• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Nah. It's on DC's own streaming service. It's its own thing. Far better than anything CW has to offer. No filler villain-of-the-week formulaic relationship drama.

If you're not in the US, it's on Netflix.

Funny thing is that one of the main producers of Titans is Greg Berlanti, one of the main creators and writers of the Arrowverse shows. He's also a writer on Titans and producer on Doom Patrol and the upcoming Stargirl.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing is that one of the main producers of Titans is Greg Berlanti, one of the main creators and writers of the Arrowverse shows. He's also a writer on Titans and producer on Doom Patrol and the upcoming Stargirl.
Yeah, the dude seems to have a hand in everything. It's crazy.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Very confused with how the episode unfolded until I read here that this was supposed to be the end of S1, that makes much more sense. It was quite obvious when Raven's hair changed completely that that was shot well after the other stuff.

Good setup for the season new though.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
After this season, it will be easier to list all current superhero shows not made by Berlanti.

Oct 25, 2017
This dang song has been in my head since I watched the episode Friday morning

I wonder if Donna will upgrade suits after Dick becomes Nightwing,
5916074-donna.png

they did such a good job with the classic red
EBUoAJ8U8AAxRiR.jpg

I don't care either way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I think Dick is supposed to be a little younger than his actor. Besides, I don't think Batman took on Dick at 40, more like 30. Iain Glen's pushing 60.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Dick is supposed to be a little younger than his actor. Besides, I don't think Batman took on Dick at 40, more like 30. Iain Glen's pushing 60.

The Haley's Circus accident took place in 2002 according to the first season (making Dick around 28 since I believe he was 12 at the time). Assuming Bruce had been Batman for a couple of years already, that likely puts him at around 20 years of activity. Glen is a little older than Bruce would be, but he's in good shape. I think he's probably playing a late 40s to early 50s Bruce, which would be about the right age from what we know.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The Haley's Circus accident took place in 2002 according to the first season (making Dick around 28 since I believe he was 12 at the time). Assuming Bruce had been Batman for a couple of years already, that likely puts him at around 20 years of activity. Glen is a little older than Bruce would be, but he's in good shape. I think he's probably playing a late 40s to early 50s Bruce, which would be about the right age from what we know.
He's in good shape but definitely couldn't fill out the Batsuit as we saw it in S1. He looks his age, and his age is a guy that's a decade older than he should be. If he were a little younger and had his accent under control he would've been a lot better.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
He definitely won't fill out that Batsuit from S1 because
will have his own suit going by rumors

And hey, our Superboy won't look anything like our teaser either lol

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw that Stargirl has Tigress and Sportsmaster,
My god if they could get Artemis to crossover on this series later.

He definitely won't fill out that Batsuit from S1 because
will have his own suit going by rumors
S1 wasn't a real Batsuit anyway
1xqagrmv68n11.jpg

just a stunt/silhouette suit.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
meh premiere, but given the very weird production history of this episode (which I don't understand the rationale for at all), I'll reserve judgment on this season for a bit. The trailers give me some degree of hope that S2 will lean into what worked in S1 and away from what didn't (mostly its attempts to be a Netflix Marvel show), so we'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
Arrowverse suits aren't that bad
I didn't say they were,its just a lot of leather or basic cloth though
Titans just has the budget to add the extra bells and whistles to sell them. They also can cast a bunch of pieces which Flash can't afford to do for an entire season.

So far Aqualad's suit is the only disappointing suit on Titans and its just because its a bland design
hoho45z22te31.jpg

We will find out very soon if Rose looks half as bad as
latest

arrow2x22_068.jpg

Doubt it.

Last edited:

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
Premiere was pretty good. They pulled off the effects of
Trigon
much better than I thought they would. But it was obvious where they had cut season one early.

It was also funnier than I remember Season 1. Season has so much potential.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So ive seen Doom Patrol (which i thought was great) and am binging season 1 of this now, and it also is suprisingly good, and way more brutal than i thought it would be. I also notice these seem to be directly related to the actual DCU movies in a more official way than say, Gotham or something. Whats the plan here? Do they have some type of DC plan for more shows? It seems the movies basically completely flopped out yet their TV is probably some of the best Superhero stuff out right now.

No major spoilers tho, thanks.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
So ive seen Doom Patrol (which i thought was great) and am binging season 1 of this now, and it also is suprisingly good, and way more brutal than i thought it would be. I also notice these seem to be directly related to the actual DCU movies in a more official way than say, Gotham or something. Whats the plan here? Do they have some type of DC plan for more shows? It seems the movies basically completely flopped out yet their TV is probably some of the best Superhero stuff out right now.

Connected in what way?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

They're not related to the DCEU in anyway. It's just its own thing.

They have more shows coming up. There's a Harley Quinn animated show, Doom Patrol Season 2 and a Star Girl show. The episodes release every week and the plan is to always have a show going on.

Oct 25, 2017
How would you rate the titans suits compared to movie suits?
of the comparable costumes
Dick Grayson's Robin suit on Titans i'd put over the Robin suit we see in BvS.
Movie Aquaman >>> Titans Aqualad
Deathstroke = tie(from what we see)

as far as C-tier characters
Titans Hawk & Dove costumes >>> Suicide Squad Deadshot & Katana >>> BoP Huntress & Canary.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're not related to the DCEU in anyway. It's just its own thing.

