• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

neilyadig

Nov 13, 2017
Great price! I'm in, been wanting to place this campaign for a long time. Then I played a bunch of Apex Legends and REALLY wanted to try it out.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Great price but it needing origin kind of defeats the point of things on steam I feel.

Anyway, if this gets more people to buy and play it then good. It's an amazing game.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rebuy it to have it on Steam, but EA overcharging here as usual. Price on sale is ~15$. Screw that, I'll stick with the Origin copy.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Great price but it needing origin kind of defeats the point of things on steam I feel.

Anyway, if this gets more people to buy and play it then good. It's an amazing game.
It's not really a great price when I paid $5 for it on Origin YEARS ago. Between being double a previously available sale price and still actually needing Origin, this is pretty shit.

EDIT: I didn't realize this was the Ultimate Edition.

Last edited:

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Figures that it would need Origin still.

Really feels like they're shooting themselves in the foot with that requirement.

Only upside about this for me is finally having a population count for that game.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
So it needs origin? rip. Didn't have it on PC anyways so won't refund.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
So if I have this via Origin, can I somehow play it on Steam? same goes for the Mass Effect games.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Awesome single player campaign and the multiplayer had cannon fodder AI so even someone like me could get a kill.

Kinda sucks that it needs Origin, but it's still a damn good game

Scorch Forever.

Dec 23, 2017
Ah the magic of id Tech/Source engine physics.

I really, really enjoyed Titanfall 2 when I bought it on the PS4, but it was difficult to do all the neat stuff that PC players were doing.

I went out and bought some back paddles for my controller and I was able to barely do it, but not consistent enough to where I would have liked.

If I bought the game again, I probably wouldn't have time to play it online, I'm too busy with Phantasy Star Online 2 at the moment.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I guess I should bite for $10. This no Steam achievement shit for seemingly all of EA's games is pretty dumb though, I hope they patch everything.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Was really hoping they'd lose Origin for this and have Steam achievements and everything.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
kinda lame that only the Ultimate Edition is on Steam - the extra content is more or less irrelevant if you're just buying it for the campaign

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, an "Ultimate Edition" of a 2016 game re-released in 2020, which doesn't include DLC that costs 4.5Ă— as much as the game itself.
And a Steam version which requires Origin running.

Good job EA.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
I really do wonder why they don't make this game free to play at this point. The campaign is fantastic, but still pretty short, and there's cosmetics for people to spend money on in the multiplayer, so they'd still make some income.

The Origin thing is another unfortunate system - it kind of makes sense, since they are probably still running all of the servers and authentication through Origin, but man it would be nice if that wasn't needed. Same feel as the Division, thought about going back to that and then didn't when I realized I would have to reinstall Uplay.

tbh I just want the multiplayer servers to fill up some more, need more targets for Northstar's railgun!

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I really do wonder why they don't make this game free to play at this point. The campaign is fantastic, but still pretty short, and there's cosmetics for people to spend money on in the multiplayer, so they'd still make some income.

The Origin thing is another unfortunate system - it kind of makes sense, since they are probably still running all of the servers and authentication through Origin, but man it would be nice if that wasn't needed. Same feel as the Division, thought about going back to that and then didn't when I realized I would have to reinstall Uplay.

tbh I just want the multiplayer servers to fill up some more, need more targets for Northstar's railgun!
They want to sell Origin access subscriptions, most likely. But Titanfall 2 was selling for $3 at one point, so it's not far off from F2P.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Ah yes, an "Ultimate Edition" of a 2016 game re-released in 2020, which doesn't include DLC that costs 4.5Ă— as much as the game itself.
And a Steam version which requires Origin running.

Good job EA.
The game doesn't have DLC. The paid Prime Titans are skins.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020

Still one of the best trailers ever for me! This trailer made me buy the game back then. I get goose bumps everytime I watch it.

Jul 26, 2018
Just played the game (already had it since 2018) and i'm finally seeing more players than ever. Finally I am able to join matches faster and killing new players hahaha.

I highly recommend this game but a little warning that the vets are gonna take advantage and will try their best to get much kills as possible and i've already encountered that in my last few matches... I have to admit I even killed lots of new players too hahaha.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
If you slept on this game at launch, please stop what you're doing and give this game a chance. It's worth the asking price for the story alone, but awesome multiplayer is icing on the cake.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Just played the game (already had it since 2018) and i'm finally seeing more players than ever. Finally I am able to join matches faster and killing new players hahaha.

I highly recommend this game but a little warning that the vets are gonna take advantage and will try their best to get much kills as possible and i've already encountered that in my last few matches... I have to admit I even killed lots of new players too hahaha.

A few months ago I waited 10 mins before I were able to join a game. back then there were like 1000 players left. How much are there now?

Verder

Oct 28, 2017
i think i legit got it 2 seconds after seeing this thread.
easily top 3 FPS this gen

edit- it needs ORGIN? fuck

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'd buy if it was completely divorced from Origin but it's not and it'd be a second PC purchase so nah. I have my Origin copy installed presently anyway.