• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah both Ravager costumes are so bad lmao

I also prefer the CW one tbh. Titans one is more comic accurate but the CW one is abit more simplistic and fits the live action format more.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I haven't seen the episode yet but I kinda like the Titans Ravager costume. I mean, I don't like the costume in the comics in general (IMHO that wasn't really a bright time for Titans fans when she turned back to her father) but if that's the design you're going for it looks fine to me.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
The Arrow costume at least has the benefit of looking like something an assassin would wear, the Titans one from the shots gives a bit of boob armor impression.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
The finale promo seems to kinda spoil
Donna might die? There's a group shot with her missing and they're all in black suits. Sucks she was one of the better characters.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The finale promo seems to kinda spoil
Donna might die? There's a group shot with her missing and they're all in black suits. Sucks she was one of the better characters.

Raven is not there either and they are not killing raven so that might not mean anything

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Imagine seeing Minka Kelly and Conor Leslie showing up to your house with some sushi 👀

Glad to see Rose's backstory. Jason and his hotdogs got me for a bit. What a doofus. And of course Hank is back on the booger sugar but glad he came back around.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Glad the show is going to end on a stronger note. Was worried there. If they indeed are going to kill off Jason at some point they're doing a good job of making you feel it when it does happen. They keep putting him through a lot of crap. Same for Gar with the amount of mental damage being done to him.

Really looking forward to next week!

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Good episode.

But I hate everything about Gar's storyline. It's just pissing me off to watch.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
its really fucking cool

6KwJsod.gif

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I thought last year had plotting problems because they were changing the finale. So what's their excuse this year?

That Hawk and Dove storyline, from the karaoke to that girl threatening them leading them to break up and somehow driving him back to drugs... like did they just fast track that plot? Was that supposed to be the plot of their show and they just kind of shoehorned it in here? What was the point? It did lead to the best line of the night:

"Stealing and killing... the Titans aren't about that."

Hahahaha. What show is he watching? Kory is still wearing the necklace her boyfriend stole and everyone but maybe Dove has a bodycount like a mile high.

Kory and Raven separate from the others to... do nothing, because exactly like Donna said, Dick can take care of himself? What was the point of that?

I realize that silver hair can be called blonde, but if you're describing someone with silver hair I don't know why you'd ever say blonde, and this is like the second time someone did this to describe Dove.

Also, this show made me realize how vain I really am. Both this season and last season actresses have had terrible wigs, and IMHO when the wigs go away or are under a helmet they look so much better. Like night and day.

Deathstroke's master plan was to have his daughter infiltrate the titans and carefully place a soda bottle, a picture, and a wine bottle to screw with them. Oh and you'll have to sacrifice an eye to make it believable. Also, like magic Batman, magic Deathstroke can do things like know exactly when Jason Todd leaves a room and call the home number of the place they're crashing at.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Man, you can tell the writers love to write for Hank. So much screen time this epsiode. Just give hawk and dove their spinoff.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
This show is less believable than the cartoons. Also pretty sure so far the new Titans have killed way more people than they've saved. It's honestly ridiculous.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
This show is less believable than the cartoons. Also pretty sure so far the new Titans have killed way more people than they've saved. It's honestly ridiculous.

Beast Boy even jokes about how they were basically cooped up by Robin twiddling their thumbs and doing nothing. Which is way better than what happened next... Raven and Starfire bust into a prison with no disguises and cameras everywhere, Rose and Superboy are both caught on camera assaulting police officers, Beast Boy, well, we saw what he just did, Dick is wanted by federal and state authorities on purpose, etc. They also do a terrible job hiding their base and keeping their identities secret.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

I thought I was the only one that noticed that, it's been bothering me.

The kid that has the Hawk costume talks about how great the Titans are and how Hawk is his favourite. But all we've seen so far is them killing people and breaking people out of prison.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Beast Boy even jokes about how they were basically cooped up by Robin twiddling their thumbs and doing nothing. Which is way better than what happened next... Raven and Starfire bust into a prison with no disguises and cameras everywhere, Rose and Superboy are both caught on camera assaulting police officers, Beast Boy, well, we saw what he just did, Dick is wanted by federal and state authorities on purpose, etc. They also do a terrible job hiding their base and keeping their identities secret.
Tbf to the source material their base shouldn't be hidden but it should have some better security. Did Elon Musk make those windows?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I thought I was the only one that noticed that, it's been bothering me.

