• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
m.youtube.com

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold The World (MTV Unplugged)

REMASTERED IN HD!Taken from the 25th Anniversary Editions of Nirvana – MTV Unplugged in New YorkOrder Now: https://Nirvana.lnk.to/Unplugged25Listen to more f...

David Bowies man who sold the world covered by Kurt Cobain.

Easily the greatest cover of all time. Hands down
Kojima should have used this version in Phantom Pain and yes it would have been chronologically wrong but who cares

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I think both are amazing tracks, but I prefer GnR version of Sympathy for the Devil over The Rolling Stones one:

And also I prefer Rage Against the Machine version of Kick out the Jams over the one from MC5:

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
Just an excuse to get this over the billion mark on youtube.

www.youtube.com

Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (Official 4K Video)

Official 4K Video for ”I Will Always Love You” by Whitney HoustonListen to Whitney Houston: https://WhitneyHouston.lnk.to/listenYDWatch more Whitney Houston ...

And does this count?...

www.youtube.com

LUTHER VANDROSS feat. BUSTA RHYMES - lovely day (part 2) 2003

Soul, funk, rare grooves, r&b,... play wit me & stay funky!!!Subscribe to my Spotify playlists: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0AovrBRmUN3QqANjoO0DIT?si=s...

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I adore Al Green, but the Talking Heads version of Take Me to the River has a much better groove.

Derek and the Dominoes cover of Little Wing took a good Hendrix song, and elevated it to a masterpiece.

And the Credence Clearwater Revival version of Suzie Q is the definitve version, in my mind.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost a completely different song, but Devo's take on Satisfaction:

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I think I lean on liking red hot chiliy pepper's higher ground just slightly more than Stevie wonder's.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Definitely Rage's rendition of renegades of funk over Africa bambataa's.

youtu.be

Rage Against The Machine - Renegades Of Funk

Artist: Rage Against The Machine Song: Renegades Of Funk Album: Renegades Lyrics No matter how hard you try, you can't stop us now No matter how hard you try...

Tricky's version of Bad dream is better than the original by chill Rob g.

youtu.be

Tricky - Bad Dreams (Pre-Millennium Tension Album)

Tricky - Bad Dreams This is a matter of utmost urgencyYou might even call it a police emergencySuckers got ill when they finally heard the GWasn't sellin' ou...

Donny Hathaway's cover of jealous guy is better than Lennon's.

youtu.be

Donny Hathaway - Jealous Guy (Live) (1972)

Donny Hathaway - Jealous Guy (Live) (1972) [ATCO Records]Live (1972 LP) - US70's Soul

On the fence about gnr's live and let die or Paul McCartney's.

youtu.be

Live And Let Die

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupLive And Let Die · Guns N' RosesUse Your Illusion I℗ A Geffen Records Release; ℗ 1991 UMG Recordings, Inc.Release...
youtu.be

live and let die- paul mccartney

live and let die by paul mccartney--- from the 2 cd set history, and hits im not sure what track its on coas i lost my cd and on my flash drive it was labled...

God save the queen from Ronnie Oates always stuck with me too.

youtu.be

ZombiU - God Save The Queen (Theme song from the E3 trailer : ZombiU)

Single available! http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/god-save-queen-trailer-music/id548314430More news here: http://www.facebook.com/UBILOUD

Chingon singing malaguena salerosa is my definitive version. It actually bothers me that avenged sevenfold comes up as the main return on a search with Google.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer the Ramones version of I Don't Wanna Grow Up over the Tom Waits original and I loooove Tom Waits.

Ghostbound

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I wouldn't say I prefer it over the original (I consider them equal), but the Reznor / Ross cover of Life on Mars is mesmerizing.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prince covers may not be better than the originals but they prove another aspect of possibly the most talented pop artist in the last 100 years which is that he's one of the strongest songwriters in the same period.
Tom Jones' KISS and Sinead's Nothing Compares 2U being the most memorable.

Foo Fighters' Darling Nikki and Chaka Khan's Feel for You are arguably as strong.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
I think that the Gn'R version of Knocking on Heaven's Door is vastly superior to the Dylan's original. This live version is specially amazing:

Dec 12, 2017
Prince covers may not be better than the originals but they prove another aspect of possibly the most talented pop artist in the last 100 years which is that he's one of the strongest songwriters in the same period.
Tom Jones' KISS and Sinead's Nothing Compares 2U being the most memorable.

Foo Fighters' Darling Nikki and Chaka Khan's Feel for You are arguably as strong.
Not a cover, but Prince's acoustic versions of Feel for You is really good.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I generally prefer whichever version I heard first.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
nine inch nails did the better dead souls, i thought
also i'm afraid of americans but i guess these are debatable

STP's dancing days > zeppelin too

woooww, that was a good pick
Stevie is a true musical genius.

Most people don't realize how amazing he is. Maybe the best voice of all time in popular music.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
A couple of David Bowie Songs (Heroes & The Man Who Sold The World.)
www.youtube.com

Depeche Mode - Heroes (Highline Sessions Version)

Director: Timothy Saccenti http://www.timothysaccenti.com Production: Radical Media Executive producer: Jennifer Heath Producer: Andrew Krasniak DOP: Ivan Ab...
www.youtube.com

Midge Ure - The Man Who Sold The World (1982)

We passed upon the stairAlthough I wasn't thereHe said I was his friendWhich came as some surprise I spoke into his eyesI thought you died aloneA long long t...

Not sure if this counts as a cover but Body Counts version of "Institutionalized" originally by Suicidal Tendencies.
www.youtube.com

BODY COUNT - Institutionalized (Official Music Video)

The Official Music Video for the song “Institutionalized” by Body Count.Directed By: Frankie NassoEdited by: Dom Mcinerney--iTunes: http://smarturl.it/iTunes...

The Rage Against the Machine version of "Maggie's Farm" originally by Bob Dylan. Honestly, every song on the Renegades album is better than the original version but Maggie's Farm is the stand out track.
www.youtube.com

Maggie's Farm

Provided to YouTube by EpicMaggie's Farm · Rage Against The MachineRenegades℗ 2000 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.Released on: 2000-12-05Composer, Lyricist: Bo...

The Cake version of "War Pigs" originally by Black Sabbath.
www.youtube.com

War Pigs

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard Enterprises War Pigs · CAKE b-sides and rarities ℗ 2007 Upbeat Records Released on: 2007-11-13 Auto-generated by YouTube.

There are a lot more covers I consider better than the original but it would take too long to list them all.

Oct 31, 2017
The cover of House of the Rising Sun they made for Wofenstein: The New Order

Hotel California by the Gypsy Kings (as used in Lebowski)

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also a huge fan of this cover of Supernaut by Black Sabbath

Excellent pick, but it's hard to go wrong with a collaborative effort between Trent Reznor and Al Jourgensen.

"it's fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins"
Originally on Nativity in Black which is a great cover album, and I like White Zombies Children of The Grave as much as the original, as heavy as Sabbath but now with Manson Samples.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I will always post Rare Essence's go-go cover of Ashlee Simpson in these threads:

compared to the super slick pop original

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Used - Happy Christmas

is better than John Lennon's

@ me