• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Also anyone playing it just for the SP because of all the hype around it I sincerely suggest giving the MP at least a shot. It's actually ridiculously good even if there is a single mode that gets any sort of population.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I'm really bummed they didn't decide to go f2p with the multiplayer. The console versions have been floating around dollar stores forever. Glad the numbers are up but damn f2p coulda been huge.
Honestly surprised they haven't packaged it in as a apex mode yet. Apex arena is what they could call it or something then just make the soilders classes from apex. Boda bing boda boom that's a million players right there

Relic

Oct 28, 2017
I hated Origin too but these days it's the best of the rest. I could actually imagine using it as a game client, though Steam has more features.

This might finally get me to go back to TFall 2.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Nah, the sillies are more the folks that are Steam or bust even when it makes no real difference. It's obviously a different situation if you're literally barred from the fool thing. Can you not use Paypal? No physical copy option? No alternate webstore like CDkeys.com?
Nope. The card I use doesn't work with paypal or webstores. And I live in a small town in India. Physical stores for games aren't a thing here. Steam is literally the only way I can buy games. The point is that your focus is on the wrong people. You shouldn't be arguing with players about their store preferences. You should instead be pissed at publishers like EA who deprive a huge segment of audience from playing the games we want to play just to sate their greed.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
I bought it at 10 dollars, but based on the reception of the game I probably would have paid full price if EA had released it on other storefronts initially. Dumb

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Always remember..

www.resetera.com

Only 10% of purchases on Steam are done with via credit card, paypal, paysafe

Steam provides 100 Payment methods. Only 10% of purchases are done via credit card, paypal, paysafe. The remaining 90% of purchases are mostly done via cash. Your customers probably don't use credit cards. Countries like Japan pay for their games that are different than the north american...

90% of Steam users use cash payment option. And guess what, Origin doesn't support it for the majority of people. It's not that people don't want to buy in Origin, they simply can't. This is the same for Microsoft store, Uplay, and many other PC stores.
My dumb ass brain was thinking for a minute, how do they pay with cash. Do they send steam a letter full of money then they authenticate it. Then my brain woke up a bit and was like gift card you damn fool haha

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. The card I use doesn't work with paypal or webstores. And I live in a small town in India. Physical stores for games aren't a thing here. Steam is literally the only way I can buy games. The point is that your focus is on the wrong people. You shouldn't be arguing with players about their store preferences. You should instead be pissed at publishers like EA who deprive a huge segment of audience from playing the games we want to play just to sate their greed.
They're not my focus, I'm not some champion for any company. It's not like I even dislike Steam, far from it, it's where *I* go for my games given the option out of convenience and it's where I have my largest game collection. EA can get fucked for all I care and should provide better payment options. I just find "blind" (the word I initially responded off) brand subservience to be offputting and it's usually the kind of talk that happens for this subject.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Ah, well if your preferred platform is Linux instead of Windows that's another matter entirely. ;) Proton is a fantastic avenue for that niche, no doubt. I wonder if it works for non-Steam games hooked into it, or how that would even work.

You can literally hook Titanfall 2 to Steam through non-Steam game and have effectively the same experience you're having now. Except years ago.

And how do I know Origin even works like that? I assume it would start the whole Origin launcher, not just a small one like it does now. And then it might not work natively.
Furthermore my Controller still might not work and I cant use a guide for the helmet collectibles if I play on TV.

"It makes no real difference".

They're not my focus, I'm not some champion for any company. It's not like I even dislike Steam, far from it, it's where *I* go for my games given the option out of convenience and it's where I have my largest game collection. EA can get fucked for all I care and should provide better payment options. I just find "blind" (the word I initially responded off) brand subservience to be offputting and it's usually the kind of talk that happens for this subject.

It literally isnt. People are explaining to you why they want to play it on Steam be it for Linux, be it for payment methods, be it even for convenience, be it for controller support or Remote Play or using guides ingame or BPM without any problems and "connecting non steam games" to it and you are "It makes no real difference".

