• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Crossplay was added to Borderlands 3 in June 2021, but the PlayStation systems did not support it at the time.

Edit: Looks like it's a recent addition.

Last edited:

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking good. I want to play BL3 with my partner but I won't play that shit splitscreen on a playstation and she doesn't want to play a shooter on PC. Platforms (one in particular) need to stop draggin their heels on crossplay. Tired of this shit.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Well guess I'll get this for PC then because I'm not paying $70 for the current gen version.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Very welcome surprise, almost all my gaming friends play BL but are on different platforms these days.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still holding out hope for gamepass pc, very unlikely with Epic games deal. But a girl can dream, would definitely have 4 people playing at launch if so.

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
Great news. My group played through BL3 on PS5 but I prefer the Xbox controller (plus I'd have to fix a loose R2 on one of the DualSense shoulder buttons...)

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The matchmaking for BL3 was subpar. I hope they either improve it or provide a browser based list to search for games

Th3BranMan

Nov 8, 2017
Hopefully split screen implementation is better than BL3 here. It's a straight mess on next gen consoles.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
That's great news and I forgot this game is out real soon.
Thinking about it though - BL3 matchmaking was pretty shit in general, as in it didn't even work within the same ecosystem, so I'm a bit cautious.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
This is amazing news, because these games are best enjoyed together and not every person wants to or can afford/find a next generation console.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
I'm still having a hard time deciding between the normal edition or the chaotic great edition for the season pass.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Love how they keep stressing "Playstation" as if it was a miracle to get them onboard.

Sony need to step it up here

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
Release time:
622feb144c4cdconsole-map.jpg

PC specs:
SPECS.png

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Just filled up my steam wallet in anticipation for this game and another game, then I just found out that it's actually a timed exclusive for the Epic Game Store on pc? Man I feel like a fool right now, how did that news get over my head. I guess the Steam page not having a date or pre-order button should've clued me in, but I didn't even bat an eye at it since I just assumed it would be on Steam just by virtue of there already being a Steam page. Big oof.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
For co op games I think this is a must going forward. Most people I k ow that are jumping into the current generation are just buying what system is available to buy rather than making a choice, so everyone is increasingly scattered across different ecosystems.