• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Pretty good! I definitely feel better about where the show might be going now than I was when the last season ended.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So one thing I noticed or maybe it was just me but Raven in the end seemed a lot older.

Was that stuff shot later?

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
So one thing I noticed or maybe it was just me but Raven in the end seemed a lot older.

Probably. That's one of the dangers of shooting with child actors and then having to go in and do reshoots in movies or later seasons of show that chronologically do not include the passage of time. Season 1 was in production late 2017 to close to mid 2018 and was originally to be twelve episodes. They changed the season to eleven episodes and used the twelfth as this season 2 premiere, with some additional stuff shot. Actress probably had a growth spurt.

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, they trimmed like 20 minutes and then redid the end of the conflict.
She is like 14 so it was pretty noticeable that she had aged like 1.5-2 years since.

Honestly I think they cut the episode to add CG Trigon to it instead of being defeated in human form.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, they trimmed like 20 minutes and then redid the end of the conflict.
She is like 14 so it was pretty noticeable that she had aged like 1.5-2 years since.

Honestly I think they cut the episode to add CG Trigon to it instead of being defeated in human form.

Yeah, I really think Trigon CG was probably one of the big reasons for pushing the episode.

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized Aqualad didn't have a "suit station" unless they trickily avoided it with the angle.

m3REC5M.jpg

I don't know why but this scene just did it for me.
Like with that and the Deathstroke scene its like im at complete peace with WB's DC stuff,
Keep up this DCU stuff
CW can't keep doing its thing
and as long as we get a legitimate Batman movie stuff like BoP is fine.

Seeing the team shots though, Titans gonna need a vehicle.

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot how corny this show was compared to Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing.

That's the weirdest casting for Batman ever wtf. Old ass man with a bald spot wtffff. Dick looks like 25, Bruce only needs to be like 40 something. His dialogue was really stilted too. They tried too hard to make him sound...Batman-ish idk

Trigon was done better in the cartoon and by Wolfman smh.

Deathstroke costume is nice.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
A fun/weird season finale/premiere episode.

But Jason remains MVP.

Jason and Hank are gonna be fun.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once the Trigon stuff ended the show improved. Jorah wasn't as terrible as I thought he would be.

Hoping this season doesn't have season one issues

Oct 25, 2017

That's the weirdest casting for Batman ever wtf. Old ass man with a bald spot wtffff. Dick looks like 25, Bruce only needs to be like 40 something. His dialogue was really stilted too. They tried too hard to make him sound...Batman-ish idk

Dick, Starfire and Donna are 30's
Jason is early 20's
Beast Boy is like 22 but playing younger considering his relationship with Raven(15)

The surprising thing is that Dove's actress is 39.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Really liked this episode. But it really fely like at season finale too. The trigon stuff was laughable tho.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

Haven't seen the S2 premier yet, but nothing in S1 was as hokey as that Southern Couple were

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Loved the episode, the age jump from trigon to post trigon did make me laugh, but it worked so well.

Bruce stuff was good too. Glad we have a feeling of what season 2 is going to bring. Damn its great to have this show back.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Let's get some more love up in here. Half way through the S2 premiere and enjoying it. I am so fucking glad I gave the series a second watch after brushing off the first two episodes when they first hit. The Teen Titans have always been my favorite team, they were with me before I found the X-Men and have always been with me long after

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Considering I was expecting an ending to that season 1 finale this episode was .... dissapointed to say the least.

Trigon being defeated in 10 minutes ? WHAT THE FUCK?
Why did she needed to wake up Dick if he didn't do SHIT ?
I was literally waiting for this "season finale" since episode 10 of last season and it wraps up in half of an episode with raven basically sneezing trigon away ????

The ending showed some potential but fuck that season 1 finale

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Considering I was expecting an ending to that season 1 finale this episode was .... dissapointed to say the least.

Couldn't agree more. It was never going to be satisfying, being an episode that had to both wrap up storylines and introduce new ones but I'm shocked at bad it was.

Trigon was such a joke, he was meant to be the big bad and Rachel just sort of looked at him and he disappeared.

Imagine how dope it would have been if the last scene of Season 1 was Deathstroke in his house, looking at his suit.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly i don't even mind that Trigon's CG wasn't great, they made an effort to do it and didn't over use it.
though it might have worked better if the scene was done at night or something.

Let's get some more love up in here. Half way through the S2 premiere and enjoying it. I am so fucking glad I gave the series a second watch after brushing off the first two episodes when they first hit. The Teen Titans have always been my favorite team, they were with me before I found the X-Men and have always been with me long after
Yup, glad I stuck with it because boy did I think I was out at the "Fuck Batman" trailer.

Honestly this show has me more excited/fulfilled than any comic book movie or show.
Even if I liked Gotham more for example it is nowhere near as satisfying because they still had to dance around premise and rules(which they typically did well) but would still leaving you wanting more or things to go further.

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao my friends thought he old man waiting for Dick was Alfred
Haven't seen the S2 premier yet, but nothing in S1 was as hokey as that Southern Couple were
Nah. They were melodramatic, not corny like Beast Boy eliminating Raven's brainwashing by holding her hand for a sec

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Trigon being defeated in 10 minutes ? WHAT THE FUCK?
Why did she needed to wake up Dick if he didn't do SHIT ?
I was literally waiting for this "season finale" since episode 10 of last season and it wraps up in half of an episode with raven basically sneezing trigon away ????

