• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ CG Reboot From Nickelodeon & Seth Rogen’s Point Grey Gets Release Date – Update

The CG movie reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Nickelodeon and Point Grey Pictures, will hit theaters August 11, 2023.

EXCLUSIVE: Deadline has learned that Nickelodeon is rebooting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the big screen with Point Grey Pictures' Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and James Weaver producing, and Jeff Rowe (Gravity Falls, Connected) directing. Brendan O'Brian (Neighbors: Sorority Rising, Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates) will write the screenplay. Paramount will be handling global distribution on the film.

The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie reps Nickelodeon Animation Studio's first-ever CG theatrical production, in partnership with Ramsey Naito, EVP, Animation Production and Development, who is overseeing production for Nickelodeon. Josh Fagen is overseeing for Point Grey Pictures.

The last time Point Grey Pictures had produced a CGI movie was "Sausage Party" which had a lot of trouble of overworking their artist (something that is unfortunately common in the field) and lack of proper credits. Hopefully Point Grey and this new Nickelodeon animation studio try to avoid those situations with this film.

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Hmm, I'm rather optimistic about this aside from the potential crunch issues with the animation studio. It's nice to see that it'll be a CG movie and I hope that the casting is on point in terms of who voices the turtles.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Brendan O'Brian (Neighbors: Sorority Rising, Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates) will write the screenplay."

I'm out.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
This could theoretically imply a darker tone for the film. Looking forward to seeing what their designs are and the story angle they take!

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Starved for any TMNT content--I'll stay hopeful for this one.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Seth Rogen laugh coming out of Michelangelo.
angry-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shaking-michelangelo.gif

Canoli316

Jan 19, 2018
Why hasn't the 1987 cartoon been made available on streaming platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, or even Pluto TV? I'm aware that it's available to purchase but subscription services? Are there complicated rights issues?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
This is on top of their existing reboot and the rumored HBOMax live action turtles movie?

What happened that everyone wants to use the turtles ip suddenly?

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Was Rogen's version of Preacher faithful to the tone of those comics? I think that's a bigger indication of what to expect than a Sausage Party or This is The a End

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Open mind, but aside from Rogen who is hit or miss, (but a decent enough human being from all accounts), the other behind it don't inspire high hopes.
The 2007 film was a good movie, so hopefully they can achieve that level. Just be better than BayTurtles

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Why don't they just base it on the IDW comics?
Great story and characters.
It has the violence without being too violent and it has the humour without being too childish.
Its Turtles done just right.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they did a turtles with the art style (but not turtle design) of the new Nickelodeon series RISE, with the IDW comics story line.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I wish they did a turtles with the art style (but not turtle design) of the new Nickelodeon series RISE, with the IDW comics story line.
IMO: the only turtle design I think they'd need to change (if they went this route) is Raphael's
(and Splinter definitely but we're only talking turtles right now)

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
IMO: the only turtle design I think they'd need to change (if they went this route) is Raphael's
(and Splinter definitely but we're only talking turtles right now)

I actually like Raphs, I think the one i liked the least is Leo's. He's my favorite turtle and just not a fan of his new design. I like the other 3 though.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I don't know how you could be starved. There are like 6 series and most of them are good. The last one was what, last year?
There's one animated series running now and a comic series.

The comic series is good.

There hasn't been a video game since the Platinum debacle. The closest we've gotten was the Injustice 2 guest star stuff and that just made the lack of a big TMNT game more painful.

I also heavily recommend the 2012 series. Brilliant.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Did Seth ever acknowledge the terrible working conditions at his animation studio?

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I don't know how you could be starved. There are like 6 series and most of them are good. The last one was what, last year?

The 2012 series felt like a lifetime ago. And while I found the recent show hilarious, I wanted something aimed at older audiences.

There have been no new games, and the comic is about to go on hiatus.