• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I was SO excited for that episode, thinking we would get a whole episode of Bruce and Dick interactions, but nope...

Everyone's reluctance to actually talk to an adult (Bruce) is getting annoying. Gar, you seriously had one job! And an exciting one! You get to talk to Batman! (Has Gar even made the connection yet?)
It especially sucks because the original leaks said it was going to be an entire episode about Batman & Robin, having Dick and Bruce flashbacks on top of Jason and Bruce contemporary stuff.
about the time filming happened it leaked that they had to change it(WB blocked full Batman again)
So I was still excited for some interaction with them but then got let down even further.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying this season a lot. That said this episode left me concerned that if we don't have a season 3 then this season is going to feel like a waste. I fear we're not going to get any real pay off with the way things are going.

Was an okay episode. The last several have been better and sometimes a lot better but I got everything they were trying to do. I think I might feel differently about it come next episode. One thing I didn't like and I get why they did it the way they did was
not making it very overt that Jericho was there. I thought it was clear that he was in Slade and then jumped to Dick. You could see Jericho struggling to get control as Slade was actively fighting back. I also suspect he is why Dick attacked the security so he couldn't leave. My issue is because it wasn't very clear people are going to come away from this confused and knock the episode/show.

I guess during a binge this will play better because you can go right into the next episode where this is very likely going to be made clear.

That said I don't agree with having Dick leave again. I'm actually tired of that. If it was just him doing the first thing he did then fine. The next step is what bothers me the most. I get Hank, Dawn, and Donna reacting the way they did. I don't agree with what they did with Jason and Rachel.

If we get a season 3 I think this show needs to trim the cast down. Gar has been wasted this season for the most part. The stuff with Rachel and no one seemingly knowing about it is annoying because I feel there will be no pay off for it if we don't have a season 3. Then it will feel like a waste of time. Same with the Blackfire stuff.

Last edited:

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, that was a terrible episode. It didn't even serve as a build up episode, it was just pure trash filler.

Although the scene with Deathstroke in the chair was fun.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying this season a lot. That said this episode left me concerned that if we don't have a season 3 then this season is going to feel like a waste. I fear we're not going to get any real pay off with the way things are going.

Was an okay episode. The last several have been better and sometimes a lot better but I got everything they were trying to do. I think I might feel differently about it come next episode. One thing I didn't like and I get why they did it the way they did was
not making it very overt that Jericho was there. I thought it was clear that he was in Slade and then jumped to Dick. You could see Jericho struggling to get control as Slade was actively fighting back. I also suspect he is why Dick attacked the security so he couldn't leave. My issue is because it wasn't very clear people are going to come away from this confused and knock the episode/show.

I guess during a binge this will play better because you can go right into the next episode where this is very likely going to be made clear.
I think it was rather obvious Jericho was in Slade. His mom clearly said "THEY might feel differently" and nobody else was in the room but Slade.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, so has Jericho been controlling Slade this whole time or in only brief moments? And, is Slade aware that his son is "alive" and in him?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Alright, so has Jericho been controlling Slade this whole time or in only brief moments? And, is Slade aware that his son is "alive" and in him?
He probably is aware, it seemed like he was fighting back when Dick went to pay him a visit.

I'm not enjoying this season. Already mentioned it, but the plot's all over the place, it feels like the characters accomplished nothing in 8+ episodes, and Deathstroke feels like a step down from both the cartoon version and Manu Bennett. Hopefully they turn things around next season.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Starting to reach CW quality level when it comes to writing. Rather disappointing. Hopefully it gets better.

Anyone else tired of the Titans constantly at odds with one another?

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say again, I'm completely at odds with everyone else. This season has been a step up from Season 1 in just about every way for me. And I really liked S1 to begin with. And we finally have a good live action Deathstroke.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Can your Deathstroke do this?

giphy.gif

Then he isn't the best.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say again, I'm completely at odds with everyone else. This season has been a step up from Season 1 in just about every way for me. And I really liked S1 to begin with. And we finally have a good live action Deathstroke.

You're not the only one. This season has been outstanding from top to bottom and I loved S1.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I feel pretty much the same. It feels like the characters are finally starting to come into their own and I'm liking the expanded cast.

As a disclaimer, I decided against watching the show when it kicked off last year, having heard the negative impressions. After hearing that the show gets better after a shaky few episodes, I decided to take the plunge a couple weeks into the new season. I think the first set is a lot more watchable without waiting week to week - I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

But then, I was never a New Teen Titans fan - nor was I into the cartoon. My Titans has always been the Tim/Cassie/Connor/Bart crew. So I don't have any particular affinity for these characters outside of Dick. Let's be real - the Kory in this show is way more of a character than she's ever been in the comics.

