• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
DMX suffered a drug overdose Friday night and is currently in the hospital ... and the prognosis is not good.

Sources close to the rapper tell TMZ, the OD occurred at his home at around 11 PM. Our sources say the overdose triggered a heart attack.

DMX was rushed to a hospital in White Plains, New York and is in the critical care unit. We're told he has "some brain activity." Another source says he's in a "vegetative state" and doctors have cautioned he may not make it.
www.tmz.com

DMX's Prognosis 'Not Looking Good,' Little Brain Activity After OD

DMX's chances at survival are looking quite grim.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
This poor guy... Didn't something similar happen rather recently? Man, I hope he manages to get out of this one, but it's sadly not looking good at all.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Trolling a serious thread, prior ban for concern trolling a serious thread
We really made him lose his mind then

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Fuck, was seeming like he was getting things together, at least significantly better than his lows before. Hope he pulls through.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that report from the doctors doesn't inspire confidence in his recovery at all. Hope he pulls through but it seems unlikely

BusterSword

May 10, 2019
Daytona Beach, FL
Damn. This has got me fucked up.
X was a HUGE part of my childhood.
I stole a cd copy of Its Dark and Hell is Hot from my dad in like 1999 and it changed my life.
Really hoping he pulls through but it doesn't sound good.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing dmx as a crackhead was pretty sad. Always shitty seeing someone come from nothing and make it, only to be shattered down the road. Hope he pulls through and cleans up.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This dudes has been deteriorating for years. It'd suck if he went but that description doesn't sound hopeful at all. Bout to throw on some It's Dark and Hell is Hot (goat intro of a hip hop album) to cheer me up.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
TMZ usually hella accurate about these things. Vegetative state means there is nothing to be done and it's just about over. Take care of your bodies, Era.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, hope he pulls through but folks from my childhood keep dropping earlier than they're suppose to :(.

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
I mean aside from the less important fact that this joke doesn't really even make sense this was a disgusting post.

No, it makes a whole lot of sense, just that it's really early for jokes. It took at least a year for Tupac living in Cuba to be funny

Edit: To explain the joke, a famous line from one of his songs is "yall gonna make me lose my mind" and in this story he has "some brain activity"

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
That's messed up. Thought he was on its way to recovery.

Praying for everyone involved, he has a lot of children and many people that depend on him so that's gonna be extra rough. Damn drugs.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, has "some brain activity", that description doesn't sound good at all.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, describing his condition with "some brain activity" doesn't sound good at all.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
He's battled with drugs ever since a teen. Dude is one of the greats, hope he pulls through.