• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
mabuJ5F.gif

Damn, the short delay into initial spasm when she hits the deck.

Oct 29, 2017
This thread surely delivered.

Complains about the fetishization of violence.

People complaining that the violence is too realistic, triggering emotional reactions in them. They just wanted to murder people virtually in peace.

You can't make this shit up.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
already looks like a GOTY contender...looks way more action oriented compared to the first game...

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The contexual animations with your teammates is the most impressive thing for me so far. They were great in UC4 and they look even better here.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
The visceral nature of the violence is really unsettling to me. After the last of us I hope they go back to some lighter themes for a pallet cleanse. Still day one.

pratyush1991

Jan 9, 2020
Some people just want to moan. It was 10 min gameplay walkthrough. Also don't know what people are expecting from gameplay anyway?
She should get access to portal device or use Star wars blasters or use tanks ? Of course gameplay will be similar to first game with smoother animations and more traversing option. But at the core, she will shoot and hide etc just like the first game.

Some of those dodges have incredible animations. This looks absolutely brilliant. I feel sorry for people who let their hatred guide their feeling and will miss out on this.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Humans have free will, dogs are not in the position to make decisions and act loyally accordingly. They are taught and trained to do evil, by guess who? Humans.

If people in this thread can't see the difference in killing an animal vs. a human in this game, I dunno what to tell them. In any event, I will do my best not to kill any of them.
How do you explain clickers/runners/bloaters etc that have even less free will or autonomy over their behaviours due to Cordyceps, yet nobody is up in arms about killing them over the course of 2 game because they're ugly and scary looking vs. dogs that we've become accustomed to through domestication that are cute and fluffy. These people completely lost their humanity, it's tragic but I don't think we should be convincing ourselves that choosing to kill them to survive is much different than killing dogs to survive.

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
Some people just want to moan. It was 10 min gameplay walkthrough. Also don't know what people are expecting from gameplay anyway?
She should get access to portal device or use Star wars blasters or use tanks ? Of course gameplay will be similar to first game with smoother animations and more traversing option. But at the core, she will shoot and hide etc just like the first game.

Some of those dodges have incredible animations. This looks absolutely brilliant. I feel sorry for people who let their hatred guide their feeling and will miss out on this.

I donr want to moan. I wanted to be surprised

This feels like tlou 1.5

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Phew, this one's going to be tough to play for any extended period of time, but still, looking damn impressive.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
You can choose to not kill the dogs. It's an option and you can beat the game without killing a single one if you wish to.
So weird to me that people get hung up on this. You're brutally killing a bunch of humans. Why are we so hung up on the dogs. Oh, and it's a videogame.

Oct 25, 2017
As a pup owner I really did not like that dog being lit on fire..for me, a no doggo kill run is confirmed because fuckkkkkk harming those precious pups.

I mean I felt that bit was obvious when we were watching it in spite of them and fans stating otherwise. Especially since they were also talking about how this was their most responsive game ever. It'd be impossible to have animations THIS context sensitive and specific without something having to be lost in translation when it came to input:

Rendering wise the game is still gorgeous imo.
They haven't shown any corresponding night scenes from the final build, but I don't expect the lighting to reach this quality either. Many of the industrial/residential interiors we have seen seem rather bland, but that's inevitable when you make a huge ass game. I'm sure there will also be many moments punctuated by visual splendor.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched the video yet, but I find the posts talking about how the gameplay hasn't evolved enough fairly stupid. You're talking about a fucking third person shooter that's more grounded than most other shooters in general.... What the hell are you expecting? It's also still likely going to be the most dynamic shooter you'll play this gen between all the contextual gameplay, cat and mouse chases, and animations.

Just say you don't like third person shooters in general and be done with it.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that ghost of tsuhima also looked like complete ass on the youtube compression so let's wait until we see direct feed footage.

Animations did get "downgraded", it's clear that the evolution of animations will come next gen with AI interpolation (like seen in the UE5 demo).

Which is fine. :) The individual animations are still top notch here.

The animation here is above the UE5 demo .
Just like at Ellie moving about or how she killing people .

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Looks really great, love the animation, violence, the immersive gameplay !

Can't wait !

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Look really fun, like the original. But the first time i've heard the dog, i was like this will really cause rumble on the internet....

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I can kill zombie dogs in RE but it's too much in TLOU? Shoot off limbs it ok too. Can't make this stuff up

CanisMajoris

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks insane. Visuals, animation, combat... feels like new bar set on every department, expected from ND of course but this one feels like it'll be special.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Man WHAT is with the iamverysmart posters in here with the "ahuh but killing people is okay???" responses to people who don't like the dog violence?

Remarkably insensitive, really...

No one saw this demo in advance and dozens of posters spontaneously posted objections to the dog violence. I would say it's a pretty genuine response.

People, by definition, don't have any control over their traumatic triggers.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
This forum is baffling sometimes. I don't understand how this place seems be filled with such a large portion of constant loud concern troll voices.

it's supposed to make you uncomfortable, either you are down for that, or you aren't. Both things are fine, but it's not a crisis that needs fixing because the game makes you feel uneasy.

The game looks very impressive, lots of really neat new systems that are going to make the combat and survival scenarios have a more depth and options for approaches. I will be very curious to see how much the dodging mechanic can change encounter outcomes.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
That's a good argument lol

TLOU 2 violence is way above everything in the industry, AC is not even close.
Only MK is comparable, but it is goofy as fuck.
Well, maybe it is good that some games present violence as something disturbing, which is what violence is about? Maybe that way you may think twice before killing someone?
Sometimes the problem in videogames (and movies, anime etc etc) is showing violence as something harmless or 'funny' and normalizing it

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
So glad Sony figured out how to do a good State of Play. 2 in a row now just excellent. Straight into the goods, no taking or fucking around.