• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
zn6leyzx70871.jpg

This is fantastic.

OP
OP
Senator Toadstool

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just thinking… james cameron can write women much better than most writers. they're not the same tropes. they have independence

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Watched it last year,

it really is a very well put together movie. Pushes along characters both large and small and digs in to how human everyone was.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lol I love these stores pg was so wild back then

I know of at least two movies that got G, not PG, G ratings with white female nudity. I say white because there has long been a weirdly racist tendency to show lots of footage of nudity from tribal villages to people of any age.
One of them even had underage nudity.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saw this in theatres with my dad, he covered my eyes when the boobs scene came up. Was awkward for the both of us. Great movie though, one of the greats.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Watched it last year,

it really is a very well put together movie. Pushes along characters both large and small and digs in to how human everyone was.

I love Ebert's review and this quote:

"We understand exactly what is happening at that moment because of an ingenious story technique by Cameron, who frames and explains the entire voyage in a modern story."

That scene where he explains how Titanic sunk is key to the whole sequence when it starts to sink because we know exactly what is happening and why. How JC crafted the screenplay is seriously underrated.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I legit thought old Rose was going to throw herself in to the ocean at the end as a kid. Instead she throws away millions of dollars.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine how different the film's run would have been if they kept the alternate ending.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Why would it be. Just about all his movies have strong independent female leads.
To be fair, I think sometimes I just forget how utterly atrocious most movies are cuz I consciously do my best to avoid shitty movies. I suppose next to those sort of dregs of the medium, Cameron can actually pass for a halfway-decent writer.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
they should make a movie about Rose's husband waiting around in the afterlife while she smooches Leo

OP
OP
Senator Toadstool

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm on the second half with the sinking and my good he captures fear so well the music dials it up to 11

OP
OP
Senator Toadstool

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i remember how much i was scared when she's rescuing him and the escape from 3rd class

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
For some reason I have developed some kind of addiction to everything Titanic related. And that is thanks to this movie.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Now I think about it, those propellers are huge. Bigger than the og, I think.
this movie got me into deep sea discoveries
That's awesome. I need to watch some Robert Ballard doc, if some is available.
Imagine how different the film's run would have been if they kept the alternate ending.
Broke would have jumped after the heart of the ocean.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
I've seen this long ass movie like 15x (would always watch it when it was on TBS or something) and it gets me everytime! Tomorrow is supposed to be gloomy and rainy so I'm gonna pop an edible and watch it again.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Now I think about it, those propellers are huge. Bigger than the og, I think.

I don't think so. The propellers were 23 feet, six inches. He's all scrunched up when he hits it, plus he lands on a blade edge that's sloping down, away from the camera.
The model of Propeller Guy does start shrinking after he hits the propeller, though, meaning they actually scaled him down inside the animation software. Maybe that's confusing you.

Last edited:

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's always funny to me when people announce an old movie on Netflix, an event!

I already have it in my collection, it's been on local TV dozens of times, I'm sure it's possible to digitally buy it/watch it in many more places... but sure, it's on Netflix too.

Leaving movies are even better in that regard.

That being said - Cameron the goat.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
I don't think so. The propellers were 23 feet, six inches. He's all scrunched up when he hits it, plus he lands on a blade edge that's sloping down, away from the camera.
The model of Propeller Guy does start shrinking after he hits the propeller, though, meaning they actually scaled him down inside the animation software. Maybe that's confusing you.
Could be because he's all scrunched up, yeah. Found this pic of Olympic port propeller and its size seems more in line with the movie scene.
jYpqdmU7jVkm9L442rizHQ6PrYTP09vw0Umnhw5K0fg.jpg

OP
OP
Senator Toadstool

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm watching this for the 4th time this weekend and different parts get me. this time was cal telling jack he had and arrangement but he'd not benifit and jacks dejection

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I think sometimes I just forget how utterly atrocious most movies are cuz I consciously do my best to avoid shitty movies. I suppose next to those sort of dregs of the medium, Cameron can actually pass for a halfway-decent writer.
The man wrote The Terminator and Aliens. There are few genre screenwriters as accomplished.

And his female characters are memorable and varied.