• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Better?

• The Last of Us

Votes: 824 38.1%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 1,341 61.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Haven't played TLOU, but Bloodborne is the #2 game of the Generation for me. I can't imagine it beating that.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne and it ain't even close.

The Last Of Us might win if it was the soundtrack of the two (although Bloodborne is still no slouch there either).

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne is a great video game, one of the best to date.

TLOU is a good video game with arguably the best told story in the medium.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I know people love Bloodborne here, but I certainly didn't expect to see some posts trying to make TLOU out to be just an average game.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
IMO it's TLOU by a country mile.

*Maybe I'm a little bit biased because I hate Souls games.

Last edited:

Popcicle

Unbroken Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
IMO Bloodborne, and it's not even close.

TLOU is a good game that's not in my top 25 of games from the last 10 years.

Bloodborne is in my top 5 games of all time.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
BB is probably the better "pure" game, but I honestly had a hard time pushing myself to play it. I've never gotten terribly far.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne for me. Enjoyed my time with it. I've tried and tried to get into TLOU and it just doesn't click with me.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well obliviously those people are bad and their opinions are bad.

There is a reason TLOU has better critical reception and more awards. The Era bubble is real on this one.

But it is. It has a nice story, characters and visuals. That's it. As a videogame, as in gameplay, it absolutely is mediocre.

The gameplay is arguably the best thing about the game, hence one of the reasons why the MP was so revered and loved.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Bloodborne, no contest. TLOU is a very good cinematic adventure but I have no desire to play it over and over again whereas I have put hundreds of hours in BB. Purely as a game BB is just better.

I honestly hope that TLOU 2 features more complex gameplay but it probably won't.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if BB gets a definitive release. Right now it's too much of a technical mess. I can't go back to playing 30 FPS Souls with poor frame pacing after playing 100+ FPS Souls on PC.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There is a reason TLOU has better critical reception and more awards. The Era bubble is real on this one.
Lol what an argument. Might as well bring up the devs being on record that they were surprised with the criritcal reception because they weren't sure everything came together well in the end.

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gonna disagree there, chief.
The gameplay is arguably the best thing about the game, hence one of the reasons why the MP was so revered and loved.
I just don't like walk and talk sections all that much. And if I see one ladder or plank in TLOU2 I'm immediately uninstalling.
Nah, the gameplay is pretty meh overall.
I wanna know what's so funny.

The same thing happened to me and Bloodborne for over a year, until it clicked.
Because one enemy type is called Clicker.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this is absurd. I love Blooborne. It's my favorite of the Souls games and it does some really cool stuff.

But...

The answer is TLoU. I'm not really sure how that can be earnestly contested. It's a genre defining game. The fact that BB is winning is kind of weirding me out, tbh.

Sep 15, 2019
Bloodborne all the way for me. Absolutely love everything about the game and just hoping we get a sequel in the near future.

Admittedly though I barely got through the opening sequence for Last of Us since it dredged up a bunch of painful memories I'd rather not be reminded of.

Definitely going with the game I wanted to finish and I'm actively working on getting a Platinum for.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just don't like walk and talk sections all that much. And if I see one ladder or plank in TLOU2 I'm immediately uninstalling.
Nah, the gameplay is pretty meh overall.

It's ok to have outlier opinions and a lack of patience. Some people probably think The Godfather or Shawshank Redemption are too slow as well.

At the end of the day, not everything has to be constant shoot shoot bang bang or hack slash hack slash, sometimes it's good to just slow things down and let it breath.

Hell, TLOU does those slow walk and talk moments better than most, since not only are you generally simultaneously scavenging for parts or supplies, but you're also soaking in the atmosphere, art, dialogue and fantastic character building.

I find a lot of people can't look past slower exposition and walking or soft puzzle segments, and others simply aren't very good at the combat, which then skews their notion of the gameplay as a whole.

The actual combat and encounters in TLoU are some of the most satisfying and well designed in the entire third person shooter genre. The controls, gunplay, feedback, level design, fluidity of animations and dynamism of approach options (guns, explosives, traps, stealth, contextual melee, bow, environmental objects, cover system, on the fly crafting etc) are unbelievably competent, polished and rewarding. I can't even take those who say the gameplay is bad in TLoU seriously.

tlouheadshotoviuk.gif

ExpandedKang

Oct 30, 2017
Bloodborne is probably close to my favourite of all time. TLOU is also phenomenal but Bloodborne is one a whole other level.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It's ok to have outlier opinions and a lack of patience. Some people probably think The Godfather or Shawshank Redemption are too slow as well.

At the end of the day, not everything has to be constant shoot shoot bang bang or hack slash hack slash, sometimes it's good to just slow things down and let it breath.

Hell, TLOU does those slow walk and talk moments better than most, since not only are you generally simultaneously scavenging for parts or supplies, but you're also soaking in the atmosphere, art, dialogue and fantastic character building.

I find a lot of people can't look past slower exposition and walking or soft puzzle segments, and others simply aren't very good at the combat, which then skews their notion of the gameplay as a whole.

The actual combat and encounters in TLoU are some of the most satisfying and well designed in the entire third person shooter genre. The controls, gunplay, feedback, level design, fluidity of animations and dynamism of approach options (guns, explosives, traps, stealth, contextual melee, bow, environmental objects, cover system, on the fly crafting etc) are unbelievably competent, polished and rewarding. I can't even take those who say the gameplay is bad in TLoU seriously.

tlouheadshotoviuk.gif
I'm going to ignore most of your condescending post and just say that if someone lacks patience then they wouldn't enjoy Bloodborne either.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to ignore most of your condescending post and just say that if someone lacks patience then they wouldn't enjoy Bloodborne either.

Bloodborne has far less exposition than TLOU, so that isn't necessarily true. When people say games like Bloodborne are more 'gameplay orientated', it's usually because those types of games have less exposition or less emphasis on narrative, characters, dialogue, acting, character building etc.