So maybe it's lowered expectations and seeing the show less as an adaptation and more of its own take, but I'm into it.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about this season so far. It definitely has some highlights and Deathstroke is awesome so far but the plot keeps stalling (an issue with the first season too), there's too much emphasis on the Titans 1.0 characters at the expense of the 2.0 ones (extra frustrating to me because they never wear costumes), still doesn't feel like these guys are a team and yet they've broken up again, and too many character stories are siloed away from everyone/everything else. I'm still overall entertained, but I can't help but feel like this show has a level of potential they're just not reaching at the moment.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Yup. I've been loving this season.

Finally got around to watching last week's episode.

Oof Gar. You had one job and you did what The Doom Patrol would do anyways lol. Telling Conner that the city was his sandbox in a videogame was uh.... Not the wisest idea, Gar. I get what you were going for but it didn't work.

Hank and Dove..... That was something deep coming from Hank. He's on borrowed time though. As soon as he gets back to that shit he is donezo.

Dick and Jericho.... It's pretty clear Jericho is still alive and has been trying his hardest to control Slade. Momma didn't say 'they' for no reason.

Kory and her sister, and then she had to kill Faddei :/ That would be something that Blackfire would force Starfire to do. She's got a long road ahead to get back to her home planet.

Donna and Raven was just..... Odd pairing but okay. Raven just ups and disappears.

Jason and Rose ^ nothing after they left together.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, I liked Donna so much more last season, and she's been miserable this season. It's real frustrating to watch someone that consistently grumpy.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Season feels kinda "slow" to me, I dunno.

That said, Slade is amazing and I still want a Deathstroke movie.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
I think the season is a step up from S1. That being said it has still been abit of a clusterfuck. The order at which they tell things is abit off.

This season is getting 13 episodes at least.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah... Not sure I liked the framing of this episode, at least on the Grayson side. He just came off like a massive doofus with this prison stuff.

Especially juxtaposed to those three prisoners dealing with some real deal shit.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I totally forgot this show started again. How has season 2 been so far?
Pretty good. Overall better then season 1 and I liked season 1. Last week's episode wasn't that good especially compared to the last several which were really good. Not sure about this week as I haven't watched yet. That said it does feel like the actual story progression is a lot slower than last season.

In season 1 the characters were always on the move and that made the story feel like it was progressing at a good pace. That is a negative for this season I feel. The individual episodes and stories in them are good but the overall plot and its pacing has suffered in exchange.

Honestly if I had a choice. I would rather have season 1's structure. I would rather have the overall story and its pacing be better and the characters on the move, even if some episodes and character moments weren't that good.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
It kinda seems like they're practically done with the Deathstroke stuff and setting up things for next season (if it even happens). Also how does Dick go to jail and no one bats an eye? Shit should be all over the news considering he's practically Bruce Wayne's adopted son.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
This Dick prison (giggity) arc reminds me of The Flash shit.... It's a weird thing for me to grasp but it is what it is.

Conner and Gar just going along with Mercy but they had no choice. Conner's not fast enough to save both Krypto and Gar while dealing with Mercy and her goons. Krypto is such a good doggo though. I had to go and mess with my husky after watching this episode lol.

Raven is in bad company whether she realizes it or not. It's too obvious that group was waiting on her or somebody dumb enough to fall for their shenanigans. She's going to murder them all.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
People really wanted the titans to be more team-based, so they split them up even more after. Stupid.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
So the blue wing rose for the first time tonight. Decent episode, if a bit slow.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So that episode was... not great. Everyone wanted the flashbacks to be done with but this is what we get without them, oof.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I think the mission of season 2 is to be like The Wire season 2 where it builds everything up for future seasons. Because it went from big focus on Rachel and Dick to almost zero focus on Rachel. Season 3 I hope is finally, okay we are a legit team and we are now on crime fighting adventures and dealing with a more pissed off Deathstroke.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
If I ever ignored life-or-death calls from my friends for weeks and my dad was Batman, I would hope my friends at least give him a call.

It really sucks disliking Dick in this. He's such a likable character, and then we get this...

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
The writing in this episode was so bad. And we are meant to think Dick sending himself to prison was him actually putting himself in some self-imposed hell? It just makes him seem incredibly dumb.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Grayson has been the worst character this season.

The season started off strong but after the flashbacks its just taken a nosedive.

Rachel helping homeless goths looks interesting though lol even if she's pretty much a casual murderer now like the other Titans.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Decent episode.

The introduction Raven's hood and Dick's inspiration for the Nightwing on his new suit were well done.

Although Raven turning into a killer isn't something I was particularly sold on, I'm guessing that was the first hint that her powers are acting on their own, even though she appears to have control.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta wonder what their plan was for this season. Particularly after last, just not enough STUFF happens. You'd think they would at least give people excuses to suit up and fight every now and then, but it feels like, in the shows continuity, this season has lasted like 6 days and most of it was somebody going "hey what's up" and somebody else saying "not now"

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping the whole time that this episode was a misdirect, that he wanted to get arrested and sent to that prison for a certain reason. That the Titans knew they were being played and were just acting dumb. But no, the Titans are just dumb.