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Nah, the sillies are more the folks that are Steam or bust even when it makes no real difference. It's obviously a different situation if you're literally barred from the fool thing. Can you not use Paypal? No physical copy option? No alternate webstore like CDkeys.com?
Surprise, CDKeys only accept credit cards and paypal too for tge most part.

For a lot of people, Steam is more than just a launcher, it's the only place they can buy games on PC.

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I'm really bummed they didn't decide to go f2p with the multiplayer. The console versions have been floating around dollar stores forever. Glad the numbers are up but damn f2p coulda been huge.

And how would they have made money from it as an F2P game? Put in micro transactions only for one version of the game?

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
And how do I know Origin even works like that? I assume it would start the whole Origin launcher, not just a small one like it does now. And then it might not work natively.
Furthermore my Controller still might not work and I cant use a guide for the helmet collectibles if I play on TV.

"It makes no real difference".
For this talk of ease of use you tend to bring up the most variables possible to make it not only a needless hassle but also locking yourself in.

It literally isnt. People are explaining to you why they want to play it on Steam be it for Linux, be it for payment methods, be it even for convenience, be it for controller support or Remote Play or using guides ingame or BPM without any problems and "connecting non steam games" to it and you are "It makes no real difference".
Linux has less penetration at this point than VR even now, and those that have limited payment options are way different than the large discourse that tends to come up rabbling about just not wanting another launcher (but still buying it where it'll now depend on two launchers). This isn't speaking to Era, just generally. So sure, Indian Linux gamers and any intersection therein, power to ya, your niches aren't being criticized. North American Windows gamers can pipe down tho imo lol.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
easily my favorite shooter of this gen and i rebought it on pc when it launched on steam (played on ps4). Still holds up so damn well, no other shooter comes close to this for me. I wish we got titanfall 3

meschio94

Jan 26, 2018
You can literally hook Titanfall 2 to Steam through non-Steam game and have effectively the same experience you're having now. Except years ago.
It seem you don't tried to hook an origin game on steam, beacuse is not really like add the game exe and all will work flawless, something is always broke, bigpicture, steam link, steam HUD, sometimes yo ucan find a solution online with some hassle, other time you can't do a shit, for fifa for example the solution was a custom exe to replace the original one, and some script, at that point i just prefer stop buying games here

And you want to play on linux with proton ? good luck my friend

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Steam controller never worked properly for me using the method you talk about, it really put me off Titanfall 2 at the time.
It seem you don't tried to hook an origin game on steam, beacuse is not really like add the game exe and all will work flawless, something is always broke, bigpicture, steam link, steam HUD, sometimes yo ucan find a solution online with some hassle, other time you can't do a shit, for fifa for example the solution was a custom exe to replace the original one, and some script, at that point i just prefer stop buying games here

And you want to play on linux with proton ? good luck my friend
Wack. Good to know.

meschio94

Jan 26, 2018

Do you want to know the funny stuff about that ?

Before origin updated the library design, the hassle was minimun, after the update they tried to broke any type of compatibility with steam, they even removed the option "close the client after you exit the game" so for all games now yo ualways need a script for autoclose origin when exit

Probably they tried to force the users to see origin as a client and not a launcher for their games

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna gift to my Dad, because he doesn't want to make an Origin account or install Origin and he prefers playing FPS games on PC (I don't think he ever tried it on Xbox One when I gifted it to him).

Unfortunately, the steam store page says you need an EA account and install Origin for "activation" or whatever, so I guess I'll just drop it.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the game on Steam even though I already have it installed through Origin just to support TF/Respawn.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
For this talk of ease of use you tend to bring up the most variables possible to make it not only a needless hassle but also locking yourself in.

Linux has less penetration at this point than VR even now, and those that have limited payment options are way different than the large discourse that tends to come up rabbling about just not wanting another launcher (but still buying it where it'll now depend on two launchers). This isn't speaking to Era, just generally. So sure, Indian Linux gamers and any intersection therein, power to ya, your niches aren't being criticized. North American Windows gamers can pipe down tho imo lol.

