• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
The French video where the item and its description were spotted.
TimeSplitters 2 Remake:
"It's finally coming! The iconic shooter, which has stood the test of time to join the era of modern games."

qr4eEIz.png

Not the primary source but I saw this through VGC:
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/thq-nordic-is-reportedly-teasing-a-timesplitters-2-remake/

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even care if they give it the Destroy All Humans/Battle for Bikini Bottom treatment, I'd settle for an HD collection of 2 and Future Perfect at this point.

That being said, I'd buy a Timesplitters 2 remake immediately.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
As long as they can find a way to fix the "hilarious" early 2000s racism, I'd be game for some TimeSplitters remasters or remakes.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, what's going on with this franchise? I thought we received news it was getting attention again - at least a remaster of 1-3. Also thought I recall rumors of a fourth entry.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Be cool if it was a ground up remake. They could completely overhaul the level maker too.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I'd be happy to replay and repurchase these games on some platform that is guaranteed to offer the ability to play them down the line.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd much rather just have the original versions ported to modern platforms. Look at the xiii remake. Remakes aren't always the right choice.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
If they do this and add online MP, I will play Virus mode till my fucking arms fall off.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
It's almost irritating how this hasn't happened yet. It wouldn't even be that big of an effort. Just fucking do it.

Nov 8, 2017
One of the more prominent characters in the game's MP mode is an offensive stereotype of a Chinese man. It's just a generally thoughtless game, in that standard late '90s/early '00s "comedy" way.

My read on TS2 (and TS generally) is that almost every character is some form of exaggerated stereotype from the period and place they come from. The silly cartoon Russians, the Chicago ganster stuff etc. And yeah sometimes that manifested in what you're describing.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I've never understood the love Timesplitters 2 has over Future Perfect.
Future Perfect feels so much more polished in every aspect. I really hope we don't end up with just a TS 2 remaske.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered the Chicago level, such amazing music and atmosphere, could've been its own game:

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
My only fear is they will lock the characters behind a paywall rather than getting them unlocked through the challenges.

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
DAH! style remake would be amazing but I honestly rather just want an HD Collection with all 3 games (yes 1 is actually good) that just lets me play them on a modern console.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel a lot of what made TimeSplitters will be lost with standard FPS controls and not that free aim Goldeneye style.

Socky

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester, UK
Im not overly hopeful after this length of time, but it would be great to see something happen with TS2 or TSFP, or a new game perhaps. Something is better than nothing, and that's all we have right now. :(

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Future Perfect feels so much more polished in every aspect. I really hope we don't end up with just a TS 2 remaske.
Same here, as much as I love Timesplitters 2...Future Perfect was better in every way for me, such a fantastic campaign too.

MegaApple

Jun 20, 2020
India
Of course, the genius marketers at THQ Nordic® will tease a remaster of an FPS in a niche RTS game...

About damn time. Though I'm pretty sure they will make changes to balancing and game feel like they did with Bikini Bottom and Destroy All Humans.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
While I loved and sunk and ungodly amount of hours into TSFP and TS2 I can see why some folks would prefer 2. Personally, I think the multiplayer levels were muuuuuch better than in FP, bots were also much more challenging.

If we're gonna get specific there was a lot of issues plaguing TSFP to the point it felt rushed out. (published by EA so it wouldn't surprise me) Whether it's bots vanishing forever (mostly in siberia), bots glitching to the point where if the player is too far from them they'll group up together and as soon as you get close to them they suddenly start fighting again. Game would randomly freeze during gameplay (especially on GC and Xbox) and for the mapmaker, unless you had the Xbox version, you were limited to only 6 bots in TSFP mapmaker maps, which is too bad because the map editor was outstanding. Now those are all nitpicks obviously but I figured it was worth mentionning.

Last edited: