• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
b4Xo0GE.png

*Record scratch* Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
are there any spoilers? better to avoid?

I think it's better to avoid. There were lots of glimpses of locations I wish I didn't see, also some nice surprises that will probably be better experienced in game lol, but it's not too bad as this will be a small portion to a huge game most likely.

But yeah best to play it safe and avoid.

Jun 23, 2019
Really? The game you fight giant demons is the beach you're willing to die on? Interesting choice there.

It's almost like context and setting don't matter.

Some people don't like games this gory, deal with it. No need to shame them for it.

lol No one is shaming anyone, but last time I checked, TLOU2 didn't have you tearing a chainsaw through a body spurting blood and seeing other gore. Is TLOU2 violent? Yes. Is it the most violent thing we've ever seen? Not even close.

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
Haven't watched the video yet, but I find the posts talking about how the gameplay hasn't evolved enough fairly stupid. You're talking about a fucking third person shooter that's more grounded than most other shooters in general.... What the hell are you expecting? It's also still likely going to be the most dynamic shooter you'll play this gen between all the contextual gameplay, cat and mouse chases, and animations.

Just say you don't like third person shooters in general and be done with it.

But I do love tps. I also loved the stealth parts in Tlou 1 and discovery of the enviroment.

Just because it has better animations for killing people doesnt really make it a better game

I still want it to be as good as TLOU 1.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
The Seattle stuff they showed today does right by my city. Here's one of the details I can publicly pluck out and mention.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Visually it seems pretty darn close to the vertical slice to me but animation wise the blending isn't nearly as smooth and I'm sure obviously there's not nearly as many context sensitive animations on that 2018 level. They're still top tier animations all in all.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Hotline Miami reference was kinda cute but I couldn't help but find it a little too obvious and kinda jarring in a way. Even as someone who considers it their favorite indie game of all time it's odd to me that a game which suggests its violence is there to make you uncomfortable draws parallel to a completely unrelated title that more or less fetishizes it. Conversely I felt the Crash reference in Uncharted 4 was pretty perfectly executed and a wonderful look back at how far ND had come, but I couldn't help but feel a little disconnect with this easter egg. I dunno, just a minor thing. Game looks gorgeous though, the open areas actually impressed me.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The contexual animations with your teammates is the most impressive thing for me so far. They were great in UC4 and they look even better here.
Yeah, I'm excited to see more of that. The 2 we saw today seemed much better than what we would usually get in the first game. If that's the standard for this game, then holy shit is traveling with a companion going to be a blast here in encounters.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This forum is baffling sometimes. I don't understand how this place seems be filled with such a large portion of constant loud concern troll voices.

it's supposed to make you uncomfortable, either you are down for that, or you aren't. Both things are fine, but it's not a crisis that needs fixing because the game makes you feel uneasy.

Thank you.

Ah god damnit, I forgot about this. When does it end so I can watch on YouTube?

It's over, you can go find it on playstations youtube page.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt Naughty Dog already state killing dogs was avoidable?
They did but I'm hoping it's not something that is going to be ridiculously hard to do. If I'm forced to do it I'm hoping it's situations where I can quickly shoot the dog in the head.

I also don't want to kill every person I come across in the game and if I can avoid it I will.

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
Loved it! I think what I'm most excited about is Ellie's new moveset.

This thread surely delivered.

Complains about the fetishization of violence.

People complaining that the violence is too realistic, triggering emotional reactions in them. They just wanted to murder people virtually in peace.

You can't make this shit up.

Right? Plus the "Why do virtual dogs have to suffer?" derail, plus the E3 2018 trailer whining. I'm out.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't give a rat's ass about that dog getting murked. It's not real, people, in case you somehow forgot.
As a pup owner I really did not like that dog being lit on fire..for me, a no doggo kill run is confirmed because fuckkkkkk harming those precious pups.

I mean I felt that bit was obvious when we were watching it in spite of them and fans stating otherwise. Especially since they were also talking about how this was their most responsive game ever. It'd be impossible to have animations THIS context sensitive and specific without something having to be lost in translation when it came to input:

Rendering wise the game is still gorgeous imo.
Buddy pls I don't remember you saying all of the animation in the video was canned and scripted.

I mean if that was real and completed the game would've came out by now.
A vertical slice. All of the animation being a simulation of what they were aiming for? That's something else.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Didnt Naughty Dog already state killing dogs was avoidable?

Yes

www.gamesradar.com

No, The Last of Us 2 still does not make you kill the dogs

You definitely can't pet them, though

While it's true that enemies will use trained dogs to try and track Ellie, Naughty Dog has confirmed in the past that you don't have to kill them. For instance, you could sneak around them, or just run away if they do find you.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Animal cruelty. Sick.

EDIT: before you @ me, I'm not into the graphic depictions of violence against humans either, but unlike the humans, the dogs didn't choose to fight

Double Edit: I get it, you think my values are stupid and inconsistent. Message received. I won't talk about it again on this forum.
A little spoiler for you,they are millions of polygons,crazy but true story.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
lol No one is shaming anyone, but last time I checked, TLOU2 didn't have you tearing a chainsaw through a body spurting blood and seeing other gore. Is TLOU2 violent? Yes. Is it the most violent thing we've ever seen? Not even close.

I was defending the poster that was being kind of shamed for saying the gore in this game was a bit much for him to handle.

Also, as I said, the body you're tearing through with a chainsaw is from a DEMON. If you told me you were tearing through a human and hearing him scream in pain then I would agree with you. But it's harder to detach from what is happening in this game than from what is happening in Doom, is that so hard to understand?

Edit:

mabuJ5F.gif

As has been shared in this thread, this very scene is way harder to watch than you tearing through a demon.

waffleboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
do you think they'll have Doughnut Elie as an unlockable
the emphasis on brutality and emptiness of revenge is reminding me of The Revenant. i dunno if that's a good thing but i want to play it

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020

just because it has better animations for killing ppl dont make it a better game.

For me the best part of tlou 1 was the story and personally I think that the gameplay was more in service of the story than the other way around.

So thats why im mostly excited for 2, to see what they do with the story.

Im not that interested in how many ways I can kill a person honestly.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This is not for me - the graphics look impressive, but if I wanted to experience this story, I'd prefer a book or a movie/show. I don't need this grade of realistic violence with interactivity. Cartoony violence is very different for me and something I never had a problem with, this is where I'm out though.

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
What did you honestly expect? Were you "suprised" that Doom Eternal was another Shooter? Will you be "suprised" when the next Forza has cars in it and you race against other cars?

Some of you people have strange demands of a sequel.

doom eternal has a lot of innovation compared to doom 2016

Not a forza player so cant comment on that.

sorry that I dont find this gameplay super engaging, but thats neither here nor there. I will have to play the game to really judge it on its own merits.