They have more shows coming up. There's a Harley Quinn animated show, Doom Patrol Season 2 and a Star Girl show. The episodes release every week and the plan is to always have a show going on.
I mean, it just seemed like it all was.
The shows carry the official DC logo the movies do along with directly referencing the characters involved in the movies. Doom patrol has crossover episode with Titans and it just seemed like they were doing more world building in an 'official' capacity as opposed to having different shows with different licensing for the same characters.

Heh, nevermind if they arent, i actually thought whoever is managing this 'universe' was smarter than they are. Would be way more successful to connect them all.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
The shows carry the official DC logo the movies do along with directly referencing the characters involved in the movies. Doom patrol has crossover episode with Titans and it just seemed like they were doing more world building in an 'official' capacity as opposed to having different shows with different licensing for the same characters.

Heh, nevermind if they arent, i actually thought whoever is managing this 'universe' was smarter than they are. Would be way more successful to connect them all.
Hmmm that logo is pretty much used in all DC media. Exception may be for the CW shows, haven't watched them in a bit. Also, why would connecting them to the movies make them successful?

Could be funny if they merge everything with a crisis event. But cw is already on that. So pretty much unlikely.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm that logo is pretty much used in all DC media. Exception may be for the CW shows, haven't watched them in a bit. Also, why would connecting them to the movies make them successful?

Could be funny if they merge everything with a crisis event. But cw is already on that. So pretty much unlikely.
That DC intro isnt used on any of the CW stuff or Gotham or anything like that. Ive only seen it on Titans and Doom Patrol so far. I was just figuring as far as the live action shows go that just seemed like a signal it was connected, especially since they tie Doom to Titans. I mean the MCU model is insanely successful. It creates almost exponential growth at this point. Not a bad model to copy.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
That DC intro isnt used on any of the CW stuff or Gotham or anything like that. Ive only seen it on Titans and Doom Patrol so far. I was just figuring as far as the live action shows go that just seemed like a signal it was connected, especially since they tie Doom to Titans. I mean the MCU model is insanely successful. It creates almost exponential growth at this point. Not a bad model to copy.

It kinda is if the tv shows are at the mercy of the movies. It would i believe creatively box them in. I kinda like each plaform exploring different things. As for the logo, it's a thing woth the animated movies. Which is why i don't believe it's a signal for a connect universe.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It kinda is if the tv shows are at the mercy of the movies. It would i believe creatively box them in. As for the logo, it's a thing woth the animated movies. Which is why it doesn't signal as a connect universe.
Well which is why if you look at my initial question, it was asking what the plan was cause they fucked a lot of the movies up. So it seems best at this point they keep it loose. But it really could have been a lot more.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The plan was to make really good tv shows?
You cant seem to grasp that the synergy between successful AAA movies and successful quality TV can create the exponential success effect i already mentioned, so lets just leave it at that.

edit: nevermind, i think signals are getting mixed up here i dont mean any offense or anything. Im looking at this from an angle of this whole endeavor was to create a big connected universe and a part of it got messed up so i was curious where they went from here but it seems there may be no intention at all there.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

The DCU shows exist in a "real " DC Universe .
WB owns the rights and gets all the profit directly so they don't mind references to bigger stuff.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The DCU shows exist in a "real " DC Universe .
WB owns the rights and gets all the profit directly so they don't mind references to bigger stuff.
I guess i was more talking about "canon" storylines with actual effort behind them to connect them. Not just the money flows to the same place. Its a different thing than just having loose references where there isnt a continuity expert.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess i was more talking about "canon" storylines with actual effort behind them to connect them. Not just the money flows to the same place. Its a different thing than just having loose references where there isnt a continuity expert.
Thats part of it though, the CW shows are so backed up with restrictions and red tape that it makes them hard to feel "canon"
Arrowverse couldn't even say "Gotham City" when Arrow started.
they didn't want to risk more valuable movie profits from letting major Batman stuff appear for example.
That basically lead to no Metas pre-Mirakuru on Arrow, and then that same episode of Arrow even introduced the particle accelerator the explained 99% of this universe's Metas

WB doesn't mind allowing that stuff on DCU because a potential loss could be negated by a bump in subscribers,

Last edited:

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats part of it though, the CW shows are so backed up with restrictions and red tape that it makes them hard to feel "canon"
Arrowverse couldn't even say "Gotham City" when Arrow started.
they didn't want to risk more valuable movie profits from letting major Batman stuff appear for example.

WB doesn't mind allowing that stuff on DCU because a potential loss could be negated by a bump in subscribers,
They did the same thing with the Marvel Netflix shows, but they handled it in a way that i think came out on top making them look like they still fit confortably in the same universe. Like, they mention 'big green guy' and have a newspaper clipping of the 'NY battle', but werent allowed to name names. In the case of DC you have whole different actors competing now.

Oct 25, 2017
They did the same thing with the Marvel Netflix shows, but they handled it in a way that i think came out on top making them look like they still fit confortably in the same universe. Like, they mention 'big green guy' and have a newspaper clipping of the 'NY battle', but werent allowed to name names. In the case of DC you have whole different actors competing now.
With the state of DC movies and restricted DC TV(Smallvile, Birds of Prey through Arrowverse) i'd gladly take this DC setup because we sure as heck would never get to someone like Donna Troy or Rose Wilson and Jason Todd would be a long stretch let alone him getting proper development
If they did actually get a movie we'd have to wait years for sequels for certain characters.

Titans specifically needed a stronger connection than the Netflix stuff as well because they are side kicks.
but if Titans was based on the DCEU Dick, Jason and Deathstroke would be in a purgatory atm.