• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Every time you see characters eating in a movie they have way too much food on their plates. You'll see some hundred pound female character eating a 2500 calorie meal.
The worst thing is that most of the time they don't touch the food at all. Most scenes in diners start with them ordering a meal for a king, then after the talk is over they drop some cash without having touched the food. I should become used to this because it happens so much, but it drives me crazy every time

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
I would joke the "entirety of the Phantom Menace" but I don't want to turn this into another star wars thread lol

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So in The Lost World, when they find the ship that housed the T-Rex

who the fuck closed the cargo hold again after it escaped? How did the T-Rex get his big ass into the tiny bridge? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

who the fuck closed the cargo hold again after it escaped? How did the T-Rex get his big ass into the tiny bridge? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

There is a cut scene that had raptors killing the crew after the T Rex was captured or something along those lines.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is a cut scene that had raptors killing the crew after the T Rex was captured or something along those lines.

This is actually an urban legend/popular theory, although it makes perfect sense this isn't actually what happened. There are storyboards of a cut scene showing how the T.rex was supposed to escape from the cargo hold (it gets hit with a forklift or something) but that obviously doesn't explain how it managed to kill the crew in enclosed areas or how it got back in the hold.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Rewatching Harry Potter the thread.
Nearly every plot hole/inconsistency in the movies is explained in the books (or comes out of something that was changed from the books), so I guess this never bothered me.

That being said I always do wonder how people who only ever saw the movies and never read any of it get along, but plenty of people did, so whatever.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Jurassic Park

The ending scene where the t-Rex snatched the raptor in the air. How did no one hear the t-rex coming. We had seen evidence thateach footstep rattled the floor, but somehow stealth kills a raptor.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Ashoka's voice at the end of Rise of Skywalker

REALLY hated that. She's not dead, as far as the canon is concerned. Doesnt even have a death date

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jurassic Park

The ending scene where the t-Rex snatched the raptor in the air. How did no one hear the t-rex coming. We had seen evidence thateach footstep rattled the floor, but somehow stealth kills a raptor.

My guess is that the pouring rain the night before made the ground squishy and muddy, softening its footsteps, but it's also possible they did hear it and just paid it no mind. "Great, another dinosaur is wandering around outside, whatever."

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Hancock with Will Smith. The torsional stress on the whale he threw in the sea would mean he would have just ripped a small chunk of the poor whale's flesh off. Even assuming he was able to cradle the whale in a huge supporting sling, he wouldn't have enough counterweight in his own body to throw the thing, he'd end up throwing himself instead.
Ha, same deal with anytime Superman lifts a plane. Doesn't matter how strong he is; his tiny hands are gonna punch through the skin of a massive airplane like a nail no matter where he tries to pick it up.
a9ac7e22b5268e4a-600x338.png

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aliens "is this another bug hunt sir?" "We believe a xenomorph may have been involved" does this imply that the colonial marines have fought xeno's before the events of aliens? In which case youd think they would be better prepared. What about arturian poon tang. Other alien species are almost never mentioned in this series besides predators (non-canon) and engineers. am i supposed to believe that humanity and the weyland yutani corporation have met other friendly alien species and the colonial marines have had sex with them!?

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In War of the Worlds a big electric storm fries every single piece of electronics in the city. Then they go up to one of the alien spacecraft, and someone is filming with a camcorder but is blown up, and the camera shot shows the alien through the LCD screen/viewfinder of the camera, and I"m like they just established no electronics survived, but wanted a cool camera shot so they deliberately forgot that for a second. It was so obvious.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
*we can now kill wolverine with this shiny bullet*

*The one guy who's mutant ability to never ever miss a shot just died*

Its like bruhhhhhhh

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha, same deal with anytime Superman lifts a plane. Doesn't matter how strong he is; his tiny hands are gonna punch through the skin of a massive airplane like a nail no matter where he tries to pick it up.
a9ac7e22b5268e4a-600x338.png

The Worm web serial had a character that could do stuff like this but the way it worked is that their invulnerability and invincibility could be extended the objects they were physically interacting with as long as they remained in contact with the character, and of course the character was willing to extend their power and considering they were a super villain they usually just punched through whatever they touched. The author actually explains the way the character uses the power as for example it should have them creating craters with every footstep but they just turn the ground invulnerable where ever they step just for the time they're touching it. I think DC actually came up with this reason as to how Super Man doesn't just destroy stuff like planes when catching them. The Boys goes the opposite route...

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
This is mentioned in the movie...they all evacuated the island before the hurricane. Most of the park's systems are self-sustaining.

It's even a massive plot point, in that the last boat to leave the island is waiting for Nedry to drop off the embryos, which is why he's rushing so hard and ends up dead and unable to get back to his desk to turn the systems back on.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
I watched ready player one for the first time this weekend... i can usually look past a lot of stuff but damn what a mess

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Hancock with Will Smith. The torsional stress on the whale he threw in the sea would mean he would have just ripped a small chunk of the poor whale's flesh off. Even assuming he was able to cradle the whale in a huge supporting sling, he wouldn't have enough counterweight in his own body to throw the thing, he'd end up throwing himself instead.

Also when he tossed that asshole kid into the air and casually catches him when he comes back down at the speed of a missile..that kid should have died.

Oct 25, 2017
Jurassic Park

T. rex just picked up slasher movie skills for the final scene.

(With all the acrobatics and raptors, I get why Grant and co wouldn't notice it getting closer, bigger question to me was how it fit in the visitors center in the first place. On the exterior there didn't seem to be a space it could skip in.

