• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I've never seen anyone mention that this game exists, so here's my submission

It's nearly 4 minutes long for no reason. I remember being kinda amazing by this as a kid since most looped way sooner

Oct 25, 2017
Bomberman World had a great one:

Full swag mode: (battle menu)

Sonic Forces is not a good game. But it's menu orchestral scores are amazing:

Main Menu Theme:

flobber

Nov 1, 2019
I'll never forget it...

Yep, the composition and music just really put me In the mood to enter the world and explore. Epic game.

Special mention for a couple of indie gems I've played recently.
Sayonara Wild Hearts (title starts at 0:46)

and Thumper, calm before the storm...

ArmadilloGame

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
How is the gameboy Robocop not here yet?

And no Secret of Mana either? For shame, era. For shame.

Last edited:

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
For my money, the title screen theme for Arkham City is the best piece of orchestral music in any video game. They must have had some money to throw around, cause it sounds FANTASTIC. And when that part at 2:00 kicks in, oh man. So good.

BlueBlaze

Oct 29, 2017
Breath of Fire IV

Dragon Shadow Spell

Both amazing intros. It's too bad we never did get Dragon Shadow Spell in the west.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
p.s.

Not a popular machine in the US, one thing C64 games had were their banging title themes. Which they had to be as they usually played over excessive loading times. :P

These were all composed by Jeroen Tel! "Supremacy" is conceivably a veritable C64 anthem.
Fyyyyyck inject those raw waveforms into my ear canals. That's good shit. The bass that thing is capable of is immense.

Nerfed Llamas

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
The intro to Crazy Taxi actually makes me pause before hitting the start button, cuz' I just gotta sing "ya, ya, ya, ya, yaaaaaaaa" at the top of my lungs before I start trying to make some crazy money...

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
MGS4 had an awesome title that really set the tone for the game and practically spoils the ending in the best way. Still gives me chills all these years later.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed I didn't see this posted, listen to this glorious shit.

I let this play out completely every time I booted the game up.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017

100% this!
Took way too long for someone to post this. No wonder Sony killed Studio Liverpool... :(

Heavensward was fantastic right from the get go. The song is called A Cold Wind. A great rendition of Prelude.

Damn, that's a great title screen / song!
Never saw it because I stopped playing FFXIV before HW released and got back into it when StB was already out...

Every single Phantasy Star title

Oh my god, how could I ever forget that one?
Thanks for reminding me!

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Probably my most favorite
Oh man good shout. Not my fav game ever but I remember the intro menu being hype.

tenor.gif

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Saw Nocturne's first opening on the first page, but the second one is equally good if not better. Just started playing through it again recently, and it's hard not to let it play every time. It's a silver lining for when you die, lmao.

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Love the color blast of this. Couldn't find the exact title screen but this will do

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I know the game isn't very popular, but I always really liked the title screen of Chaos Legion.

Lots of other ones I really like got already posted, so I'm obviously not going to post them again.