• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bruh I also played TLOU1 and loved it. It's not comparable to TLOU2's level of violence and you know it.

Why are people so obtuse about this lol
People are being obtuse about it, because you're criticizing their new shiny thing.

The depiction of gore and violence in this game is beyond anything we've seen in gaming.

Oct 27, 2017
It looks great, but I have a few concerns:

1. The gameplay didn't evolve as much as I thought it would given the 7 years between installments.

2. The first game was dark, but it had little pieces of humanity here and there. Of the footage released so far for TLoU2, I don't see any of that here. Nihilism ande Misery: The Video Game is not necessarily something I want.

I'm sure we'll have moments of respite and repose in this as well.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
So gameplay wise it's pretty much exactly the same as the first game, only with the minor additions of dodging/crawling/going through tight spaces and silencers.

They said in the stream that there are a lot of changes and improvements to weaponry and upgrade system but honestly I don't see them. The crafting and upgrades also look exactly the same as the first game, unless I'm missing something?
This is a sliver of gameplay out of a 30 hour game. They overhauled every one of their gameplay systems from the first game and added new ones, implemented some new AI and animations systems that add a lot of the overall experience. You're not going to see it all in one demonstration.

Oct 27, 2017
i like that they focused on breaking stealth not being an absolute death sentence
also in my headcanon every dog in this game is racist

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Humans have free will, dogs are not in the position to make decisions and act loyally accordingly. They are taught and trained to do evil, by guess who? Humans.

If people in this thread can't see the difference in killing an animal vs. a human in this game, I dunno what to tell them. In any event, I will do my best not to kill any of them.

Depends on your perception of things I suppose, but wild dogs are also dangerous by nature, and though not all would necessarily attack humans, they'll certainly violently maul and slaughter other smaller animals (mice, voles, rabbits, birds etc).

Personally I find it alarming when people see more value in dogs than they do humans. Feels detached to me. Humans are capable of so much more, with so much more intelligence, emotional expression, levels of humanity, kinship, creativity, love, language, arts, crafts and more. We should be able to better relate to humans than we should animals. And it's not like all these people you're killing for survival, are necessarily going to be bad or evil people.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay looked head and shoulder above the first game it's not even close, good god. This's gonna be fucking brutal lol and the lightning is just *chef kiss*

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Someone please explain how spoilery it is and if watching is worth it.
Was gonna watch live but then I remembered how crappy the Ghost one was until on demand, so I postponed it.

MizziPizzi

Feb 14, 2019
Sweden
The people complaining about the gameplay being basically the same as TLOU, what did you expect? They can't introduce power ups, magical weapons etc... and do a complete revamp in the core mechanics just because it's a new entry!

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not typically good at picking this out, but is this factually true, or does it just look like it? I could have sworn some dev called Naughty Dog out on the animation a while ago and got piled on. So maybe that person was right? Again, I can't tell. I don't have an eye for it. I'm going to try to find who tweeted that before...

I'm pretty sure the animations are technically possible so he was wrong if he said they were not technically possible.

But they're just way too expensive financially to actually be that good throughout.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not seeing the crazy difference in animations between this and the E3 demo. Fight near the end of the 2018 demo seemed like a heavily scripted moment.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
I'll wait for DF and Sunhi to see if the animations have actually been downgraded or if people are just seeing downgrades.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
As a pup owner I really did not like that dog being lit on fire..for me, a no doggo kill run is confirmed because fuckkkkkk harming those precious pups.

lol

I'm never gonna trust a single damn early trailer ND puts out again.
I mean I felt that bit was obvious when we were watching it in spite of them and fans stating otherwise. Especially since they were also talking about how this was their most responsive game ever. It'd be impossible to have animations THIS context sensitive and specific without something having to be lost in translation when it came to input:
R8DkMwc.gif

Rendering wise the game is still gorgeous imo.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Giving another shoutout to Ellie's facial expressions as being probably the best i've ever seen in this medium thus far
We need a long cut gif of just her face

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony should advertise PS5 like this.

......................PS5........................
FROM THE MAKERS of TLOUP2

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the infected types we haven't seen yet are some weird, fucked up shit like this concept art, and not just, like, "the bloater but bigger".
TLoU_1.png
I feel like this is one area they might disappoint me in

Id love to see infected animals for variety. The new infected they showed doesnt look impressive. I want infected dogs, gators, even birds. I suppose the game isn't going that route, but it would be cool wouldn't it?

It could always be a case it infecting certain regional creatures or something, since LoU1 makes no mention of it.

May 31, 2018
Neither are choosing to do anything it's a game they don't exist.

This times infinity. Actually 80% of threads could use this reminder.

But yeah, the dog killing...It's kinda like in Chernobyl how they had kittens and puppies look at the camera the same way they do in the Sarah McLoughlin ASPCA ads. These are both perfect representations of the South Park "Scrotie McBugerBalls" episode plot.

DirtyManos

Oct 25, 2017
The fluidity in combat, animations, and visuals look top-notch. Some odd opinions here about quality of what was presented without specifically pointing out what.

Can't wait to play it from what I saw today.

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
You can choose to not kill the dogs. It's an option and you can beat the game without killing a single one if you wish to.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Not seeing the animation downgrade. It looks outstanding.

Also the dogs will be the first thing to go and then the humans.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Horrifying, I can't wait.

Would love it if you can pick up the Vita and play Hotline Miami.

P.S. Vita was the best way to play that game.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man WHAT is with the iamverysmart posters in here with the "ahuh but killing people is okay???" responses to people who don't like the dog violence?