• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Off-topic posting in a sensitive thread
Are you disputing the fact that he was accused of the rape and his defense team ran a slut-shaming campaign against the accuser to the point where she no long felt safe taking the stand and had to drop the case and settle out of court?
Shh. it's more important that he played a sport that people watch than for the truth to be told.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ABC news special report is saying the other 4 are believed to be his kids... One a newborn...

I'm fucking speechless.

An immense tragedy.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
What a horrible and tragic way for him, hell anyone to die. May he and the other who passed rest in peace and their families find comfort.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
So it's aright to mourn the passing of an accused rapist because he played a children's game well? I'm sorry but I tend to believe accusers.

I've gotten about a dozen "Fuck off" or "Fuck you" responses, but no one saying "No, he wasn't."
He's still a person with a family. One does not invalidate the other.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even a basketball fan. But seeing this thread title made my heart sink. Truly a legend of the sport.

RIP.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Wow. I just heard about it from the SmartNews notification app.

My condolences goes out to his friends & family. R.I.P., Kobe. :(

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Holy shit, what? Just bought his book The Mamba Mentality for my brother the other day, who's a big fan. Gotta message him, he's probably devastated...

May 26, 2018
Still feels unreal. Dude was a pillar of American sports, and not old at all. Was just talking about how women should be give a chance to play in the NBA and everything.
Damn.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This news about Kobe is shocking. If his kids were actually on board it's a hundred times worse.

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
Wtf, this just surreal. Just a few hours ago I was thinking about a video where he jumps over a car. Crazy. RIP.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
So it's aright to mourn the passing of an accused rapist because he played a children's game well? I'm sorry but I tend to believe accusers.

I've gotten about a dozen "Fuck off" or "Fuck you" responses, but no one saying "No, he wasn't."

You know there were 4 people in this helicopter ?
"I tend to believe the accusers" so this means death is deserved ?