• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why it matters whether the kids were on board or not 4 other people died. Doesn't make the story any more or less tragic

maybe kids dying in a helicopter crash that went up in flames is more horrific, you think? Or maybe that someone's entire family - husband and kids could be gone in an instant is more weight for one person to bear than the alternative?

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Updated article from TMZ's homepage.

Auz9wh8.png

sigh.
Just gut-wrenching.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
TMZ has this now..

12:35 PM PT -- Kobe's daughter Gianna Maria -- aka GiGi -- was also on board the helicopter and died in the crash ... reps for Kobe tell TMZ Sports. She was 13.

We're told they were on their way to the Mamba Academy for a basketball practice when the crash occurred. The Academy is in nearby Thousand Oaks.
Heartbreaking. R.I.P :(

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of the most shocking deaths in entertainment history. People who didn't follow basketball at all knew who Kobe was. People across the globe who don't speak a word of English knew who Kobe was. RIP absolutely devastating. I still can't believe it.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TMZ has this now..

12:35 PM PT -- Kobe's daughter Gianna Maria -- aka GiGi -- was also on board the helicopter and died in the crash ... reps for Kobe tell TMZ Sports. She was 13.

We're told they were on their way to the Mamba Academy for a basketball practice when the crash occurred. The Academy is in nearby Thousand Oaks.
fucking hell

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TMZ has this now..

Was she the one in that video with him?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Bro, I seriously can't believe this is happening...

Imagine being Vanessa right now... Praying for her and his family

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
TMZ has this now..

Fuck, man.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Is it sad someone died? Absolutely. But people should drop the cult of personality.
Its not just about the person that dies that is sad when a celebrity passes. It's the social gatherings and special memories you had built around that celebrity or team that resurface. First thing I thought of was watching the 2000 playoffs with my dad.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
TMZ has this now..

Oh man, unbelievable. RIP

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Boy, ABC/ESPN are really handling this whole situation as poorly as possible. wtf are they doing.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
TMZ has this now..

Please don't let this be right. God damn it.

Oct 27, 2017
That tweet that apparently had good news was deleted. I assume it said no kids died? And then she actually tried to confirm?

RIP to all 5, what a tragedy.

EDIT: just saw the newest update. So sad.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like one of the two was banned, hopefully permanently.

Still no sight on the other though, which is really making me question spending my time here.
You remember when mods were trigger happy on banning people and the community rightfully complained? Let them assess the situation.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The worst part is, they closed the thread to go through reports but both assholes are still unbanned. Fuck this moderation
There are still dozens of reports open for this thread. I understand emotions are high, but you have to give the staff time to work, they are not omnipotent. It takes time to discuss, process, and handle the work that needs to be done.

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any reports of what happened to the helicopter? The LA Times report just said "foggy conditions". Was there a mechanical failure?

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
This is one of the most shocking deaths in entertainment history. People who didn't follow basketball at all knew who Kobe was. The people across the globe who don't speak a word of English knew who Kobe was. RIP absolutely devastating. I still can't believe it.

You're absolutely right. It almost feels like what I imagine Princess Diana's death to have been like.

I'm fucked up right now

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuck, not his daughter too

heartbreaking isn't even enough to describe this

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
I never got to see him play live, but I was about 5 feet away from him when walking behind him into Disneyland last year when he was with some of his family. I was happy just to see him. The GOAT of basketball I don't care what stats anybody brings up. RIP and thanks for all the great memories. The dude was pretty much a god in LA. Still shocked.

ABC7 wont cut the Pro Bowl. What trash!

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
TMZ has this now..

fuck