• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this season is going out of it's way to not put the OG Titans in costume. I get the narrative reasons why they don't suit up in present day (Dick literally doesn't have a suit and Hawk & Dove have kind of sworn it off), but no reason for that in the past. They seriously went after Deathstroke at his own place and literally busted in through the front door in broad day light in their civvies? Not even tactical gear, just casual clothes? No wonder the bad guys know all their secret identities. Doesn't help that they just let every random person they pick up off the street in to their HQ with no masks on. I swear Jason is the only one who suits up every time it makes sense.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this season is going out of it's way to not put the OG Titans in costume. I get the narrative reasons why they don't suit up in present day (Dick literally doesn't have a suit and Hawk & Dove have kind of sworn it off), but no reason for that in the past. They seriously went after Deathstroke at his own place and literally busted in through the front door in broad day light in their civvies? Not even tactical gear, just casual clothes? No wonder the bad guys know all their secret identities. Doesn't help that they just let every random person they pick up off the street in to their HQ with no masks on. I swear Jason is the only one who suits up every time it makes sense.
That wasn't Deathstroke's place, it was Wintergreens.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Is Deathstroke going to face the entire Titans
Minus Superboy?
Or with Superboy with some prep time

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
This season is all over the place.
Got to agree with this. A lot of what they're doing is still pretty good to watch, but they have five episodes left in this series and they've already started lots of narrative threads that should be progressed or resolved within those five episodes. This is a weird time to be introducing Blackfire.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how its all over the place. It has been focused on Deathstroke and how he intersected with their backstory. Blackfire appearing in what looks likes conversation just means she could be the baddie next season. How about we wait and see before jumping to conclusions.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Episode order has been pretty bad. They'll have a decent episode then pump the brakes to focus on flashbacks. It kills the momentum.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was so pumped for finding out what went down with Jericho and it ended up being one of the weaker episodes of a relatively good season. Bleh

When Deathstroke first appears this season, he looks at himself in the mirror for a while at some point. Maybe Jericho is sharing a body with him, haunting his thoughts. Either that or he really is just dead.
I figured that was what happened. He jumped into Death Stroke's body and walked him out of the cathedral. Otherwise it wouldn't make too much sense for an enraged Death Stroke to not kill Grayson.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I figured that was what happened. He jumped into Death Stroke's body and walked him out of the cathedral. Otherwise it wouldn't make too much sense for an enraged Death Stroke to not kill Grayson.

Yes, probably. And it is a plot from a comic too. It would make sense that Deathstroke retired after that. The only thing that does not make sense is why he is back now with a vengeance.

Oct 25, 2017
Episode order has been pretty bad. They'll have a decent episode then pump the brakes to focus on flashbacks. It kills the momentum.
yeah it's been a problem the only episode it worked with was the Conner (for obvious reasons) but especially in this case going from Jason emotionally broken to the point where he was about to jump off a building and not getting any sort of resolution on that the week after is meh.
I think while some of the individual episodes have been better this season as a whole has been weaker because it lacks any real momentum. A lot of it is not particularly interesting navel-gazing sitting around a large kitchen table

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
That was a fucking great episode. Quick question: How many kids does Slade actually have? I don't remember these 2 mentioned in the Arrowverse.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
Three in the comics. Grant (the original Ravager, unmentioned here), Joey/Jericho, and Rose (different mother from the other two).
980x.gif

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the first season this weekend, and the opener to season 2. How've things been so far, because I like where it seems to be heading.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Connor and Gar were both fantastic. Krypto the best boy as usual.

Jericho is totally in Dick's body

Deleted member 4353

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure Jericho is alive now. anyway fantastic episode, I felt so bad for Gar. Kid was so lonely. Connor and Gar hanging out was fantastic and fun.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I'm definitely glad they gave Gar a spotlight - he's barely been featured outside of him and Jason going into the subway.

Also, I think
Hank is on borrowed time. They already established that Dawn has a sister (who became the new Hawk in the comics, for a time), so it's not like Hawk & Dove are done with his death.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck actually gives a shit about Hank and Dawn. Why do we waste so much screentkms on them? I'd rather know what Jason, Rose, Raven, or Donna were up to.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
That episode was a mixed bag of filler content. What the fuck was up with that Deathstroke scene?

I have no fucking idea what the hell Dick was up to. Confusing.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That episode was a mixed bag of filler content. What the fuck was up with that Deathstroke scene?

I have no fucking idea what the hell Dick was up to. Confusing.

I think the insinuation of that scene was that Jericho was possessing Slade and jumped into Dick. Maybe he's trying to stop Dick from going back to the Titans so Slade doesn't make good on his threat.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck actually gives a shit about Hank and Dawn. Why do we waste so much screentkms on them? I'd rather know what Jason, Rose, Raven, or Donna were up to.
I like Hank and Dawn ):
I'd love for them to get their own TV show. I'd watch the shit out of it.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Another bore of an episode goddamn

Can't believe they're supposedly giving Hawk and Dove their own show. The karaoke scene was painful.

May 10, 2018
Worst episode of the season for me. Random bad karaoke scene and then the woman who threatened them afterward was just comical.

Raven just up and leaves Donna? Well ok.

I know Connor is naive but damn. Right after he wakes up he fucks up.

Then Dick just says fuck it I guess unless that was Jericho.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is out of the loop,
that's "Help Me" in sign language, I believe

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
I don't think Jericho is trying to stop Dick from going back to the Titans. It looks like he jumped from Slade into Dick but didn't have any control. He manages to assume control as Dick is about to board a plane to Greenland, leaving the Titans behind, possibly forever. He uses what is likely a limited about of time to control Dick to get him arrested so he stays in San Francisco, or wherever it was they were.

Edit: Ah, he met Jericho's mom and Slade in Kane, Nevada. So he was at wherever the closest international airport was. Jericho is trying to keep him from running away from it all.

Deleted member 4353

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i loved the karaoke scene. The show needed a chill point because they're going all in after this. I didn't see that hand sign so yeah Jericho is definitely alive and in Dick.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Rachel going with Donna was weird I guess because Kory got her own story.

Bunch of side story rolled into one.

Deleted member 388

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Hawk and Dove, just like the comics, are dragging this down.

But the Jericho hint was really cool

Oct 25, 2017
Despite liking the episode, that episode with the Bruce hallucination just nuked my excitement and priority in watching the following episodes.
I was watching literally the second they went up but I've started last weeks episode 3 separate times and just don't feel like watching past the opening scene with Jericho.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Despite liking the episode, that episode with the Bruce hallucination just nuked my excitement and priority in watching the following episodes.
I was SO excited for that episode, thinking we would get a whole episode of Bruce and Dick interactions, but nope...

Everyone's reluctance to actually talk to an adult (Bruce) is getting annoying. Gar, you seriously had one job! And an exciting one! You get to talk to Batman! (Has Gar even made the connection yet?)

Oct 25, 2017
I was SO excited for that episode, thinking we would get a whole episode of Bruce and Dick interactions, but nope...

Everyone's reluctance to actually talk to an adult (Bruce) is getting annoying. Gar, you seriously had one job! And an exciting one! You get to talk to Batman! (Has Gar even made the connection yet?)
He better have. I know the plots of these shows require the characters to be a bit dumb but not making the Dick/Robin-Bruce/Batman connection would be awful.

Also Dick you left a near Superman tier meta, that you don't know, with Gar who's capabilities include: Losing Robin's and Tiger power. Maybe you really should stop leading the team.

Deleted member 388

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fiancée: Did Gar seriously run away when trouble happened with super boy?

Me: To be fair. He was raised by Doom Patrol.

Fiancée: That makes too much sense.