For someone who tells people they shouldn't care about an icon on the desktop, you sure do care A LOT about people clicking on a specific icon.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
This is not true anymore. Adding Origin games to Steam is not as simple as it should be. I've tried with multiple Origin games over the past few years and the majority of games simply just can't hook the steam overlay, especially if you use BPM.
Furthermore there's weird limitations, for example Origin can't be running if you want to launch a shortcut from Steam. That means if you quit out of a game, Origin was still running in the background making it impossible to relaunch again without manually exiting Origin. This has been fixed when buying on Steam.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Such a fun multiplayer experience. I may five back in if the population stays up.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Only had time for one match yesterday and I got totally destroyed. I've hit prestige like 7 times so I'm not exactly a noob but damn I totally forgot how to play.

I also forgot how amazing the movement mechanics were in this game. Bunny hopping is fun as hell.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah, I agree. Nothing wrong with a platform preference. But maybe avoiding a certain store for so long just to buy it more expensively on another store -- both on PC -- just to launch it from a certain program that then requires you to login and have the other program in the background anyway sounds a bit silly to me but what do I know.

It was very telling that in EA's live event on Wednesday they pretty consistently referred to Steam as a "platform". Everyone who insists on perpetuating the "just another launcher" rhetoric is willfully ignoring that these things are platforms/ecosystems in their own right.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to buy the game again through Steam just for the ease of launching and not having to use Origin's overall program. If anyone wants to group up in a few hours, me and my holos will fight alongside you!

And how would they have made money from it as an F2P game? Put in micro transactions only for one version of the game?
... there's already cosmetic microtransactions in the multiplayer. Prime titan skins, pilot skins, weapons, logos. It comes out to be like $60 of cosmetics when not on sale, there's just a ton of cosmetics you also unlock without paying.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Where is the best place to see live users for Steam? I use SteamStats but I can't seem to find any and all games of how many people are playing.

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Love to see it, this game is a masterpiece and I'm so glad it's surging right now. Had hardly any wait times when I played MP yesterday. Also, seems the game is #2 (#1 game, only Index is in front) on the Global Top Sellers, which just makes me so happy.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
tbh it would make sense given you're basically launching the origin version. But it's an additional step for EA to put that in place and they'd just lose money on double dip steam sales, so i can see why it's not happening - it would be a good faith move.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
I really hope they see the demand for Titanfall 3...
Sadly Vince Zampella stated multiple times that there is no TF3 planned and from the sound of his statements if there will ever be a third one its far far off.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
Yeah, I agree. Nothing wrong with a platform preference. But maybe avoiding a certain store for so long just to buy it more expensively on another store -- both on PC -- just to launch it from a certain program that then requires you to login and have the other program in the background anyway sounds a bit silly to me but what do I know.
You are correct that this storefront fetishism nonsense on PC is a fucking joke and mess.

The powers that be need to somehow come up with a universal standard for games distribution and launching, because the way it is fragmented at the moment is comically bad.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they see the demand for Titanfall 3...
Sadly Vince Zampella stated multiple times that there is no TF3 planned and from the sound of his statements if there will ever be a third one its far far off.
TF is Respawn's (and by extension Zampella's) baby, and they're keeping the IP alive through Apex Legends. Given Zampella's pull inside EA nowadays, I'd honestly be surprised if we don't get a TF3 next gen.
are the origin and steam players together?
Titanfall on Steam runs a lite version of Origin in the background, so yes.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I loved this game, but man I'm pad player who grinded the game online for 3 months on PS4. I'm not subscribed to PS Plus anymore and may never buy a console again. So PC is my only option now. But outside of the Street Fighter series I'm going to be a very casual player so I don't want to learn K+M nor does the thought of playing against K+M players with a game pad sound enticing to me.

Only 10 bucks though. Well I guess it's not like everyone is going to be Benchy and quick scope me with a Kraber while bunny hopping backwards at max speed after using the grappling hook to get half way across the map, right?

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
On Steam alone there are now over 5200 players online.

With an "Overwhelmingly Positive" recommenation rating. (about 780 ratings so far)

I hope it stays that way.