• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

variety.com

‘Titans’ Season 3 Casts Jay Lycurgo as Tim Drake

"Titans" Season 3 has cast Jay Lycurgo in the recurring role of Tim Drake.

Live action Tim Drake! Finally!!!!!!

Interesting note

Drake is described as a streetwise kid who's managed to grow up on the toughest streets without losing his indelible belief in heroism. His easy-going demeanor is backed up by a near-genius mind, a natural detective with a perception of detail far beyond his years. Fans of the "Batman" comics will recall that Drake served with Batman as the third Robin.

Lycurgo is next set to appear in a supporting role in Matt Reeves' upcoming feature "The Batman," though if he will be playing Drake in the film as well remains unclear.

EDIT - Oh yes, he's the "I've made a terrible mistake" face painted kid after RBats beats the holy hell out of that one thug.

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tim Drake is a big Batman fanboy, and if they don't get this aspect right, they didn't get Tim Drake right.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah he's not playing Tim Drake in The Batman, he appears to just be one of the face painted street guys Batman beats up

still cool casting, a little weird with Jason still around, can't wait to see how they turn Tim into a brutal hateful murderer like the rest of the cast

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
The show is too packed of Robins at just 3 seasons. So... does it means Jason will be gone? Or instantly back as Red Hood. Again, it is just much development for just a short time.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Really mowing through these Robins on this show, huh? I'll cry with laughter if Damian shows up if there's a season 4.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I love Jay's tweet. "I'm the best detective in Gotham." :3

The show almost gets some of the Batfamily stuff right... and to be completely honest, if it's the only way to see Bruce and his kids in live action, I'll take it. But it does have a lot of missteps with Dick and Jason. Particularly not excited to have Red Hood without Jason dying first. I hope they're better with Tim.

Appreciate the heads up!

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I am so confused. This show is all over the place, but I appreciate that Tim exists even with that strange backstory.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I'm hoping we finally get a Judas Contract adaptation this season

I mean, that HAS to be coming, right? It's the quintessential Titans saga outside of Trigon.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
The-Batman-Crying-Thug-Jay-Lycurgo-Featured.jpg

went from being scared shitless of Batman to working with him