• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How about we let the process play out and let the candidates make the case for themselves.

If Biden's senility is as much of an issue for the general electorate as it is for the vocal minority here, the other candidates and voters will ensure he doesn't get the democratic nomination.
That's what this thread is about. Why do you want evidence of his senility repressed? Surely the general electorate will make the right decision, since only a vocal minority can see the obvious problem with this video. I mean, it's just a gaffe. Obviously it doesn't effect his chances.

Jun 20, 2019
It's called common sense. Use it. That's your guide.

Indeed. Let's not resort to conspiracy theories and notions of suppression, "low-information voters" and unfair/practices with-in the party while continuing to tear each other down if your desired nominee doesn't do as well as you think he's going to do as well, please.
Huh. Common sense tells me that either misremembering or misrepresenting something so convincingly, to the point of saying "In my word as a Biden", is troubling when you're trying to win over voters.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Wait. So those things happened but in three different instances yet Biden just mashed them together?
Man that is funny.

How about we let the process play out and let the candidates make the case for themselves.

If Biden's senility is as much of an issue for the general electorate as it is for the vocal minority here, the other candidates and voters will ensure he doesn't get the democratic nomination.
How is anything supposed to be "ensured" if nobody first acknowledges that there's a serious problem?

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is a silly pathetic video that proves nothing and is just a desperate attempt to hurt Biden that will go nowhere. anyone can see this is just a gaffe, you pathetic echo chamber posters.

but it's also a dangerous video poisoning the electorate against Biden and if you share it you're basically a Trump supporter

Oct 27, 2017
That's what this thread is about. Why do you want evidence of his senility repressed? Surely the general electorate will make the right decision, since only a vocal minority can see the obvious problem with this video. I mean, it's just a gaffe. Obviously it doesn't effect his chances.

Never said I wanted it repressed. As I said in my edit;

The cognitive dissonance about Joe being prone to gaffes is quite hilarious though. He's been no different throughout his entire political career, now we have a bunch of armchair doctors bullshitting their way around with false diagnoses commenting on his neurological state and throwing out disgusting accusations. Keep on keeping on. Looks real good.

How come Joe's error prone misrememberings and gaffes weren't a major issue when he was tapped for VP amongst the voting electorate?

How is anything supposed to be "ensured" if nobody first acknowledges that there's a serious problem?

The serious problem being that Joe Biden has been prone to these mental miscues going back decades?

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
this is a silly pathetic video that proves nothing and is just a desperate attempt to hurt Biden that will go nowhere. anyone can see this is just a gaffe, you pathetic echo chamber posters.

but it's also a dangerous video poisoning the electorate against Biden and if you share it you're basically a Trump supporter

What? To many they think Biden is too old to run, same as Sanders. This just reinforces that belief.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018

Y'see, the man's so electable that you'd basically have to be stupid to question his ability to appeal to the electorate, but by pointing out lapses in cognitive ability that he made in front of hundreds of people, you're pretty much damning the party to a repeat of 2016. Because you're the one eroding his electability. Not him. Nary ye mind that we haven't even hit the primary.

I'd like to call this line of thought Beltway Brainworms.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
"Some told him it was too risky, but Biden said he brushed off their concerns.

"We can lose a vice president," he said. "We can't lose many more of these kids. Not a joke."

I'm sorry I'm fucking dying here the whole story is just hilarious to me. It's truly Joe taking the risk under massive arm guard to award this young man for 15 minutes and fly the fuck away on a helicopter. He's like trump lite truly one of the greatest Americans to ever live, putting himself at risk lol.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Absolutely perfect thread title, I really have to try hard not to go at Biden defenders/ "what's the big deal" people

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Somebody needs to start setting an over/under on the number of Biden Derangement Syndrome threads created on ERA every day. 10 seems like a good number.

Yes, he's not the ideal candidate. Yes, he has made blatant gaffes. We get it. The obsession over everything with him is borderline creepy when it comes to this site though and echos the craziness of the Fox News comment sections.

At the end of the day, ERA is as unrepresentative of the general electorate as it gets and I sure hope the people here who are dead set in their opposition to Joe even breathing vote for him in the general election if he happens to get the democratic nomination. Because if you stay home and don't vote, you're part of the problem and no better than those who elected Trump.

Also, those who are constantly playing doctor and trying to diagnose Joe Biden from a neurological standpoint here on ERA are offensive and should stop with their armchair bullshit. Especially for those of us who have had family members and friends deal with dementia, alzheimers etc and are unfortunately well aware of what that entails.

God, I hope Warren gets the nom. Unfortunately all the other good choices are polling too low.

Wait is ERA unrepresentative or are they too influential and gonna blow it in the general for Joe

Also I've had family members with dementia and uh, this is exactly how it manifested. He's got it and so does Trump.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'see, the man's so electable that you'd basically have to be stupid to question his ability to appeal to the electorate, but by pointing out lapses in cognitive ability that he made in front of hundreds of people, you're pretty much damning the party to a repeat of 2016. Because you're the one eroding his electability. Not him. Nary ye mind that we haven't even hit the primary.

I'd like to call this line of thought Beltway Brainworms.
The key part is always acknowledging that his electibility is so fragile that a forum post on ResetEra.com could destroy it, because obviously only the Era echo chamber is talking about it, but then also insisting he'll be the nominee.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Every gaffe is more ammo for Trump. Trump is a bully.

