• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I do have a random guess that Jason is actually just a red herring and they'll kill off Beast Boy instead.

Like at the moment he's what, de facto tech support? An expensive CGI burden? A clumsy love interest?

I honestly kind of think it'll be one of the older Titans who dies first. PROBABLY Hank, but the show seems to be signposting pretty hard that Hank is going to kind of develop into the trainer for the young Titans after something happens with all the "we have to leave", "but I have to find something I'm good at" talk. Maybe they kill off Dove and Hank loses all will to fight and just winds up hanging out in Titans Tower teaching the younger Titans how to fight.

ESPECIALLY if Dick goes rogue again.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
I am not enjoying this S2 at all. It is giving strong Flash vibe, which I had to drop because it got so damn stupid.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I don't see Hawk and/or Dove dying. Maimed and broken, sure. That's what they know best. Also set photos show them still around.

I think a younger Titan dying makes more sense because then it's a history repeating itself sort of thing and it gives that generation their own trauma. Connor and Rachel aren't dying/can't die, that leaves Jason and a currently underutilized Garfield.

Why does anyone have to die?
c'mon, it's Deathstroke. the Terminator. somebody dying.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see Hawk and/or Dove dying. Maimed and broken, sure. That's what they know best. Also set photos show them still around.

I think a younger Titan dying makes more sense because then it's a history repeating itself sort of thing and it gives that generation their own trauma. Connor and Rachel aren't dying/can't die, that leaves Jason and a currently underutilized Garfield.

c'mon, it's Deathstroke. the Terminator. somebody dying.
Maybe it's Deathstroke who dies 😌

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
...watch the birdie...
Spoilers for Finale

DSK_44_2-3.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I would be pretty surprised if Gar dies. He is the most useless member of the team right now, but he's ALWAYS been the underutilized one of the main four. If it's going to be a young Titan who dies it'll be Jason and if it's an older titan it'll probably be Hank or Dawn. I would be really surprised if they kill off Donna but I also WON'T be surprised if they write her out of the show non-fatally before too long.

Having her AND Connor active at the same time kind of pushes the power scale a bit too high for the show to handle. That being said Conor Leslie is my favorite so I would be really bummed if we lose her.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I would be pretty surprised if Gar dies. He is the most useless member of the team right now, but he's ALWAYS been the underutilized one of the main four. If it's going to be a young Titan who dies it'll be Jason and if it's an older titan it'll probably be Hank or Dawn. I would be really surprised if they kill off Donna but I also WON'T be surprised if they write her out of the show non-fatally before too long.

Having her AND Connor active at the same time kind of pushes the power scale a bit too high for the show to handle. That being said Conor Leslie is my favorite so I would be really bummed if we lose her.
Young Justice is doing right by Garfield so if this show kills him off, whatever. There's already a TV show where's he's doing fine without the Titans.

Wonder Girl hasn't really done much. So far she's had the lightest characterization, she's the least flawed Titan but that also makes her the least interesting. They rushed the origin in the premiere. Also this episode shows she's definitely far slower than in the comics. Basically everyone got nerfed super hard.

I do have to wonder where this show and DP will end up when DCU ends up going under. I guess it'll just be the standard WB subscription service for them at that point?
Doom Patrol S2 is already set to stream on DCU and HBO Max so yeah that would be where the others go.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see Deathstroke killing anyone this time. It is pretty clear that he did it last time (Aqualad) and that dismounted the old Tern. Doing it again would be thematically the same. Plus it would break the team again (I cannot see Dick agreeing to continue to nurture a new team). Also, winning the fight with Deathstroke would be a get over the previous trauma.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Young Justice is doing right by Garfield so if this show kills him off, whatever. There's already a TV show where's he's doing fine without the Titans.

Wonder Girl hasn't really done much. So far she's had the lightest characterization, she's the least flawed Titan but that also makes her the least interesting. They rushed the origin in the premiere. Also this episode shows she's definitely far slower than in the comics. Basically everyone got nerfed super hard.

Doom Patrol S2 is already set to stream on DCU and HBO Max so yeah that would be where the others go.

To be fair to Donna, she was only introduced like three episodes out from the finale last season. They really haven't had much time to explore her character.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I need to see how Deathstroke will survive both Donna and Superboy against him. The Titans are stacked as hell and it'll require Flash levels of buffoonery for them to lose.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I need to see how Deathstroke will survive both Donna and Superboy against him. The Titans are stacked as hell and it'll require Flash levels of buffoonery for them to lose.

This of course assumes Superboy is going to be a Titan immediately. I almost expect Conner to get picked up BY Deathstroke and used as a weapon against them for an episode or two to cancel out Donna.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I finally reach the end of this episode. The fight against Dr. Light was bad, including the blur on Donna and why everyone went to the stadium in their civil clothes and not protected by their costumes.

I didn't like the doctor costume too. The way they fresh up his powers was the only good characterization,

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This of course assumes Superboy is going to be a Titan immediately. I almost expect Conner to get picked up BY Deathstroke and used as a weapon against them for an episode or two to cancel out Donna.
That definitely sounds like something he'd do. Guess things will be more even with Conner on the team once Blackfire shows up, probably next season.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
can definitely see Connor being used by Deathstroke for a spell

Donna's powers are what, slightly increased speed, strength and the lasso? Garfield has only two animals and Starfire can apparently shoot fire for like ten seconds before she runs out of charge. These Titans ain't shit. This is Deathstroke with prep time. They're fucked.

Even Batman got nerfed with old age

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly im worried that
Spoilers from recent set pictures!
Donna dies because she isn't there in the battles they filmed with Nightwing, only
Hawk, Dove, Nightwing, Starfire, Superboy and Ravager were

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Killing Donna would probably create an old "why isn't X showing up" issue with Wonder Woman. At least they have Bruce.

Oct 25, 2017
9ofl2ojcxlo31.png

You know what, I change my mind about Aqualad's suit.
It has has more detail than was initially noticeable,
2fxole9xxlo31.png

he even has toe-shoes as a representation of his barefoot design as 'Tempest' in Rebirth
Tempest_Garth.jpg

Last edited:

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how necessary it was to have an entire episode dedicated to the old team, but I liked it.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that was a great episode.

Kinda disappointed though
I was going to be fine with an expendable Aqualad but dude actually was pretty darn good and feels like a waste now

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Garth :(

Let's go full comic book and have him return to life please. He's too good to be just confined to a flashback episode.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
May be one of the best episodes of the show, which is good and bad since it dealt so little with the actual current team.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Finally caught up with the start of season 2. (Besides today's episode.) Some thoughts:
  • Finally seeing Bruce was so exciting. I still think he's too old, which is weird considering that I'm usually complaining about him being too young. :P
  • Dick built Bruce up to be this huge asshole, but he seemed relatively nice. And smiled a lot! :3
  • My boyfriend is upset that Bruce is a japanophile.
  • Bruce spoils his kids. His son doesn't talk to him for at least a year and he gives him (back) a building in San Francisco five seconds after he comes home?
  • Dick still doesn't feel like Dick unfortunately. I'm still in the honeymoon phase of even getting to see him, Bruce, and a sibling on screen at the same time. But if I'm honest, he doesn't seem anything like the character I love. Where's the light? I get that he was in what's probably his darkest time, but we didn't see it when he was young, so we have nothing to contrast against. Focusing on the character's anger at that point in time feels so weird. I'm not saying he wasn't angry as a kid, but I prefer it to be the undercurrent to his more positive and cheerful attitude. Guess you can argue that he just wasn't thinking back to that, same way we realized he was misrepresenting Bruce in his flashbacks, but I hope we see the other side of it.
  • I want to see Jason interact with Bruce.
  • I get way too happy anytime someone refers to Bruce as Jason or Dick's dad.
  • I love that Donna and Kori are friends now. I was worried with their interaction in the first episode, but I'm glad we skipped to where they are now.
  • A little more interested in Kori's backstory than the other stuff going on. Besides my family interactions, of course.
  • I don't care about Hawk and Dove at all, despite really liking Dove's costume.
  • I continue to like Gar and Rachel, but let's be honest I'm not here for them. :P
I want my Batfamily show and I want it now.

Oct 25, 2017
Since we know Jericho wasn't a founding member now, I hope eventually they just say Wally West ditched them and took over for Barry as the Flash and Roy is in drug addict mode during that time.