• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
Here's a two-for-one. I prefer both the Type O Negative and Isley Brothers covers of "Summer Breeze" to the Seals and Croft original.

Bruh, so glad someone else thinks about that Isley cover. That guitar riff just SINGS.

Also can't believe noone's posted this one yet:

And I'm sure few people even realize this is a cover:

Final edit I swear. This cover of Fields of Gold by Eva Cassidy

Last edited:

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
m.youtube.com

Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence [Official Music Video]

Watch the official music video for The Sound of Silence by Disturbed from the album Immortalized.đź”” Subscribe to the channel: https://youtube.com/c/Disturbed...

Disturbed's cover of The Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel

Also I must be the only person who prefers the original version of Hurt. Feel like Cash missed the point of that song completely.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Foo Fighters covering AC/DC Let There Be Rock.

Saw them in Melbourne live and they played about 45 minutes over their set just doing these covers of various bands, fucking amazing.

Last edited:

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Disturbed - The Sound of Silence

I like the original quite a bit, but this speaks to be on another level.

For the same song, I'll also nominate the variant used in Watchmen:

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Tom Jone's cover of You Can Leave Your Hat On (Which is itself a cover of the Joe Cocker rendition but with a little more oomph)

Randy Newman's original version:

Illenium

Aug 7, 2019
I seem to prefer anybody else's version instead of Elvis Presley's "I can't help falling in love with you"

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer The Ataris' version of Boys of Summer:

And not quite a cover but the Aston Shuffle remix of Heaven Can Wait is better than OG:

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Oh what the heck, I'll nominate the following, the original version I was exposed to was performed by Pebbles and Bamm Bamm in The Flintstones, but it's an even older song.

I remember it from when I was a kid. Honestly never looked up the music video until just now, it's a bit hokey, but oh well, lol.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Almost the entire soundtrack to Sky High.

My favorite is Vitamin C's cover of Voices Carry

NSFW thumbnail:

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I really like No Doubt's cover of "It's My Life". Granted, I just finished listening to the original, but maybe Talk Talk was just better as a post-rock band than a synthpop one.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
m.youtube.com

Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence [Official Music Video]

Watch the official music video for The Sound of Silence by Disturbed from the album Immortalized.đź”” Subscribe to the channel: https://youtube.com/c/Disturbed...

Disturbed's cover of The Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel

Also I must be the only person who prefers the original version of Hurt. Feel like Cash missed the point of that song completely.

I like Disturbed's version of Land of Confusion too. Surprised we haven't seen a new cover of that song in these trying times.

Oct 27, 2017
There was a cover of "A Deeper Love" by Aretha Franklin that was glorious. I used to listen to it everyday. Got it from a friend I'm no longer on good terms with who got it from some underground London DJ.

I accidentally deleted it at some point and haven't spent years trying to find it with no success.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Florence + The Machine cover of Foo Fighters' Times Like These from Glastonbury 2015 is just perfect.

Random thoughts inspired by this thread:

Most Dylan songs are best in their original versions (or later Dylan live versions).
Disturbed's The Sound of Silence and Calum Scott's Dancing On My Own are crimes against humanity.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Richard Harris is the original. Donna's version is shorter but she provides a lot more depth and range than the original.

The original is an Otis Redding song. Otis's version isn't bad, but we associate it with Aretha so much his just doesn't sound 'right' to my ears.

Deleted member 27246

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The Fallout 76 version of Country Roads. John Denver's version is a classic, but I don't like it as much.

Deleted member 26909

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The Rage Against the Machine version of "Maggie's Farm" originally by Bob Dylan. Honestly, every song on the Renegades album is better than the original version but Maggie's Farm is the stand out track.
Came here to say this word for word! Favourite track on the album

Aside from that, Arctic Monkey's cover of Drake's Hold On, We're Going Home is dope

Apr 24, 2018
m.youtube.com

Immigrant Song

Provided to YouTube by EpicImmigrant Song · Infectious GroovesSARSIPPIUS' ARK (Limited Edition)℗ 1993 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.Released on: 1993-02-02Com...

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.