to Doc Rivers really fucked me up. It's obvious the players can't focus on the game. Why force them to play? He was in tears talking about how he has to go try and coach his young players. Why impose that on anyone? Fuck.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Um, I'm gonna say the spouses and siblings are going through it the hardest.

But anyone who had petty outstanding, unresolved issues that kept them apart will feel bad about them now, sure. He'll never have an opportunity to make things right again.
Eh I feel like recent interactions had shown Kobe n Shaq were in a healthy place about all that stuff.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This dude posts a gif of Kobe from Kobe Bryant Courtside 64, and gets banned for trolling?

WHAT!?!?
Yeah wtf mods? I get that it's a tense time with Mods trying to prevent"that guy" from shitting up the thread, but posting a gif from a game I'm sure people are very nostalgic for is harmless (unless there's some other context we're missing)