• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I know there is some Issue with the story or something like that and people are pissed.

Prepare for your mind to be blown...

Sony and Nintendo worked out a deal. Mario makes a cross platform appearance in the second half of Part 2. It's basically a backstory pilot for a realistic take on the Mario IP, developed by ND. its separated from the other games within the franchise. It will come to PS5 and NS2 in 2022. Sony will also be licensing their iconic characters for the next SSBM.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York

michael-jordan-new-meme.jpg

lol what's happening here? Playful banter or legit bad blood? I assume the former (hopefully).

Oct 27, 2017
Best way to watch without spoilers potentially? YT in Incognito mode? Or twitch? I never used twitch so perhaps that would be the best bet.

my fear is I watch it on YT and someone their algorithm recommends me videos with spoiler thumbnails. I already had one spoiler (very minor) recommended for me on Instagram after just liking one naughty dog post

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
next thread:

BREAKING, TLOU2 WRITER AND NEIL DRUCKMANN HAVE A FALLOUT ON TWITTER ND IS DOOMED

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Best way to watch without spoilers potentially? YT in Incognito mode? Or twitch? I never used twitch so perhaps that would be the best bet.

my fear is I watch it on YT and someone their algorithm recommends me videos with spoiler thumbnails. I already had one spoiler (very minor) recommended for me on Instagram after just liking one naughty dog post

Twitch hiding the chat should be the best option.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh shit it's one hour earlier than I thought it was! (freaking timezones man!)
I thought I was gonna miss it live because of a meeting, but nope. In like Flynn.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru

What I do is go to the YT link in here when it's live (minutes before it actually starts) so that it's on my YT watch history, then I go to my TV and open the video on its YT app. Of course you need to be logged on both devices (phone/PC and TV) for this to work. Then I go to my YT watch history on my PC (or phone) without looking at recommendations and delete the video from it. If you're watching on your computer yeah, incognito mode seems to be the easiest route.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Really don't know if I should watch or not. Might wait until afterwards to see what the consensus is regarding how much is shown.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
I've rarely increased my enjoyment of games I've gone totally media blackout on. If anything (as long major elements aren't being spoiled) watching game marketing actually increased my enjoyment due to hype and having a better idea of what to expect rather than coming in with unrealistic and unfounded expectations. So will be watching this.

Where to watch
OP
OP
--R

--R

Oct 25, 2017

We are an hour away from the State of Play! Remember to hide the chat to avoid any unwanted spoilers! I personally would recommend Twitch, as Youtube tends to have bitrate problems and it's more delayed compared to the Twitch stream.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
This is one state of play that I'm not hyped for. Not because I don't care about the TLOU but more because I already have this game preordered and already sold on the game. I just want to play it at this point. All being said I'll be watching

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017

We are an hour away from the State of Play! Remember to hide the chat to avoid any unwanted spoilers! I personally would recommend Twitch, as Youtube tends to have bitrate problems and it's more delayed compared to the Twitch stream.

Never use Twitch personally. If I watch from that link you provided will there be Chat I still need to turn off? Doesn't seem to be any options for it in the current window (but that also could be because the stream hasn't started yet),

OP
OP
--R

--R

Oct 25, 2017
Never use Twitch personally. If I watch from that link you provided will there be Chat I still need to turn off? Doesn't seem to be any options for it in the current window (but that also could be because the stream hasn't started yet),

Chat will pop up when the stream starts, so close it if you don't plan to watch fullscreen.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
Chat will pop up when the stream starts, so close it if you don't plan to watch fullscreen.
Appreciate that. I still think there's potential for spoilers though, because people (yes, even in a 5 second window). I might just wait until this is uploaded to YouTube with comments disabled.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Twitch > YouTube, because Twitch remembers that I don't want to see the chat, and Twitch has always had the better quality for me.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
does Twitch have better image quality versus YouTube at the same resolution (4K, 1440p, 1080p)?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
does Twitch have better image quality versus YouTube at the same resolution (4K, 1440p, 1080p)?

YouTube allows higher bitrates so depending on settings streamer hits in then YouTube could look better at equal resolution.

Twitch bitrate wont really go past 1080p, trying to stream in 1440p just looks... bad.