I'm with you but I still enjoyed this episode. You can tell it worked better as the finale to season 1 instead of the season 2 opener.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
As others have pointed out, there are very obvious problems with the final conflict that anybody would call out. Hopefully that's just a sign of season 1 troubles and we're about to get a new and improved show. There are times when the style and everything really come together and the show is sweet, but they gotta just have a plot figured out this time.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
The surprising thing is that Dove's actress is 39.
Holy shit that is her actual age. Wow. I never would have thought that. I though mid to late 20s for sure.

I really enjoyed this episode. It's clear what was the true end of season 1 though. That said there is a far better cut off point that they should have went with. I would have had season 1 end with
Raven waking up after Trigon reveals his true form and places the gem in her head. That's a real "all hope is lost" moment. It kinda feels and plays out like that was the actual end by how that sequence plays out.
Then returned with picking up right where that left off.
Seal Trigon away (the only play here given he was just introduced and this team is no where close to ready for a big fight against him), play up the brother/sister relationship she has with Dick even more and then move on to Deathstroke, Bruce, etc. Maybe extend that talk between Dick and Bruce.

Though that would have likely cost us the Superboy and Krypto stinger. I really do hope we see a decent amount of Ian Glenn this season. Also it does appear we actually have 13 episodes this season going by the episode page. I hope that stays true.

A lot of what was in that teaser/trailer is in this episode as well. So they really haven't spoiled anything. I think the rest will be in episode 2.

I agree it's kinda wild that we have so many Titans shows existing at once and they're all very different and bringing different things to the table. I never read Teen Titans growing up. Only a little around Infinite Crisis but from all these versions I can see why it was so popular and hit hard and was able to stand out and not simply be in the shadow of the Justice League. It does feel you can do do a lot more here even if you make the characters older or younger.

I said before that my only major issue with season 1 was how they ended it. I was very happy with the season overall. This episode still highlights the bad decision they made but I'm super looking forward to season 2 proper next week.

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought that Trigon's mind illusions would be the first half of this season. Everybody is still under his control and we are witnessing some of the season as the illusion until Raven breaks out of the illusions. I didn't expect..... What happened lol. But. BUT! That's too obvious.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I honestly thought that Trigon's mind illusions would be the first half of this season. Everybody is still under his control and we are witnessing some of the season as the illusion until Raven breaks out of the illusions. I didn't expect..... What happened lol. But. BUT! That's too obvious.

we didn't even got dove's illusion =P

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Dove's nightmare is Hawk going back to the syringe (I think lol). His is convincing her to partake. Both intersected.

Oct 25, 2017
When I was finishing up my rewatch of S1 yesterday I noticed Robin has a Birdarang in the childhood flashback but never uses them elsewhere, he only uses the sharp throwing Rs.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah that was a really solid opener/closer, but boy S1's finale must have been absolutely garbage if that's what they had to do to salvage it. You can tell the Trigon confrontation was half baked, I wonder how bad it was before they gave it more time.

Iain Glen seems poorly cast for Bruce. He seems 5-10 years too old for a Bruce that's apparently still an active Leaguer plus that accent is atrocious. It's a struggle to understand him.

I guess the early part of the season will be focused on the older Titans + Starfire finding themselves and Dick teaching the young ones. Should be good.

Razgriz-Specter you can definitely see what I mean about the world building, they name dropped Titans, Justice League, Superman, etc. Now the history and status quo is properly established instead of just vaguely hinted at. Far more confident now.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Ditto on the negative feelings about the actor playing Batman. Feels like such a weird choice for a character like Bruce freaking Wayne, and yeah, his accent doesn't even cut it. Really simple things like that and him just feeling too old for the role at this point is a bit of a head scratcher.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that was a really solid opener/closer, but boy S1's finale must have been absolutely garbage if that's what they had to do to salvage it. You can tell the Trigon confrontation was half baked, I wonder how bad it was before they gave it more time.

Iain Glen seems poorly cast for Bruce. He seems 5-10 years too old for a Bruce that's apparently still an active Leaguer plus that accent is atrocious. It's a struggle to understand him.

I guess the early part of the season will be focused on the older Titans + Starfire finding themselves and Dick teaching the young ones. Should be good.

Razgriz-Specter you can definitely see what I mean about the world building, they name dropped Titans, Justice League, Superman, etc. Now the history and status quo is properly established instead of just vaguely hinted at. Far more confident now.
Really? He was completely understandable to me. But i did feel his accent was weird. Kinda strange mix he had going on.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Not feeling that Bruce at all, but we'll see how often he shows up. Everything else was good (I even liked the Trigon CG).

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'm one of the few that actually liked "Jorrah" Bruce. Don't mind the accent and age. Then again, I don't hold Bruce in high regard. Pretty much any attractive and fit white gut can play him.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
That was just the season 1 finale. Damm annoying they made use wait for this episode. I mean, Raven ages over the course of the episode, was really noticeable.

And it was all resolved too quickly with Trigon, he deserved more, but hotdamn am I excited that Deathstroke is going to be the big bad this season.

I think the show will be better focusing on street level/more manageable level threats. Them 'fighting' Trigon was just...lol.