• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Honestly as much as cutting the supporting cast down in Animanics is a bummer, doing it to Tiny Toons is worse. One of TTA's strengths was it's variety among the cast. At least the Warners could hold their own in skits, too much of Babs and Buster won't work as well. Just having, let's say for a hypothetical, Babs/Buster/Plucky/Hampton for two seasons is going to be a detriment.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
Animaniacs and now this? Crazy man. Our generation getting older is paying off I guess.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Elmyra is the one character I'm totally okay with never seeing again.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
You know a show was going to be fucking hype when they premiered it during prime time. I was so excited to see this little cartoon and I became obsessed with these guys as a kid.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda miffed I have to subscribe to Hulu and HBO Max to watch Animaniacs and Tiny Toons, especially the later.

HBO Max is expensive and has no Roku support. Also, Freakazoid when?

Oh what? Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain was rough... but Elmyra shouldn't be cut from Tiny Toons.

Last edited:

DarkCloud12X

Oct 27, 2017
Here's hoping these revivals lead to new boxed sets of their older shows ala the batman/beyond blu sets we recently got. Especially for Tiny Toons as Animaniacs recently got an all in collection set for DVD.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine we'll also lose out on the dodo, and maybe the road runner/coyote analogues... I don't expect any one of value to be lost. Not even permanently if the series last long enough.

Yep. Keep in mind Animaniacs has cut a majority of it's characters. Only returning ones I've noticed are the Warner siblings, and Pinky and the Brain.

No Scratchansniff, Hello Nurse, Slappy, Skippy, Pigeons, Mindy, Rita etc. I personally expect a lot of Tiny Toons to get cut.

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine we'll also lose out on the dodo, and maybe the road runner/coyote analogues... I don't expect any one of value to be lost. Not even permanently if the series last long enough.

This show could end up being the Buster/Babs/Plucky/Hamton show (with Montana Max also potentially showing up as a Trump-like figure). A lot of characters seem like they could be on the chopping block.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Elmyra is literally the worst character... She's not just one note, she's also not fun, not funny, or interesting. Plus she killed the pinky and the brain show.

This.
Eh, Elmyra's fine. She's Elmer Fudd's Tiny Toon equivalent and even though she wasn't hunting animals to kill them like Fudd she was more horrifying. She was the scariest antagonist on the show.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the character voices are good...and I guess with things being scaled down the music will no longer be orchestrated? I remember that being a rare thing back when the original show was on air

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Elmyra probably got cut because she is one of the most hated characters from the show. Fans despised her especially when she got pushed to get more focus. Not saying all the characters are coming back but lets wait a bit for the gloom.

Where did he go, that Invisibo
Fans hated her because of Elmyra, Pinky, and the Brain, which wasn't her fault. She was fine on Tiny Toons. Small doses.

It sounds like they're focusing more on the school stuff that Tiny Toons was pretty loose with. The whole premise of the series was that they were going to school to learn from the Looney Tunes but the series barely did anything with that. Elmyra and Monty went to the school but I don't remember them ever having speaking roles in school-focused shorts.
IJ4cBEe.jpg

If I had to guess another character to get the axe I'd guess Shirley. She's the most 90s character in the series.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
They can ax Calamity, little beeper and Sweetie as well
I barely remember them
Calamity and Beeper don't require voice actors so they'd be foolish to do that. It made me sad how underused they were in the original show cuz the Roadrunner cartoons were my favorites.

Sweetie was in a lot of episodes. She was Furball's main foil. She was a more annoying female version of Tweety. She was much meaner than Tweety was.

Beedig

Feb 10, 2018
I revisited Tiny Toons a few years, and im still thinking about how they got away with the animations on Julie Bruin.
dd61xn1-41d5d890-00ee-4f3d-9b01-c61a83e62465.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Elmyra was always terrible. I never liked her. Always found her bits on the show annoying.
So really, I'm glad they're rid of her.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This show could end up being the Buster/Babs/Plucky/Hamton show (with Montana Max also potentially showing up as a Trump-like figure). A lot of characters seem like they could be on the chopping block.

I think the basic school/college set up guarantees there will be some minor characters around. The question is just whether they will receive any focus.

Kitty Paws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 21, 2019

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I revisited Tiny Toons a few years, and im still thinking about how they got away with the animations on Julie Bruin.
dd61xn1-41d5d890-00ee-4f3d-9b01-c61a83e62465.gif
Same segment as Fuddona.
EFElD87.png

Somehow I missed that! Kinda disappointing as I would have preferred an animated series but we'll see how this goes...
This live action show is the reason why DuckTales was forbade to feature the Rescue Rangers despite featuring Goof Troop Goofy, Bonkers, The Gummi Bears, and Darkwing Duck. We only got a pseudo cameo with them because the animators decided to put them in an episode to see if the execs would tell them no.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Fans hated her because of Elmyra, Pinky, and the Brain, which wasn't her fault. She was fine on Tiny Toons. Small doses.

It sounds like they're focusing more on the school stuff that Tiny Toons was pretty loose with. The whole premise of the series was that they were going to school to learn from the Looney Tunes but the series barely did anything with that. Elmyra and Monty went to the school but I don't remember them ever having speaking roles in school-focused shorts.
IJ4cBEe.jpg

If I had to guess another character to get the axe I'd guess Shirley. She's the most 90s character in the series.
Instead of axing Shirley (especially given the lack of other female characters in the cast), I think they ought to take this opportunity to expand on her original dated characterization into something more substantial.

Ideally WITHOUT following the lead of so many other animated properties and turning her into a Mabel Pines clone.

I thought the voice actress of Babs quit because nerds got really creepy with her.
I'd have thought Tress would have more 'cause to challenge nerd creepiness over Gadget or Dot rather than Babs.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I was literally just playing the NES game yesterday thinking about how cool it'd be for Tiny Toons to come back ala Animaniacs. Good shit.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Baby plucky MIGHT be able to save this, but none of these characters are strong enough to carry 2 seasons. Pisses me off that I may not see Calamity, he's one of my favorite cartoon characters period.

IJ4cBEe.jpg

There were a decent number of school related episodes, it was more of a back drop element though, the focus was more on their lives as toon kids in school really, not so much the class room. Off the top of my head there was stuff like the school dance episode, which focused a bit on Monty and Elmyra. Another episode where Plucky played hickey going to the school nurse and Elmyra was the assistant, the film festival one (Animaniacs!) had Monty in it where he had a few lines, but I think it focused a bit on Plucky mostly.

Last edited: