• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope next season has less world building and more stories on the Titans.

It's been great but we only have a few episodes left and we have a Hawk and Dove origin next? Seems out of place.

I'm surprised by this as well, do we really need to go back to H&D? Hopefully we still get more movement on the main plot.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised by this as well, do we really need to go back to H&D? Hopefully we still get more movement on the main plot.

They're not taking down Trigon this season, and they blew up the main branch of the organization going after the Titans. So you might as well do more development of the universe and cast.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're not taking down Trigon this season, and they blew up the main branch of the organization going after the Titans. So you might as well do more development of the universe and cast.

Yeah that's quite evident about Trigon but I was hoping the team would learn more about what he his and where he came from. Heck, maybe even a flashback episode with Trigon and Raven's mum.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's quite evident about Trigon but I was hoping the team would learn more about what he his and where he came from. Heck, maybe even a flashback episode with Trigon and Raven's mum.

You figure the Starfire stuff has to come with a little more explanation about Raven's father and why Starfire wants to kill her.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the Hawk & Dove origin episode won't be as boring and needless as I'm guessing it will be. I like them both just fine as characters, but I wasn't really yearning to learn more about their backstory.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
It's that fact that they'd be wasting a series on them instead of another set of characters which could be more interesting. They only have so much money to make shows.
They have all the monies to waste lol. Why you think they making a Doom Patrol series like anyone but 10 people know who they are?

Edit: and Kevin Kiner's soundtrack has gotten way better along the way too. First episode it was generic but he's been in his bag for a while now.

Last edited:

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
cool that they're bringing in donna troy and expanding the titans but something still feels off about the show. starfire murdering the fbi agents and dick murdering everyone in the building last week are both pretty dumb.

not particularly excited for a hawk and dove backdoor pilot next episode, either

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
cool that they're bringing in donna troy and expanding the titans but something still feels off about the show. starfire murdering the fbi agents and dick murdering everyone in the building last week are both pretty dumb.

not particularly excited for a hawk and dove backdoor pilot next episode, either

Starfire murking FBI folks is weird, but Dick killing all the people that tortured them? Its not how I would write the Titans, but in that situation I couldn't call him wrong.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I still don't think Dick has actually killed anyone. His whole reasoning for leaving Bruce seems to be because either Batman did kill someone or was REALLY close to it and Dick feared he was becoming to close to that.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't think Dick has actually killed anyone. His whole reasoning for leaving Bruce seems to be because either Batman did kill someone or was REALLY close to it and Dick feared he was becoming to close to that.

Yo. They set that asylum on fire and it exploded. Those people died. If the show walks that back I'll be very disappointed.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I already wrote a theory in this thread about how some weird editing seemed to have occurred during that scene which would've shown that they didn't kill the remaining people in the building.

Nothing against you. But if they do that then I lose a lot of respect for this show. If you're not killing people, stop trying to make it seem like you are.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Yes, I could see them saying that the people were brought out of the building, but the agents on the train must have been burned to death by Starfire.
Yeah, I'm not saying that Starfire didn't kill anyone... We know Raven, Gar, and her have 100% without a doubt killed people. It's just that the whole Batman and Robin no kill rule is such a vital part of their story, I just have to believe they're both still following it and are struggling with it. Hence, why Robin is so much more brutal than he ever was before. Jason didn't kill any of those cops, but he sure did fuck them up worse than Dick would've.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Isn't Titans suppose to be a bad guy team? So why is killing such a bad thing?
Are they? I never read the old Titans comics. Always figured they were more like Young Justice versions, even back in the 80's. I knew they weren't bubble gum and rainbows, but not dark enough where they were killing lots of their enemies or fodder agents.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm not saying that Starfire didn't kill anyone... We know Raven, Gar, and her have 100% without a doubt killed people. It's just that the whole Batman and Robin no kill rule is such a vital part of their story, I just have to believe they're both still following it and are struggling with it. Hence, why Robin is so much more brutal than he ever was before. Jason didn't kill any of those cops, but he sure did fuck them up worse than Dick would've.

lol, so he won't kill anyone but he'll pal around with people who do? Nah, they all got bodies on 'em.

Isn't Titans suppose to be a bad guy team? So why is killing such a bad thing?

You're thinking of the Suicide Squad lol. No other super team is just fine killing people like that.

There were people set in front of the building, it was very poorly framed tbh.

This is another thing. If those people aren't dead why is Dick so comfortable assuming the mission's done.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
lol, so he won't kill anyone but he'll pal around with people who do? Nah, they all got bodies on 'em.
Yeah, it's weird, I realize that. These people aren't normal.
This is another thing. If those people aren't dead why is Dick so comfortable assuming the mission's done.
Cause they were just guards and doctors working under a bigger boss which is now dead? I doubt they're going to start that back up after what happened and all their research is destroyed.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's weird, I realize that. These people aren't normal.

Cause they were just guards and doctors working under a bigger boss which is now dead? I doubt they're going to start that back up after what happened and all their research is destroyed.

But Adamson wasn't the boss. They sent people to kill him--you don't send people to kill the big boss. They would just join up with the rest of their organization again.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I don't know anymore, we're nitpicking a throw away facility in a larger storyline that happens in every comic book show. I'm sure we're putting more thought into it than the writers ever did, lol. I kinda wish they'd make a statement about Robin killing/not killing peeps in the show just to clear it up. It could be a great scene too. Basically having the same discussion we are. That he's not ok with doing it himself, but being called out on how he's ok with being with a bunch of people that are ok with it.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It would make sense for Dick to kill people. He knows he is acting way too violent but he has trouble stopping. Bruce enabling him caused him to go further and further

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
it's just bad writing to have him drop his weapon and burn his suit and symbolically say "im done being like this"

and then immediately blow a bunch of people up

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least a lot of the bodies that are being dropped have been in self-defense. It's not like it's their opening move.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Why must superhero backstories be so tragic.

Batman
Robin

and now Hawk and Dove.

They all end up losing someone.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Man Titans really goes out of its way to kill all my childhood crushes in the most brutal way possible. First Audrey Horne and now Deanna Troi.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Was it just me or was the car that hit going really fast? Like fast forward fast, it looked weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.