• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The problem again is this is the second time they've botched the season finale. Honestly I don't think they even needed to move the season 1 finale to the opening of season 2.
Half of the S1 finale was reshoots, that's why they moved it to S2. It was basically unusable how they originally had it. Like the whole sealing away Trigon thing, you can tell from Raven's aging that it was shoot like 9 months later.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I disagree about season 1's finale, either the one that actually ended the season or the one that we got to begin season 2.

The one we got to end the season was basically an episode-long dream sequence that really really sucked as a finale. And the whole premise that Batman is going to go overboard by killing the Joker and needs to be put down flies in the face of the massive, massive body count that Dick and his team puts up in either season. Like Deathstroke was killed and he barely batted an eye.

The one we got to begin season 2: I realize it was reworked, but think about all the build up. Raven telepathically woke up Dove to go get Jason Todd because that was going to be super important. We basically get a rehash of what happened at the end of season 1: Gar gets beat up yet again, but this time won't be saved, which drives her to despair. The other Titans did absolutely nothing except get brainwashed. Even Dick, who Rachel intentionally spent like 15 minutes of the episode getting back, did nothing, and when she defeated Trigon everyone snapped back to normal, so what was so special about her connection to Dick?

What kind of internal growth either by Dick or the team defeated Deathstroke? Nothing, although Dick got a new suit and apparently isn't as angry. What kind of internal growth helped them against Conner? They didn't even have a plan besides let Raven's powers save everyone. What kind of growth did all that screentime spent on Hawk and Dove give them?

One thing I did like was the revelation that Raven can manipulate all of them with her powers. But even with that we took a massive detour for no discernible reason (she asked to go with Donna, then runs away and starts her sidequest). And remember why she brought everyone together? It was because she had a premonition Dick was going to die. Well they didn't have to break him out of prison. They sat in the car while Dick fought Deathstroke. So what was the point of that?

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Half of the S1 finale was reshoots, that's why they moved it to S2. It was basically unusable how they originally had it. Like the whole sealing away Trigon thing, you can tell from Raven's aging that it was shoot like 9 months later.
I keep forgetting how much she aged. It would look even more noticeable going back to back like that.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I keep forgetting how much she aged. It would look even more noticeable going back to back like that.
Huh? They literally couldn't air it back to back like that. Half of that episode was filmed months after S1 aired. And they're still shooting when the season airs so they can't move the season back. Like the episode that would've aired if they hadn't moved it would have been much worse.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Holy shit what a trash finale. Donna's death was one of the dumbest I've seen in a while and just straight up disrespectful.
And lol at Deathstroke getting beat in the first like 10 minutes of the episode.
No follow up on Jericho just...living in Rose's head now.
This show has had way too much going on this season and managed to fumble basically all of it.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit what a trash finale. Donna's death was one of the dumbest I've seen in a while and just straight up disrespectful.
And lol at Deathstroke getting beat in the first like 10 minutes of the episode.
This show has had way too much going on this season and managed to fumble basically all of it.
Yep, same thoughts here pretty much. What a complete mess...

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
They need to replace the entire writing staff of this show tbh. The casting and acting has been on point, the costumes are great, the fight choreography, music, cinematography is all good. Show has a lot of things going for it, but it's hampered by some terrible writing.

Deathstroke going out like that was super anticlimactic after an entire season of buildup, and then Donna's death was the most laughable thing I've seen in a long while. If the writers wanted to kill her, they had two perfect opportunities in this episode. Either give Deathstroke one final badass kill, or have Superboy kill her and then have him deal with that in the third season. But instead she dies by a randomly falling street light or whatever the fuck that was. Lol c'mon.

I almost wanna say there's no way that lazy and pointless death was in the original script, and that it has to be the result of some last minute change (WB execs saying Superboy can't kill her or something?). But who knows, this is the second time they botched the finale.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I think they need to cut the team down some. Give hawk n dove their own show, and a superboy show with his mom and krypto too. Keep everyone else, then when jason finally dies, he gets his own show and his own team. Keep the titans only dick, raven, gar, star fire, and rose/jericho. Have cross overs every now and again, but not constant ones. Let each group breathe some.

Like S1, S2 suffers from having way too much going on. It's obvious that they can't handle that much with the current amount of episodes. While i enjoyed S2 a bunch, and am not really bothered by the finale. I really want Titans to find it's stride. They had so many highs this season, but they also had parts that dragged and failed in the ending execution.

That said, legit can't wait for S3. Starfire is the best, and wanna see how she deals with Blackfire.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So like Connor made an emotional connection with Jason and gar this season but neither of them get to be the talk him out of the darkness scene person which is wild on a storytelling level.
Dick is literally just some dude to him.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
Well now, much like the season itself, that was quite a fucking mess. That episode was literally all over the place.

What happened?

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
So like Connor made an emotional connection with Jason and gar this season but neither of them get to be the talk him out of the darkness scene person which is wild on a storytelling level.
Dick is literally just some dude to him.
It could fly in the comics because talking to people and "finding the light" is basically Dick's superpower. Here? Not so much. :/

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah unfortunately I agree with all this. Disappointed :(

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'd love to hear some behind the scenes comments to see if anything happened during the season.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London

Looking back, I actually really like this scene. It's the setting (Dick in prison is fucking stupid) that warped my brain into hating it at first.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

Looking back, I actually really like this scene. It's the setting (Dick in prison is fucking stupid) that warped my brain into hating it at first.

B484437-B-FA3-D-49-F6-8-C15-9-CF930-C28-BFC.jpg

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
Man this season was such a disappointment. The writing is really contrived and on the nose. Agree with everyone who said the finale just made every wrong choice imaginable. Would say it was a let down but the quality has been degrading pretty consistently.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
the decline in quality this season was insane, leading to that garbage fire of a finale. this show needs new writers asap. and what the hell is with beast boy, its been 2 goddamn seasons and he can still only turn into a tiger??

Vullein070

Nov 2, 2019
The Netherlands
You mean he doesn't know? Wow they've done a poor job of conveying that. Why even do it at all then? Feels like a cop out. Especially if it's not even a plot point they talk about during the season.
I think they've done a pretty clear job of that. Every time he's asked about his abilities he just says he can turn into a tiger instead of a tiger and a snake.

But of course, people just assumed that the writers are shitty and that it's a plot hole, instead of assuming that the writers know what they're doing.