The kid that has the Hawk costume talks about how great the Titans are and how Hawk is his favourite. But all we've seen so far is them killing people and breaking people out of prison.

Well, he did use the inspiration from Hawk to go rob a laundromat (he says it was a money laundering scheme but that seems dubious). So it makes sense that he worships this iteration of the Titans.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Tbf to the source material their base shouldn't be hidden but it should have some better security. Did Elon Musk make those windows?

They say multiple times this season that they are going out of their way to make sure nobody tails them into the building. I'm not even sure how Mercy found it besides plot convenience. It should absolutely be hidden, considering half the team is wanted by the police.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
They say multiple times this season that they are going out of their way to make sure nobody tails them into the building. I'm not even sure how Mercy found it besides plot convenience. It should absolutely be hidden, considering half the team is wanted by the police.
Titans Tower has always been a giant T shaped building in the middle of SF. The base isn't going to stay hidden once they go public( which is where the Cadmus story is leading).

As far as the two groups who found it this season I don't see an issue. Slade had a person on the inside day one and Cadmus either picked up Eve and got the location or the two dumbest members of the team didn't cover their tracks. So my biggest issue is why a Wayne owned base doesn't have better security.
latest

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Titans Tower has always been a giant T shaped building in the middle of SF. The base isn't going to stay hidden once they go public( which is where the Cadmus story is leading).

As far as the two groups who found it this season I don't see an issue. Slade had a person on the inside day one and Cadmus either picked up Eve and got the location or the two dumbest members of the team didn't cover their tracks. So my biggest issue is why a Wayne owned base doesn't have better security.
latest

I realize the real Titans tower is public and shaped as a big T. But this team isn't public (and neither was the last team). I really don't see how they can be.

Dick Grayson is wanted by the police for something he did intentionally. He not only escaped from prison, he helped other convicted criminals escape. His name is all over the place. I'm not sure how he comes out of this. I guess if nobody knows he's Nightwing. But it's not like he does a great job keeping his identity secret.

Starfire is still (I think) wanted from last season for murdering a police officer. She's also wearing stolen jewelry.

Raven and Starfire just beat up a bunch of prison guards, with no disguises.

Beast Boy just did what he did.

Superboy is on the news beating up police officers.

Ravager is on the news running from police.

This doesn't include all the murdering that is not made public. But oh, hey Batman, if you kill the Joker you're crossing the line.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
FUCCKKK
Donna is probably my favorite character...Fucking sucks if they are really killing her off...

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well, he did use the inspiration from Hawk to go rob a laundromat (he says it was a money laundering scheme but that seems dubious). So it makes sense that he worships this iteration of the Titans.
His follow up line after Hawk tells him he held up the laundromat is great. "Oh, should I have... killed them instead?"

Worst Titans ever. Also, they need to do something about Gar's clothes every time he transforms.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Why have a costume? 90% of this season is costume-less

I was on board this season until that team break-up. The following episodes were filler like. It's like different writers took over.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving all these passive aggressive 'Dick' name drops.

The guy with the fruitcake was hilarious.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving all these passive aggressive 'Dick' name drops.

The guy with the fruitcake was hilarious.
I really enjoyed that scene. It took a few seconds to catch where that was going but then I quickly realized this was likely the guy that made the suit and he knows what happen. Then he pulled out the lighter.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That Slade can take down Amazonians is pretty insane. All the heroes are so weak on Titans compared to the villains.

That was a good episode but unless the next episode is two hours long I don't see it being a remotely satisfying conclusion. Other than Deathstroke and maaaaaybe Cadmus all the other stories are going to continue to next season.

And as far as the Titan who'll die, it's not a surprise. They're the one with no storyline. Either that or killing Deathstroke kills Jericho and he's technically the Titan that falls.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Jericho is dead one way or another, right? It's not like Dick can actually bring him back? Unless Raven does some funky magic I guess.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
That Slade can take down Amazonians is pretty insane. All the heroes are so weak on Titans compared to the villains.

That was a good episode but unless the next episode is two hours long I don't see it being a remotely satisfying conclusion. Other than Deathstroke and maaaaaybe Cadmus all the other stories are going to continue to next season.