I want you all to imagine a scenario and then just marinate on it for a bit. Biden and Trump are on that debate stage. Biden does a gaffe. Any gaffe. Trump latches on and relentlessly bullies him about it, right there on live TV. Seriously, all decorum is out the window nowadays. Trump would outright make fun of him for it. Biden wouldn't be able to defend himself because he's used to traditional rules, Trump would then control the floor.

Bernie is a bulldog. Warren has power and takes no shit. They're quick on their feet. Biden is not. And that really fucking matters when it comes to the debate stage. His polls and electability will absolutely vanish if he goes toe to toe with Trump.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
also there's this weird thing going on where people have known like one person with a cognitive disorder and assume that since Biden isn't acting exactly like their end stage grandma, he must be fine.

they're just gaffes

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017

The cognitive dissonance about Joe being prone to gaffes is quite hilarious though. He's been no different throughout his entire political career, now we have a bunch of armchair doctors bullshitting their way around with false diagnoses commenting on his neurological state and throwing out disgusting accusations. Keep on keeping on. Looks real good.

This is a choice for voters to make, not the candidates. And I can see Biden is in bad shape, your shaming attempt ain't working.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck is Bernie older than Biden but apparently 10x more cognizant?

What's Biden been up to the past 3 years? Maybe there wasn't much that stimulated and exercised his mental acuity. With the brain, if you don't use it, you could lose it. Plus his age and what must've been intense grief over losing his son: those are all risks for some cognitive softening.

Oct 27, 2017
Wait is ERA unrepresentative or are they too influential and gonna blow it in the general for Joe

Also I've had family members with dementia and uh, this is exactly how it manifested. He's got it and so does Trump.

Every vote matters. I'd hope you'd understand that.

As for the latter part of your post, so have I. And what Joe is displaying is not remotely comparable to what I've experienced.

Oct 27, 2017
also there's this weird thing going on where people have known like one person with a cognitive disorder and assume that since Biden isn't acting exactly like their end stage grandma, he must be fine.
Your assumptions here make you look like an intolerant asshole. Don't pretend to know me or others who are acutely aware of what dementia and other cognitive disorders entail and have had to suffer seeing loved ones go through it.

Oct 27, 2017
Does it occur to you that dementia isn't a single condition and that Joe may indeed be displaying symptoms that are familiar to some of us?
I'm aware. I also know that the hyperbole and overreaction to diagnose Joe when he's displayed the same traits for 30 years is ridiculously shortsighted. Particular symptoms of a disorder isn't enough evidence to claim someone has dementia.

But if you want to continue stanning for armchair doctors who are diagnosing Joe with scant evidence to go on, as any neurologist would tell you, go ahead.

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How many more slip ups does the man have to make before he truly drops out of the race?

I'm aware. I also know that the hyperbole and overreaction to diagnose Joe when he's displayed the same traits for 30 years is ridiculously shortsighted. Particular symptoms of a disorder isn't enough evidence to claim someone has dementia.

But if you want to continue stanning for armchair doctors who are diagnosing Joe with scant evidence to go on, as any neurologist would tell you, go ahead.

30 years? Why, that would put that almost exactly the time he had two brain surgeries!
I think you've cracked the code.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Cheers thanks for the permission.

Yeah I think he's not all there and is struggling, I don't know how long it's been this way, it certainly seems worse than the last time he ran in 2012, but as you point out it's been like this for 30 years since his multiple brain hemorrhages, and I think nominating him will be a disaster because Trump, the GOP and right wing media are going to go in hard on this.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Somebody needs to start setting an over/under on the number of Biden Derangement Syndrome threads created on ERA every day. 10 seems like a good number.

Yes, he's not the ideal candidate. Yes, he has made blatant gaffes. We get it. The obsession over everything with him is borderline creepy when it comes to this site though and echos the craziness of the Fox News comment sections.

At the end of the day, ERA is as unrepresentative of the general electorate as it gets and I sure hope the people here who are dead set in their opposition to Joe even breathing vote for him in the general election if he happens to get the democratic nomination. Because if you stay home and don't vote, you're part of the problem and no better than those who elected Trump.

Also, those who are constantly playing doctor and trying to diagnose Joe Biden from a neurological standpoint here on ERA are offensive and should stop with their armchair bullshit. Especially for those of us who have had family members and friends deal with dementia, alzheimers etc and are unfortunately well aware of what that entails.

God, I hope Warren gets the nom. Unfortunately all the other good choices are polling too low.
If I don't like something I just move on.....mods seem fine with threads, just like they're fine with threads about the little things trump does. As a POC I'd like to see every little racist "gaffe" he has. And him being old means I wanna see every gaffe he makes. You can only fuck ups so much that it becomes a pattern.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
How many more slip ups does the man have to make before he truly drops out of the race?

Once everyone who isn't Bernie, Warren, and Harris drop out, the true battle will begin. Biden will have Bernie, Warren, and Harris all attacking him at different times. He is going to be tremendously overwhelmed. Speak nothing of his debates with Trump, which will be a bloodbath. Biden needs to step down. This is a war he can't win.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can actually explain and justify all of this as errors, memory, poor staffing, workload and exhausted advisors.

A lot of it is media narrative driven by clicks and expectations.

But it's not good enough.

There's no need to compare him to Trump. Obviously he's still infinitely better.

But it's not good enough.

And we should stop hiring 76 year old men for anything pivotal.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
giphy.gif