• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Like the dynamic between Conner and Eve. Not his mom but a character full of questionable morals that wanted to teach Conner how NOT to be like her. Conner's just a kid and he needed someone to look up to.

Krypto was the MVP tho. Such a good doggo!

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Good episode. Gonna be interesting to see how they manage to save Con's life.

In some instances I think removing the bullet casings and shrapnel's laced with kryptonite from a kryptonian's body can save them? I'm not sure if Superboy needs solar radiation to regen tho. How the Titans are going to figure that out is up in the air.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
In some instances I think removing the bullet casings and shrapnel's laced with kryptonite from a kryptonian's body can save them? I'm not sure if Superboy needs solar radiation to regen tho. How the Titans are going to figure that out is up in the air.

Yeah. It's possible that his hybrid DNA means he's less vulnerable to kryptonite than Superman is and all they need to do is just remove it from his body in general.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Another thing I liked is that they showcased the different abilities of Conner. That was cool and refreshing to see how he learned and adapted to his new powers.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Wow Superboy was great.

All of Rebirth went to shit eventually.
Sadly. The best thing was what they did with Superman and even that they went and ruined. From what I could tell everyone was loving Superman and Lois as parents. Jon and Damian as friends and partners getting into trouble. Not ever did it seem like it limited them. Hell Lois was in Batman armor in one of the first arcs protecting Jon. Rebirth was a big reminder why I hate spending money on comics. Sooner or later what I really enjoy and love will be completely undone or stepped all over by someone new coming in and the new thing won't even be remotely as good.

Oct 25, 2017
Another good episode. Conner is definitely cast just right. Looking forward to seeing how they manage to save him next week. Hopefully we get to see Lex on here eventually given how much they're talking about him.

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
The casting for Conner is brilliant, I love that flash of Clark he gives after Jason says "I don't know how to thank you". I also liked how they kept throwing in sections from the Superman theme in Conners music (most noticeable when he's looking at Metropolis at the entrance of Cadmus right before the intro).

Oct 25, 2017
I love that we can have a show now just throw the Daily Planet in the background of a non-Superman show like its nothing.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was an amazing episode. Jason is just so dope. Who the fuck are you?? lool. They better not off Conner, he was great.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused? Wonder Girl? I thought that was Donna Troy? Isn't Wonder Girl a blonde?
Wonder_Woman_186_Coverart.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Did Jason die or are they saving the reveal till later?

Is there going to be a mid-season break?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Best episode this show has had, hands down.

cracked the fuck up @ the difference in musculature between the placeholder actor and the one they got.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Best episode this show has had, hands down.

cracked the fuck up @ the difference in musculature between the placeholder actor and the one they got.

i actually kind of agree. This was definitely the best of the "standalone" Titans episodes, and probably the best episode of the show overall. Which is especially surprising considering barely any of the main cast was even in it.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they decided to focus just on Connor. That's not a knock on the others as I love the entire cast but Connor's setup really needs the proper time to be explained and unfold. So I'm glad they decided to make the entire episode about it before bringing in the other characters.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Where does Krypto come from? If he's lab created that means they had to have access to Kryptonian canine DNA. Is it Superman's Krypto? You'd think he might have noticed that?

Oct 25, 2017
Where does Krypto come from? If he's lab created that means they had to have access to Kryptonian canine DNA. Is it Superman's Krypto? You'd think he might have noticed that?

My guess would be that Krypto's rocket got found by Cadmus in this world rather than by Superman, so he was never outside of the lab since arriving on Earth.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.... I want Red Hood, but that means we get Tim Drake, the scientifically worst Robin.

Can we skip Drake and just go straight to Damian? Or have Red Hood's first kill be Drake? I'd take either.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
This show is weird, feels like a DC anthology series if anything sometimes, but yea this was a great pilot episode

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I love how lex and clark are referred to as Connor's parents. Is that how it normally is? I know in young justice superman is more his older brother.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I love how lex and clark are referred to as Connor's parents. Is that how it normally is? I know in young justice superman is more his older brother.

In comics (and in Young Justice as well) Connor is a clone with dna from both Superman and Luther, so they are technically his fathers, but in reality Clark assumed an older brother role.

Do not confuse Connor with John.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I liked last week's episode more but this one was decent minus Krypto the murder dog and silly writing.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.... I want Red Hood, but that means we get Tim Drake, the scientifically worst Robin.

Can we skip Drake and just go straight to Damian? Or have Red Hood's first kill be Drake? I'd take either.
Nuclear hot bad take tbh. Put some respect on my man Drake's name. The venerable Red Robin.
The Robin with the best individual solo stories.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Nuclear hot bad take tbh. Put some respect on my man Drake's name. The venerable Red Robin.
The Robin with the best individual solo stories.
No, no, he just stole Dr. Mid-Nite's costume, he's not actually that old.

He also stole the name from an Applebee's knockoff, so that's really all you need to know about Tim Drake.

Oct 25, 2017
No, no, he just stole Dr. Mid-Nite's costume, he's not actually that old.

He also stole the name from an Applebee's knockoff, so that's really all you need to know about Tim Drake.
wow I didn't know this was the type of community to mock a hero for having great taste in fast food.

He tried to save you from Superman's exploding son and y'all don't even give him the proper credit, smh

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
My guess would be that Krypto's rocket got found by Cadmus in this world rather than by Superman, so he was never outside of the lab since arriving on Earth.
You'd think Superman would keep an eye out for Kryptonian tech falling to Earth? Hopefully we'll find out because I don't see how Krypto could have been lab created.

Kind of bummed they didn't find Dubilex in the lab.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
In comics (and in Young Justice as well) Connor is a clone with dna from both Superman and Luther, so they are technically his fathers, but in reality Clark assumed an older brother role.

Do not confuse Connor with John.
i know who Jon is. It's just I'm only familiar with connor from young justice. So i wasn't sure how the relationship is in the comics.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
What an awesome episode. Doom Patrol level of quality, hope the shows keeps up this pace. Also the actor playing Conner is excellent.

I love how they so effectively established Lex as a genius without a moral compass and made that into the recurring theme of the episode when it comes to Connor discovering who he is. Some really clever writing here. I really want a spin-off show with Connor and Krypto.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
That was a great episode. Wasnt a big fan of how huge Superboy looked in that teaser last season, but he looked much better in this episode. This is clearly more of Johns Teen Titans Superboy, than the 90s one from Reign of the Supermen, but I still hope to see the leather jacket make an appearance lol.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, that was a great episode. The actor playing Conner is great, even looked a little like Tom Welling in some scenes and I loved how he slowly discovered each power.

Best scenes were where he saves the lady and then robs her and Krypto with the rocket assist. So damn good. Although Krypto doing heat vision just looked wrong.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, they should've reshot that shit because it was immediately noticable the stand in and the actor actually playing Conner weren't the same person.