And as far as the Titan who'll die, it's not a surprise. They're the one with no storyline. Either that or killing Deathstroke kills Jericho and he's technically the Titan that falls.

Weak? Raven solo'd Trigon without even needing the team.

But yeah, they have to be weak, because they aren't going up against any teams and really the biggest threats to them are each other. Even this last episode will be Deathstroke, maybe Rose and presumably Gar and Superboy vs. the rest of them. If they were traditionally powered and relatively sane, they would need Trigon level threats to threaten a team with Starfire, Donna, Superboy and Raven, and there's just no budget for that.

I guess this team is technically the West Coast Titans, so that at least reconciles in my mind why they suck at this.

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Just caught up, I don't actually think any of the main cast are in danger, I think it will be ravager that pops it, saving Jason. She will be made an honorary titan at the end. However if it were to be anyone else it can only be the speculated character above just because of their lack of story

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
This episode is a big yikes from me.

• Awful pacing. Episode was completely unfocused. Season as a whole was unfocused.
  • Deathstroke as a main villain was underwhelming. Seriously, how do you have Deathstroke as a villain and make him suck.
  • Donna dies for no reason and we're supposed to feel sad about it?
  • No mention of Gar turning into a snake. That whole subplot leads to nowhere. I would have been fine with it all if they'd have at least hinted at CADMUS further improving Gar's abilities.
  • What was up with the Marvel-quipping in that Superboy v Titans fight? If you're going to have it be some tense emotional fight, then do it. Don't play dumb music and throw in shit jokes.

Last edited:

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed the episode, but

The way they killed Donna was lazy and weird and seems like an edit? Nobody plans on THAT. Maybe it was just really poorly executed. This show really is allergic to just having a team together and doing team things. Even how things end I am like come ON. Also Beast Boy just has nothing going for him right now.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that episode was everywhere. Donna's part was..... Weird. Conner was there. He could have done what Donna did and much more easily, and since he was going on about everything being his fault then him stopping the tower would have been better.

Anyways, comic book show rules: no body means not an actual death.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
This season wasn't perfect but it atleast had some build-up and a sense of pathos. That was a really awful finale. So much so that I have no interest in watching a 3rd season if it returns. The show takes episodes to slowly build up all these arcs and stakes and it just yadda yadda's them away. This script seriously felt like a kid during the SAT's who spent 90% of their time constructing a thesis and body paragraphs and just said "fuck it" when it came to the conclusion paragraph. Was there some behind the scene drama with this season( I know a stunt/crew person was hurt) that explains this?Did they just run out of time/budget? At least with season 1 it was obvious why the finale was so disjointed.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
This season wasn't perfect but it atleast had some build-up and a sense of pathos. That was a really awful finale. So much so that I have no interest in watching a 3rd season if it returns. The show takes episodes to slowly build up all these arcs and stakes and it just yadda yadda's them away. This script seriously felt like a kid during the SAT's who spent 90% of their time constructing a thesis and body paragraphs and just said "fuck it" when it came to the conclusion paragraph. Was there some behind the scene drama with this season( I know a stunt/crew person was hurt) that explains this?Did they just run out of time/budget? At least with season 1 it was obvious why the finale was so disjointed.

I feel the exact same way. I think I'm out as well.

Maybe the season one finale was originally as disjointed and rushed as this was, and that was why they moved it back.

I'm also having trouble understanding why anyone in this world sees Titans as heroes. Nothing they've done strikes me as them being symbols of hope.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I feel the exact same way. I think I'm out as well.

Maybe the season one finale was originally as disjointed and rushed as this was, and that was why they moved it back.

I'm also having trouble understanding why anyone in this world sees Titans as heroes. Nothing they've done strikes me as them being symbols of hope.
I'm also really baffled with the shows take on Batman/Bruce Wayne. Season 1 kind of made sense because we never saw him and what we did see was from Dicks very traumatized PoV. Season 2's tough love Adam West Bruce Wayne doesn't make sense. I understand why he'd want Dick to become his own person but why is he just standing by while Beast Boy mauls/kills dozens of people? Batman just letting those people die only makes sense if the Justice League is off planet or he's busy with other stuff.