Oct 30, 2017
In the original cut of Halloween, Dr. Loomis shoots Michael 7 times using a 6-shot revolver.

And then goes around exclaiming to the sheriff, "I SHOT HIM SIX TIMES!"

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much every movie has this ...

First shot (character walks into bar, windy outside) Actors hair is very rustled and unkempt.
Cut.
Second shot (same character in bar) Actor now has perfectly combed hair for some reason.

WHY DON'T DIRECTORS NOTICE THIS??? Consistency with props, makeup, hair, etc is very important. You can't have an actor with fake blood on their left-cheek in shot 1, and then have the fake blood on their right-cheek in shot 2 LOL.

Last edited:

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
I do, all the fucking time and it can ruin movies for me.
Stuff like the stupid
Sith world compass in star wars, how kylo ren never noticed Rey was holding the fucking knife while they were fighting and she was in his chambers and stupid stuff like that

How can people who make a living doing this stuff make such silly mistakes or be so lazy?

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017

That and the hunter thinking he could take a friggen T-Rex with a double barrel shogun lmao

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017

I remember assuming the juvenile escaped the cargo hold from a different, human-sized entrance and then went back in to mama after he killed everyone and got bored.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I got hung up on the trailer for the Purge. It seemed to indicate that due to the purge, crime the rest of the year was more or less nonexistent, and I was just like ...but that wouldn't stop crimes of opportunity or crimes of passion. Like no one is waiting 10 months to fulfill their road rage.
I know it's just the premise to get to the fun parts of the movie, but I just couldn't take the idea seriously. (Though I do consider it more my failing than the movie's.)

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
In Star Trek Generations, Picard falls into the "Nexus" which is a place where time doesn't exist. He discovers that he can indeed exit the Nexus, so to he decides to get the help of Captain Kirk, and go back in time ~3 minutes before the bad guy shot a missile that destroyed a solar system.

Why not 10 minutes before he shot the missile? Why not an hour? Why not go back when the bad guy was on Picard's ship earlier in the movie? It's the dumbest shit.

EDIT - I guess that isn't a throw-away line.

A better, smaller detail is how Picard always orders his tea by saying "Earl grey tea, hot". Why does he need to specify? Why can't the replicator learn what type of tea he always asks for?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
She could still be communicating with her. Doesn't Luke call out to Leia in the trilogy, using the force?

I mean, I guess it's possible but every single other Jedi in that part was confirmed dead either in Rebels/Clone Wars or one of the movies. Ashoka hasnt died in any official media, we dont know how or where she apparently died.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Toward the end of the film, we find out that the creature can fly at a pretty good clip and can do so while carrying a fully grown human, so why does it need a truck in the first place?!
So it can transport bodies during the day when a giant bat man flying through the air would raise concern

As my own example. In the Platinum Dunes Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the main cast picks up a survivor who is implied to be walking away from the house, but she's walking in the direction of the house.

Also in Texas Chainsaw 3D, Alexandria Daddario's character was a baby at the time of the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre in the 70s. The film takes place in 2013, meaning she should be bordering on 40
giphy.gif

Does she look 40 to you?!

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I watched ready player one for the first time this weekend... i can usually look past a lot of stuff but damn what a mess

There are 2 small details that bothers me to no end in that movie

1) HOW THE HELL does the first egg took so long to be discovered? Like they never played donkey kong in their lifes? The FIRST THING you do in a videogame is try the unintended path because most of the time there is a secret there =P

2) Zemeckis Cube. There isn't a single rubick's cube in back to the future.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
I would joke the "entirety of the Phantom Menace" but I don't want to turn this into another star wars thread lol

My biggest nitpick with the movie is that even though it's explained the Jedi can't or won't free Anakin's mom from Watto, why doesn't Amidala send someone back to buy her freedom in exchange for, you know, Anakin helping to free her planet?

The Jedi would still not have wanted Anakin to have contact with her, but he could at least be content knowing she's free and living a good life on Naboo or wherever.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I guess it's possible but every single other Jedi in that part was confirmed dead either in Rebels/Clone Wars or one of the movies. Ashoka hasnt died in any official media, we dont know how or where she apparently died.

The answer is that someone who doesn't care all that much about "the canon" decided that her voice needed to be in there to make people mark out.

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1917:
The "oner" camera work felt like a schtick at parts. Some of the transitions were done to hide cuts but it stuck out to me and took me out of the film. I don't want to notice the camera... for instance, Dunkirk felt cleaner as I never felt the camera

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
I remember assuming the juvenile escaped the cargo hold from a different, human-sized entrance and then went back in to mama after he killed everyone and got bored.
As I recall, the juvenile was brought in by plane and wasn't even on the ship at the time, so that doesn't quite work.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Pretty much everything about the movie Yesterday.

I can suspend disbelief for almost anything, but this movie was asking a lot.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017

thebeeks

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas, USA
The lyrics to Macavity the Mystery Cat say Macavity has broken every human law.

EVERY. HUMAN. LAW.

I know this comes from Cats the musical and it's not entirely fair to put the blame on Cats the movie (that poor movie has enough troubles), but still.... every human law.
From the laws of ettiquite to full on war crimes, this cat has broken them all. I don't even know how the rest of the song went because I was imagining Macavity committing insurance fraud.