• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very great episode. Man im disappointed were not gonna see more of Garth. Was that Jericho scene current or past?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
He almost reacted fast enough for the bullet :(

Yeah today's episode was pretty good.

Deathstroke is just that good. I wonder how bad he beat the teams ass tho 😂

Oct 25, 2017
It was short as hell but I can't think of a team fight on any of these comic shows as hype as this was .

I also kinda like how the show just doesn't care if you aren't sure how something happens

*Doctor Light just disappears after a flash*
"Well he has invisibility and flight in the comics, maybe that?"

*Light uses his power on the lasso of truth*
"its a thing in the comics"

*Aqualad taking direct blasts from Doctor Light without injury*
"Atlantean skin!?"

Like its not a big deal but I feel like Flash would immediately stop and have Cisco rationalize each to the audience.

Last edited:

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How did he die? He was just seen taking Dr Light's power
Also, Aquaman survived a grenade launcher to the chest.

I need some consistency here

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Yeah, how does a bullet penetrate his skin? We saw in the Aquaman movie that Arthur is bulletproof and even in the comics he has it as well. I realize it was a .50 cal sniper rifle, but still.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't really care for the episode. I wanted more focus on Donna, but I'm disappointed it was mostly framed around this romance. Which they did not sell me on in a single episode.

Hank and Dawn continue to be the most boring part of the show.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
The window background of San Francisco is noticeably fake. Sunset light yet the background is high noon

Didn't really care for the episode. I wanted more focus on Donna, but I'm disappointed it was mostly framed around this romance. Which they did not sell me on in a single episode.

Hank and Dawn continue to be the most boring part of the show.
I'm just glad this season got a Donna story even though Aqualad romance felt awkward , but the episode needed to kill two birds with one stone. The emotional stake of Aqualad going away, and the turn of the team.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
this was easily one of the worst episodes in the series so far

dialgoue was the most boilerplate romcom nonsense, which was surprising because they usually do ok writing Hawk/Dove, Dove/Dick, Raven/Beast Boy. I'll just chalk it up to the writer not knowing how to do a believable romance AND a meaningful death in the span of an episode.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, Aqualad went out like a bitch. I was expecting some epic shit where DS wrecks them all but decides to make an example out of AL.

Cool suit though and I've been wondering, was he the target or was it Donna? He seemed to step in front of the bullet and DS took another shot.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad this season got a Donna story even though Aqualad romance felt awkward , but the episode needed to kill two birds with one stone. The emotional stake of Aqualad going away, and the turn of the team.
The emotional stake with Aqualad would have been just as strong, if not stronger, if it wasn't framed as a romance. Except for Hank and Dawn, these are people who have known each other since they were 12. That's enough for me to buy how traumatic it is for one of them to die. Especially if it was the first person of their generation. I wish they had focused on that instead of the romance.

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see Donna, Dick and at least Garth in action as 12 year olds next season.

They did pretty good for a first shot at Aqualad, next time they should give either Aqualad the water swords though so they don't have such limited action without turning into a punch and kick guy.

Last edited:

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Aqualad resisted lasers, but bullets were a no-go.
Maybe they were special bullets? If he was going after super powered people, it'd make sense.

Also, so far, this Slade has been more Deadshot than Deathstroke. Unrelated, but the cg sword looked remarkably bad.

Aeon712

May 1, 2018
Weakest episode yet but I think it's because I envisioned that contract was Judas contract and Deathstroke going Ham on titans tower for it to be a single bullet.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people are so surprised a bullet took Garth down when Dr. Light's lasers (which seem to vary wildly in terms of damage inflicted) didn't kill him. One was him actively guarding something and the other was a surprise attack.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean even Jason Todd blocked one of Light's blasts with just his cape.
It definitely hurt him though if you look closely at the Hawk and Dove attack Aqualad is laying there out cold.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean even Jason Todd blocked one of Light's blasts with just his cape.
It definitely hurt him though if you look closely at the Hawk and Dove attack Aqualad is laying there out cold.

Yeah, the sustained energy damage certainly fucked him up, but it's not a huge surprise that a sniper bullet out of literally nowhere was able to hurt him.

The funny part was I was literally waiting for it to happen in every scene he was in with a wide shot. I could just smell it coming and they KEPT using wide shots to throw the scent off.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
With that episode I'm expecting Donna's death or extended absence real soon. Which sucks because she's my favorite character so far.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
With that episode I'm expecting Donna's death or extended absence real soon. Which sucks because she's my favorite character so far.

Why? All the episode happened 5 years ago, she did stay and not went to Themyscira. She is a prominent member in the present. I don't thing the story will be going to a revenge one again (that already happened when the original Titans went after Jericho/Deathstroke).

Plus the actress is credited as regular this season.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the sustained energy damage certainly fucked him up, but it's not a huge surprise that a sniper bullet out of literally nowhere was able to hurt him.

The funny part was I was literally waiting for it to happen in every scene he was in with a wide shot. I could just smell it coming and they KEPT using wide shots to throw the scent off.
I thought he was going to get one through the side of the dome when the sex scene started honest.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people are so surprised a bullet took Garth down when Dr. Light's lasers (which seem to vary wildly in terms of damage inflicted) didn't kill him. One was him actively guarding something and the other was a surprise attack.
If Deathstroke got a contract to kill a metahuman, I'm surprised people wouldn't think that he'd be given bullets special for the job. Or at least have the capacity to do his own research and get the required bullets.

He's a mercenary for hire. It's what he does.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If Deathstroke got a contract to kill a metahuman, I'm surprised people wouldn't think that he'd be given bullets special for the job. Or at least have the capacity to do his own research and get the required bullets.

He's a mercenary for hire. It's what he does.

Hell, he probably asked Black Manta about the best metal to use to kill an Atlantean.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if it was Light who hired him to get back at the Titans.

In the past timeline? I doubt it. It kinda seemed like Slade was already hired to take them down when they first went after Light, and Light didn't really seem like a nemesis of theirs at that point either.

In the present timeline...also nah, since it kinda seems like Slade broke him out of jail. I suppose he could've found a way to pay him from inside jail though.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
In the past timeline? I doubt it. It kinda seemed like Slade was already hired to take them down when they first went after Light, and Light didn't really seem like a nemesis of theirs at that point either.

In the present timeline...also nah, since it kinda seems like Slade broke him out of jail. I suppose he could've found a way to pay him from inside jail though.
Yeah, I don't think anybody hired Slade in the present, he just seems to want revenge for whatever happened 5 years ago (probably Jericho).

But in the past, I have no idea who'd hired him. Jillian might've been his real target though.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't think anybody hired Slade in the present, he just seems to want revenge for whatever happened 5 years ago (probably Jericho).

But in the past, I have no idea who'd hired him. Jillian might've been his real target though.

Yeah, Garth seemed to be collateral damage and not his target at all.

Oct 25, 2017
wnwls70ycsp31.jpg

Doing these with Dick out of costume is almost pointless lol.