• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
How is season 2 seen overall?
Also, is Jericho evil then?
Better than season 1 but it's still Titans. The only thing that lets the season down is weird pacing. You'd have one present day episode and things will get intense, then everything slows down for a flashback episode. Individually the episodes are enjoyable but it makes everything feel disjointed.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I thought that episode also... wasn't amazing. How the fuck did Bruce get into Rachel's dreams to get her to go to the diner? That whole sequence was extremely weird. Real life Bruce is even stranger than dream Bruce. Donna is still a nothing character, Drunkfire is bizarre and Hank and Conner are nowhere to be seen.

The Dick stuff was good. At least we get a taste of how this Batman would fight.

The Rose/Jason stuff kind of works, despite the fact that basically this relationship developed over three scenes.

The Garfield stuff is just horribly depressing. We're torturing and experimenting on him in a lab again.

It's also very clear that basically none of these plot lines except maybe Slade will be resolved by season's end.

I'm in the camp that prefers flashback episodes over dream episodes. Hank and Dawn is still probably my favorite episode in the show and I liked both the flashback eps this season. The dream stuff with Dick and Rachel just seem to substitute good storytelling with bizarreness. I feel like the show as a whole has a tendency to just use arthouse cinematography, moody lighting and weirdness to fake more depth than there may be.

Last edited:

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You know there's something wrong with the show when having half the cast interacting in the same room after so long feels weird.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Liked the episode really loving this version of Bruce. Donna is just there. Missed my dude Hank. Drunk Starfire was fun, really liking the chemistry between her and Raven. She's basically raven's big sis. Gar will be interesting. I don't see raven not wiping the floor with him.

I thought that episode also... wasn't amazing. How the fuck did Bruce get into Rachel's dreams to get her to go to the diner? That whole sequence was extremely weird. Real life Bruce is even stranger than dream Bruce. Donna is still a nothing character, Drunkfire is bizarre and Hank and Conner are nowhere to be seen.
I mean, we are operating in a world that has the justice league and people with powers. It's not a stretch that Bruce would be able to get some person to do all that stuff.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So I guess the Titans are pretty much supervillains now

They sure killed a lot of people
794fddb97cfd63da99cf01f314a7f749.gif

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017

Bruce is the goddamn Batman. Everything's possible when you got Bruce money except apparently keep Gar from being a guinea pig.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I love real Bruce being weird and cryptic, and the people who know him (Donna and Dawn) not having it.

Bruce is the goddamn Batman. Everything's possible when you got Bruce money except apparently keep Gar from being a guinea pig.
Yeah... come on Bruce, I know you're trying to respect your son's agency and shit, but at some point you gotta save someone from torture even if it means embarrassing your kid.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
What really is pissing me off is them wasting two seasons to assemble the "Titans" as a team. They've spent two seasons basically on this backstory/set up/everyone's angry BS which should have been resolved in 1 season imo, or maybe 1 season and like 3 full eps. At this rate it'll be season 4 before they are actually a fully assembled "team" working together.

Oh and the damn gargoyle?! Will that ever get resolved!? Will it just be out there killing people and shit?!

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What really is pissing me off is them wasting two seasons to assemble the "Titans" as a team. They've spent two seasons basically on this backstory/set up/everyone's angry BS which should have been resolved in 1 season imo, or maybe 1 season and like 3 full eps. At this rate it'll be season 4 before they are actually a fully assembled "team" working together.
Agreed completely. I'm all out of patience with this show. What a huge missed opportunity and an unmitigated disaster of a show. Just an embarrassing mess all around.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they stay the rest of the show separate and only coming together at some points. Imagine someone shouting "Titan's Go!" at you and you actually do it. Couldn't be me or my Titans!

and I'm very serious

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I hope they eventually form the Brotherhood of Evil. They're half way there already.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna say that it strains credulity that they're still having problems coming together as a team, but the Doom Patrol managed to get their shit together in less than half the time despite having easily twice the personal baggage.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
They're all freaks and targets. They had to stick with eachother or they were dead lol. The only way the could be more bound together is if they were in shackles with eachother.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught up. This was a much better episode then. Fallen was better as well. I guess Atonement really is the low point for me this season. Really enjoyed the Bruce and Dick fight. I guess we really are getting an adaption
of Judas Contract
after all. They threw us off from that idea but this last episode brings it back as a theory.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna say that it strains credulity that they're still having problems coming together as a team, but the Doom Patrol managed to get their shit together in less than half the time despite having easily twice the personal baggage.

When Crazy Jane is able to work with other people better than Donna Troy, you know something's off.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Doom Patrol, they lived with each other for decades. Sans Cyborg. And even being with each other that long, they still had/have major issues they needed to work out. Especially with each other. So it's kinda weird to equate them since this current titans pretty much just met each other.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Doom Patrol, they lived with each other for decades. Sans Cyborg. And even being with each other that long, they still had/have major issues they needed to work out. Especially with each other. So it's kinda weird to equate them since this current titans pretty much just met each other.
I mean, "lived with each other". Cliff was in his room the whole time, Jane is... Jane. Rita and Larry got along alright, but neither of them was exactly superheroic by nature.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, "lived with each other". Cliff was in his room the whole time, Jane is... Jane. Rita and Larry got along alright, but neither of them was exactly superheroic by nature.
Sure but they had interactions with each other. Even when Cliff was in his room, the others came in during that time. The only ones that didn't have any history were Cliff and Jane with each other.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

If Bruce isn't just Trigon or someone else messing with them, I'm not sure how they explain this.

Donna got a call from Raven
Raven saw a vision, then at the bus station figures out the town AND it's the answer to the girl's crossword puzzle
Dawn's check engine light comes on
Starfire sees a commercial, a fake commercial, for donuts that mention the exact kind of donuts that Donna likes and decides to go there. The TV turns on by itself.

Unless Bruce has also taken over the helm of Fate, I'm not sure how that tracks. And nobody asks him about it. And then he just says "go save everyone" and leaves. And then the tv turns on by itself and Dick Grayson is in the news. And the girls have to go save the day.

Then they basically toss around a few guards for a jailbreak, to add to the list of felonies the team has committed, in the open, with no masks on. Which will make it impossible for them to ever be an out-in-the-open superhero team like the Titans have historically been.

But luckily Dick somehow knew they would search for him so found some chalk in his solitary confinement and scribbled a message before he broke himself out.

Also if this isn't Trigon or something else, Dick is legitimately crazy and has no business anywhere near these kids.

BTW, if Rose is a Terra-like mole, they better reveal that she's been drugging them with stupid pills. She's the daughter of Deathstroke, which they find out within minutes of finding her. She's wanted by police and does nothing to disguise herself... like remember Dick convincing her to stay because people were looking for her? Nevermind. Apparently the big reveal that Dick actually saw Jericho bite the big one instead of just finding his body is enough to make everyone quit. Hey, someone's messing with them, it's gotta be Robin and not the daughter of the super villain that hates you and wants revenge on you. At least Terra kind of came out of nowhere.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

It's like Power Girl's you-know-what window, it needs to be out there to distract his enemies.

On a side note, but was I the only one who kind of thought the reason Donna wasn't immediately into Garth was because (contrary to what we saw in season 1) she secretly liked Grayson? Didn't turn out to be true but I swear that's where they seemed to be going.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, the only truly weird thing for Batman to be doing in there is giving Rachel a vision, but hey, maybe he subcontracted Constantine or something.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Tbh, the only truly weird thing for Batman to be doing in there is giving Rachel a vision, but hey, maybe he subcontracted Constantine or something.

He would have had to called Donna's phone with Raven's spoofed number with a recording of Raven's voice.
Had GPS tracking and some kind of kill switch installed on Dove's truck, in addition to somehow willing her into that direction
Hacked into the TVs in whatever random Vegas hotel room Kory was in. Known exactly when she was there and free. Listened into her previous conversation in the van with Donna, and then shot a completely made up commercial featuring the donuts Donna liked, and put it on the TV.
Found a random diner that they could meet at where absolutely nobody goes. Drive himself out there from gotham city. Make sure all of them get there within the same 10 minutes, and that he gets there after they do.
Meanwhile he has no idea (or doesn't care) that one of his former wards is in prison losing his mind, another is breaking into houses with the daughter of an assassin in his backyard, and Gar is captured, though he knows everything else (and he owns Titans tower AND there are cameras everywhere AND he has tracking devices on people). And he doesn't care wherever the heck Hawk wandered off to.

Meanwhile, if he just called everyone on the phone and said "hey, you're needed, this is Batman, come back to the tower" they probably all would've headed over there.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
the cw version looks good in comparison
I think you have forgotten what the CW version looked like. The Titans costume is infinitely better. Head piece always has issues but from the front it at least looks decent. Should have at least gone for the full thing like the CW version though. I'm surprised they didn't go the full head piece cause that's what she has in the comic and the CW version got that right..

Unless you're talking specifically about the helmet then yeah you're right.

Last edited: